ANNOUNCEMENT Welcome to GMTNation.com! Here's the story...

TheBigKahuna

Aug 29, 2012
I wondered what was going on with the trailvoy site. I made the switch today after getting a message about it yesterday. Thank you for giving us hope again! LOL!:smile:

WarGawd

Sep 2, 2012
Hi all -

Found my way here owing to some of May03LT's videos. I had joined TV back in early July having just bought my '05 Envoy XL, and it seemed to be the first site that came up in search engines. While there I did discover a wealth of info, cleaned my throttle body within the first 2 weeks of ownership, and got the CAF installed a short time later.

After that I started looking for info related to what I thought was (and may still be - more on that later) a whiny tranny. I made a few recordings of the sound under various operating conditions with the intent of posting them, and then discovered a thread that convinced me it was the idler pulley. I changed that out the following morning, only to discover that while the idler was indeed shot, it was not the source of the noise I was looking for originally.

Went back to searching the threads at TV, which TBH I found myself getting quite bogged down in. All the while I often said to myself "Geez, I sure wish this guy roadie was still around." I went back to May03LT's videos intending to check/change all the tranny/diff/TC fluids (at 175k km it's probably due anyway) before proceeding further. During one vid I caught the reference that theRoadie had turned up here, and voila, here I am.

FWIW, the advertising on the OS seems not to be intrusive, it never really bothered me, so maybe they've changed their approach somewhat, but nevertheless it's good to know I have found the spot where the vast majority of the useful content of that site came from.

And FYI, when I make my donation to GMTNation in a little while, I will consider it a personal retainer...roadie you're not allowed to leave!! :rotfl:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
WarGawd said:
Hi all -
Found my way here owing to some of May03LT's videos.
Welcome! Many of us have sneaky ways to leave breadcrumbs behind to lead the way here
I had joined TV back in early July having just bought my '05 Envoy XL, and it seemed to be the first site that came up in search engines.
It *is* a wonderful reference library, even if it is a bit dusty and devoid of people. Just ghosts haunt the place now.
All the while I often said to myself "Geez, I sure wish this guy roadie was still around."
Odd, I recite the same mantra in the mirror each morning, then I read the obits in the paper to confirm.
.. theRoadie had turned up here, and voila, here I am.
Glad you see the value in the ENTIRE volunteer admin and moderator team moving over here. 100% of us objected to being slaves to the profit-mongers in Toronto
FWIW, the advertising on the OS seems not to be intrusive, it never really bothered me, so maybe they've changed their approach somewhat,
Not much, but it wasn't 100% about the ads. Vertical Scope also disrespected the community by not caring about even little things like the stickers or t-shirts that help bind a community together. No support for meets. No chapters. Treating members as mere eyeballs to be sold to advertisers. Their business model offends us as volunteer vehicle enthusiasts.
And FYI, when I make my donation to GMTNation in a little while, I will consider it a personal retainer...roadie you're not allowed to leave!! :rotfl:
Oh, God. Another stalker. Take a number.

:rotfl:

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
WarGawd said:
I went back to May03LT's videos intending to check/change all the tranny/diff/TC fluids (at 175k km it's probably due anyway) before proceeding further. During one vid I caught the reference that theRoadie had turned up here, and voila, here I am.

Awesome! For a while there, folks who chose to stay there and contribute were posting my earlier videos. So, I added annotations to those videos which explained where the real tech guys are. Now I have fancy credits at the end to point folks here.

Glad you found us!:cool:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
MAY03LT said:
Awesome! For a while there, folks who chose to stay there and contribute were posting my earlier videos. So, I added annotations to those videos which explained where the real tech guys are. Now I have fancy credits at the end to point folks here.

Glad you found us!:cool:

Should have the credits at the beginning :biggrin:

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
WarGawd said:
Hi all -

Found my way here owing to some of May03LT's videos. I had joined TV back in early July having just bought my '05 Envoy XL, and it seemed to be the first site that came up in search engines. While there I did discover a wealth of info, cleaned my throttle body within the first 2 weeks of ownership, and got the CAF installed a short time later.

After that I started looking for info related to what I thought was (and may still be - more on that later) a whiny tranny. I made a few recordings of the sound under various operating conditions with the intent of posting them, and then discovered a thread that convinced me it was the idler pulley. I changed that out the following morning, only to discover that while the idler was indeed shot, it was not the source of the noise I was looking for originally.

Went back to searching the threads at TV, which TBH I found myself getting quite bogged down in. All the while I often said to myself "Geez, I sure wish this guy roadie was still around." I went back to May03LT's videos intending to check/change all the tranny/diff/TC fluids (at 175k km it's probably due anyway) before proceeding further. During one vid I caught the reference that theRoadie had turned up here, and voila, here I am.

FWIW, the advertising on the OS seems not to be intrusive, it never really bothered me, so maybe they've changed their approach somewhat, but nevertheless it's good to know I have found the spot where the vast majority of the useful content of that site came from.

:tiphat: :tiphat: Welcome :tiphat:

In case you haven't heard:
http://gmtnation.com...eres-the-story/

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
:rotfl: No, I didn't. That's my standard welcome and it was late. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :redface:

JimShoe

Sep 3, 2012
Thanks for all the effort. I have been a member at IBoats and the people there have always been a big help and source of good info. Appreciate a forum where there is this kind of help and if possible a person can help back. Thanks.:thumbsup:

Robbabob

Dec 10, 2012
Interesting read!

