What came in your mail today?

Theblackarrow

Feb 1, 2015
dmanns67 said:
Had every parcel service at my house today. Surprised everything came so quick. New GM SWPS, AC Delco HVAC actuator, GM "speciality" tool, and a new set of Craftsman u-joints.

attachicon.gif
IMG_20150214_011405.jpg
OK Sorry for my stupid question but what does the HVAC Actuator do exactly? is it responsible for controlling ventilation direction like all air comes from top vents or only from Bottom vents or from both cause i have sometimes a crazy thing happening in my car when i turn the AC on i here the blowing air sound but it seems that as if it's stuck or blocked to come from the vents and after switching off the car and the AC a couple of times it works again good so shall i buy this part and solve the problem? :biggrin:

Mounce

Original poster
Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Theblackarrow said:
OK Sorry for my stupid question but what does the HVAC Actuator do exactly? is it responsible for controlling ventilation direction like all air comes from top vents or only from Bottom vents or from both cause i have sometimes a crazy thing happening in my car when i turn the AC on i here the blowing air sound but it seems that as if it's stuck or blocked to come from the vents and after switching off the car and the AC a couple of times it works again good so shall i buy this part and solve the problem? [emoji3]
It controls temp and vent selection, there's like 5 of them iirc. Search the site about HVAC actuators, you'll find useful info on how to diagnose them, there's been 5 or so threads on it already this year it seems.

Reactions: SnowBlazer

freddyboy61

Dec 4, 2011
Got a check for $56 from New York State Tax dept. because our school district budget stayed under the 2% limit. Wonder how much the school superintendent got back?

Reactions: hrddrv

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
The missing piece to my new water softener arrived, now I can finally install it. 22 grains hardness is getting old.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Got my exhaust manifolds from Texas to be used on my 5.7 backup engine for my snow plow. 1971 vintage manifolds with original flange studs intact, your not finding that in our rust belt salvage yards. I always buy West and Southwest salvage parts when I can :thumbsup: Mike.

manifolds.JPG[

Attachments

• 350.JPG
    350.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 21

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Black front door trim panels, so I can take out the ones I painted. The paint is starting to fade on high contact areas
uploadfromtaptalk1424541475028.jpg

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
northcreek said:
Got my exhaust manifolds from Texas to be used on my 5.7 backup engine for my snow plow. 1971 vintage manifolds with original flange studs intact, your not finding that in our rust belt salvage yards. I always buy West and Southwest salvage parts when I can :thumbsup: Mike.
Interestingly enough, the "Rust Belt" isn't originally a reference to areas more harsh on metal, but it's the new name of what used to be the "Steel Belt" where many foundries and things were before that all moved out to other countries.

As for my mail, just a low-earnings paper. I've never filed one once, not even when I was a bit hurting for cash. I've been saving up, even saved my refund, I'm happy to not need it, those funds are much better used for people with families to feed.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
IllogicTC said:
Interestingly enough, the "Rust Belt" isn't originally a reference to areas more harsh on metal, but it's the new name of what used to be the "Steel Belt" where many foundries and things were before that all moved out to other countries.
Kind of funny that the areas that once produced all of the steel are now reclaiming it via rust....

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Yesterday I got couple sets of wheels and a set of tires. DTD had some deals going so the DD got new rubber and aluminum. The project got some new aluminum cause i could not find anything in right sized used.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Probably DDM If I had to guess.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
CaptainKD said:
I can get you one if you want bro, from the yard here

Mounce

Original poster
Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Figured it out, yeah they should, they won't look inside. It's gotta be 05 or newer though. Not sure if you have to have the recall papers or not.

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
Mounce said:
Figured it out, yeah they should, they won't look inside. It's gotta be 05 or newer though. Not sure if you have to have the recall papers or not.
Since they usually have documentation on which specific VIN ranges were affected, I would think it could be done without the paperwork, then again big corporate likes to make hassles, so it'd probably be best to take it along anyway.

All that showed up today was junk mail! Super junk mail, Sally Beauty Supply!

Reactions: Mounce

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
IllogicTC said:
All that showed up today was junk mail! Super junk mail, Sally Beauty Supply!
What, you can use some product?? :raspberry: :rotfl:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnnnyj

Members Online

No members online now.