CaptainXL

Dec 4, 2011
jeffro312 said:
Is this a
DELPHI Part # SL10064
ENGINE VARIABLE TIMING SOLENOID

$47.79
Add to Cart

I have no experience with Delphi CPAS's but it should be ok. I got the GM one from GM Parts East. Yeah, correction there is not an ACDelco version.

Just make sure to flush the hell out of it. The VVT has very small passages and is very sensitive to any grit and grime. When all is said and done, at some point the truck will stop dieseling. Could be immediately, 3 months down the road, or maybe a year. Depends on how often its driven.

12615873 - GM VALVE

CaptainXL

Dec 4, 2011
Here is what mind sounds like when warmed up.

[video=youtube;mEMN4uchwuc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEMN4uchwuc&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Berzerk

Apr 7, 2013
Purchased my 04 with 106k on it for $3250,needed tires and the SES light was on. The first week I had it home noticed it sounded like my sons F250 diesel pickup.
Did some research and checked the cpas to find that the connectors was oil soaked. Ordered a new one from amazon and cleaned the connectors (male and female). Center sceen on the cpas had lite build up so cleaned that also then sealed the female connector with RTV using a toothpick to appy the RTV.

After intalling the cleaned/temp-repaired cpas the motor sounded so dang much like a 4 stroke gasaline motor all I could do was grin:smile:

fireman4215

Dec 18, 2011
drburke said:
Like a sports car.

[video=youtube;6DzXGYv7ens]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DzXGYv7ens[/video]

If by sports car you mean ricer! Haha jk

drburke

Nov 8, 2012
I like to say it's a BMW in a Chevy body :wootwoot:

But yeah, it was a bet. Kinda like the loudness factor on the highway when someone won't move right though and you downshift. Works as an auditory version of this

View attachment 29233

Attachments

• BannerTemp.jpg
    BannerTemp.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 59

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online

No members online now.