I've been on Dodge Forum for my Dakota, and now considering a TB purchase for the wife. Google found the OS first, but then found a link here.

I've also been a member at iBoats (same nick name) for a few years and know their membership is all about community and helping; with a little fun mixed in!

I know we will be purchasing her TB before too long (because she wants it), so I'll be trying to study what to look out for and what to stay away from.

Thanks for being here! BTW, If I find this site to be anything near as good as iBoats, I'll be upgrading very quickly to pay my way. :wink:

Thanks y'all,
Robb
(Chatt Tn)

Default User

Dec 19, 2012
this site, it's policy, and the knowledgeable members - is what a lot of other forums lack.

Truly happy to be a small part of this community

Roamingdoc

Dec 23, 2012
Prescott, AZ
Money seems to be the driving force behind way too many organizations and individuals... greed.
Glad to come over and THANK YOU for the PRIVATE message sent to pull my coat tail.

I cannot tell you how many times the members have helped me out and saved me tons of time and angst
(and how much money, sigh) with accurate help... Glad to See the names here!!

Already perusing and reading... all have a Merry Christmas or/and Holiday!

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
Welcome to the Nation! Hope to have you as an active member around here.

Merry Festivus to you too.

tjeffords

Dec 23, 2012
Well I revived the red pill today in the form of an PM from Golgo 13. Thank you for opening my eyes and informing me of this site! I'm glad to be here and ready to help out where I can and learn as much as I can! Thank you again Golgo 13!

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
I stumbled on to a soccer forum that now belongs to VS (seems they have a sports vertical). In it I found a rather long post from a member decrying VS for all of the same reasons described in posts here. That member is now banned (duh) but was one of the mods there.

So sad that their only view is $$$ and not running a usable forum.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
The Evil Borg Empire in Toronto has acquired over 200 (!) operating enthusiast-started forums and have over 600 forums total in six "verticals", which is what they call their ant farm collections.

Automotive, Powersports, Power Equipment, Sports, Pets, Technology.

It wouldn't have been so hard to nurture their communities, but those Vertical Scope parasites have a different culture. Pillage, rape, and fleece the advertisers with their lies. Annoy the forum users; invent new technology to push even more ads in the user's faces; mismanage the acquisitions as if they never had to deal with a jailbreak and disgruntled mods before. They know what they're doing and must be making $$ doing it. My personal opinion - Rob Laidlaw is a blight on the Internet and his business model deserves to be shunned.

Reactions: Chris JW

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Found that post decrying VS again.

Here is a link to it: An open letter to VS.

Being that I was only involved with the OS for about a month before the jailbreak, I had wondered a bit about how true the complaints were. I wonder no more. Seeing the parallels in something written three years earlier completely validates the reasons to me.

02blackenvoy

Feb 1, 2014
This would be why I got no answers to a couple questions I posted on TV...Everyone is over here...now I am as well...lol

Shawn

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
02blackenvoy said:
This would be why I got no answers to a couple questions I posted on TV...Everyone is over here...now I am as well...lol

Shawn

Ya found us!:thumbsup:

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
Welcome on over to the Nation Shawn.

TrailBlazer13

Mar 23, 2014
I have been on this page for close to a month, I am very grateful for the folks on this page and the help you all have given me.

Chris JW

May 13, 2014
Thanks for creating a great resource, seems like any advice from the other site i used came from members who are now here or a word for word copy of advise given by someone that is now here.

Would be nice to have this forum come up here (https://www.google.com/search?q=trailblazer+forum&ie=UTF-8&sa=Search&channel=fe&client=browser-ubuntu&hl=en) on the first page,as it is the best resource for these trucks.
dont know how google rates things but for info this site is #1 :smile:

Not quite sure what russian brides have to do with my TB but my browser redirected from the OS passing over a link on the top of their page.
luckily i run Linux otherwise I suspect it would have infected my PC.

Reactions: dmanns67

BHAMER

Aug 22, 2014
I must say I was on the os, and wasn't getting any answers. Then someone (Gary I think) referred me here. I am so glad that he did. It has been great so far.

Feb 29, 2016
Radford, VA
I'm in the process of buying a used 2005 TrailBlazer to replace my 2002 Explorer Sport Trac that was totaled in the recent winter unpleasantness. The first thing I do when researching a vehicle is to look and see what kind of forums exist for the platform. A Google search first turned up the TrailVoy forum. Once registered there I looked around and saw the dumpster fire that occurred a few years ago and how this sight seems to be the big supporter of our platform.

In poking around, I've already learned a lot about my TB, developed a modification list, started a shopping cart at RockAuto, etc. and I haven't even picked it up yet!

I look forward to being here a lot and becoming a member in good standing of this valuable forum. Thanks, in advance, for having me!

JimInRadfordVA

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Just went and perused the "old" site. Theres a Guy over their, Ravalli Surfer. Either hes purposely sabotaging the other user with bad advice, or.. Well I am not even gonna say it..

Another member is asking if he can swap a 4.3 into a TB with a 4.2.

And Holy Ads Batman!

Vertical Scope is still a money mongering company!

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Must be the same f*ckwit that was recently banned from here. He can keep screwing them up and people can come here for the real thing.

Reactions: xavierny25

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online