Weekend to do list is done.

xavierny25

Original poster
Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Hey all. Like I said on my intro my Voy just hit over 103000 miles so I went ahead and tackled my front & rear different as well as the transfer case fluid. It was pretty darn easy with the help of May03lt's YouTube videos the man sure knows his stuff. Tip hat tip hat. Today once again with the help of his videos I also cleaned up my throttle body with out the dreaded fear of disconnecting the battery. Next on my list for the coming weekend is the tranny. I plan on a full flush and pan drop and new filter. If anyone has any ideas on what to expect please let me know.thanks a bunch this site is the best.

jfkmk

Mar 7, 2013
The best advice is never say you're done! That's the best way to ensure you won't be done.:rotfl:

Joking, of course, but I agree this is a premium site!

Jul 24, 2012
xavierny25 said:
If anyone has any ideas on what to expect please let me know.

You will cross-thread one bolt, and it'll bug you, but then you'll get over it, because you need to be done.

This time next Monday you'll know which one.

:smile:

Plenty of good direction here on the site for the pan drop. A little messy, but not hard.

I ended up replacing the front cooler lines while I was at it. But then, I waited a little longer than 103K for mine.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
xavierny25 said:
Next on my list for the coming weekend is the tranny. I plan on a full flush and pan drop and new filter. If anyone has any ideas on what to expect please let me know.thanks a bunch this site is the best.

I've seen a few DIY-flush methods but haven't tried any myself. And I haven't found a DIY-friendly flush method that will cost less then what my work charges ($99 for dex3, $199 for dex6/synthetic). Hopefully some others will chime in with their $0.02.:cool:

Thanks for the shout out man!:thumbsup:

Berns

Jun 22, 2013
xavierny25 said:
Hey all. Like I said on my intro my Voy just hit over 103000 miles so I went ahead and tackled my front & rear different as well as the transfer case fluid. It was pretty darn easy with the help of May03lt's YouTube videos the man sure knows his stuff. Tip hat tip hat. Today once again with the help of his videos I also cleaned up my throttle body with out the dreaded fear of disconnecting the battery. Next on my list for the coming weekend is the tranny. I plan on a full flush and pan drop and new filter. If anyone has any ideas on what to expect please let me know.thanks a bunch this site is the best.

Yeah, thanks to MAY03LT's vids I have been able to look into a few things myself. Thanks May03lt for taking the time to make these vids.

kdannyk

Jan 27, 2014
I did a transmission flush on TB last year and it's really easy. I did the full flush and filter change. I ended up pumping all the oil out through the oil line that connects to the radiator and dropped the pan. The hardest thing about it was getting the seal to lind correctly when putting the oil pan back on. I think it took me about 2 hours.

Robbabob

Dec 10, 2012
xavierny25 said:
If anyone has any ideas on what to expect please let me know.

I had an issue with the automatic gear lever on the drivers side of the pan. I expected to lose fluid, but that hung up and dumped more than I expected. Once I realized what the issue was, it was easier to get the pan back up.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fhendsbee

Members Online