What color should my bowtie be?

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
I'm planning on doing the bowtie mod but which color? Red or Dark yellow? Maybe something else?

photo1s-1.jpg

Cable810

Dec 5, 2011
Hmm, Black? But black is pretty common :/ What color goes with blue? I would pick the Red over the Yellow any day.

I know how about........ PINK :rotfl: Just kidding. Though I wonder how it would look??

mika

Dec 6, 2011
What about charcoal metalic grey?

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Cable810 said:
Hmm, Black? But black is pretty common :/ What color goes with blue? I would pick the Red over the Yellow any day.

I know how about........ PINK :rotfl:

Black on blue hmmmmm nope! Red maybe yeh a better combo. Pink looool Sure my wife would love that!

mika said:
What about charcoal metalic grey?

Charcoal metallic grey! interesting :undecided:

Any other ideas?

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Have you thought about billet?, my paint is imperial blue metalic, and the billet matches it perfectly.. check out the thread Jman423 started about a chrome bowtie, as I have pix in there of my billet bowtie on my blue truck

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Boricua SS said:
Have you thought about billet?, my paint is imperial blue metalic, and the billet matches it perfectly.. check out the thread Jman423 started about a chrome bowtie, as I have pix in there of my billet bowtie on my blue truck

Oh.. Thats just ...... :drooling::hail:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
That's what we're here for.. :crackup: don't you just love people to feed your mod bug :rotfl:

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
I like color matched. Mine needs a new coat of paint but its white. Subtle, but I like it. If I can ever get an SS grille, I'll probably switch to black or red.

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
There's a guy near buy that does them with some kinda sticky paper for like a dollar! Yeh imagine that! So I'm gonna go over later today l, hand him $5 and try out a few colors lol

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Looks good

Trailshaman

Dec 7, 2011
I like the silver. Looks real good with the blue:thumbsup:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
thats the next best thing to the billet or polished.. almost looks like the etched glass vinyl from Jeff... great choice man!!!

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Boricua SS said:
thats the next best thing to the billet or polished.. almost looks like the etched glass vinyl from Jeff... great choice man!!!

Thanks man! Glad u stepped in when u did! I was thinking of a red or yellow-orange lol!

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
Excellent choice:thumbsup:I'm thinking of doing vinyl to my front bowtie color choice undecided. I'm giving up I'm trying to find a SS grill :frown: has anyone used Grafxwerks.com

woody79

Dec 3, 2011
Looks nice man. Is it vinyl or did you paint it?

ieatglue

Nov 20, 2011
Great choice color! Mni7a!

Sn00kyCr00k

Jan 1, 2012
I have the Gunmetal grey, I did my bowtie Purple LOL. Ill post pix soon. I did it under 420influence and also painted my wheels purple also. Dont ask why,but I did...

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Thanks ! Its vinyl. While putting it on apply heat using a heat gun and just smooth it out! I did the side emblems as well on the doors.

Very easy and cheap to do :tongue:

ieatglue

Nov 20, 2011
Bayni w. baynak, ba3da a7san minil fud'da. Leb2a ma3il booz aktar

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
ieatglue said:
Bayni w. baynak, ba3da a7san minil fud'da. Leb2a ma3il booz aktar

What the hell is that? You been sniffing your glue again?

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
fadyasha said:
What do u guys think?

c27d0b08.jpg

Excellent choice..blends well with the headlights. darker grey would have taken away from the grey around the grill.

Looks real nice.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
la la bb booze hh ar ta we wo ha wow:raspberry:

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
la la bb booze hh ar ta we wo ha wow:raspberry:

Looool! Sorry for that side discussion! It's Arabic written in English letters with numbers.

Sn00kyCr00k

Jan 1, 2012
I was wiping my TB off after a wash and it came right off! The metallic paint or whatever on the inside peeled off the glue. Here it is in my hand though! I stuck it back on with Seal All. Its a purple that looks blue or plum depending on the lighting. I one day would LOVE to pain her ALL this color, its so multidimentional. My wheels being done was a 420 project..I dont know but after a night of drinking a few and smoking a few, purple looked good to me. lol. Joker Mobile

Attachments

• IMAG0038.jpg
    IMAG0038.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0039.jpg
    IMAG0039.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 0

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
Looks good.....get the SS 20's and get em powdercoated that purple and body colored door handles and ur good

Sn00kyCr00k

Jan 1, 2012
TexazReece said:
Looks good.....get the SS 20's and get em powdercoated that purple and body colored door handles and ur good

Id love to, but its hard to find used ones,even harder to buy new ones. They are flippin expensive. Im probably going to get a decent pair of 20s and have them PC'd. But I read the color fades faster than paint....paint I used was for autos,just in a spraycan. Its custom paint also. Springtime Ill prolly just redo them sice getting new tires ruined it. Cant they use something when removing/putting on new tires that will protect the rim? Os there anything like that available?

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
There's a guy selling a set of 4 with tires for $650.00 on OS and they are in good condition if ur interested

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keithdm

Members Online