Weather Tech Floor Mats

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
06Envoy said:
Oh boy. Sometimes I am such a dumbass. After I was complaining to my wife about the horrible fit of the generics, my wife went and pointedout to me that I had them installed ass backwards.
They look and fit much better now. I like how they fit inside the digital fits.
Damn I feel like such a goof, but it's best to come clean.

I have the generics over top of the digital fits so they catch more winter gunk.
Here are the final pics, including proper drivers side, rear cargo and passenger side.
3810-100-0918.jpg

3809-100-0916.jpg

3811-100-0921.jpg

3813-100-0924.jpg

3812-100-0923.jpg

Were did you get the generic mats? Do they have them for all 3 rows?

06Envoy

Dec 4, 2011
Short Bus said:
Were did you get the generic mats? Do they have them for all 3 rows?

They are also weathertech's.
LINK HERE.

I call them generic's but I guess weathertech calls them 'all weather' floor mats.
Yes they are for all three rows, but the 2nd and 3rd rows have to be cut to fit, that's why I call them generics.
But the first row are not generic and they fit nicely inside the digital fits.

W32_W50_W50.jpg

bigytwotone

Dec 7, 2011
Dawson creek BC Canada
i Think i am getting none of those mats i am going to take out my carpet and put in all rubber floor i hate carpet and think it should never be in the trucks i will also remove the carpet in my silverado

Taz6056

Dec 21, 2011
I have Weathertech's digital fits in the front but generics in both the 2nd and 3rd rows. I ride with one other person and tools, or materials most times so the need isn't so great back there.

Marc.

Marty395

Feb 23, 2012
I've had the same set for a year and a half and they still look good. The coverage is great and they are very easy to clean. Just don't put armour all after you wash them, otherwise your feet will be sliding all over the place! Lol, didn't really think that one thru.

MDBT

Jan 26, 2012
The mat you want looks like the weather tech (no diamondplate), has the front coverage of the Husky Liner, has the backseat coverage of the Weathertech, and costs what the huskies do. Unfortunately those mats don't exist so I chose to save $110 dollars and made my peace with the diamond plate design and the rear seat two piece mat (since there's never anyone sitting back there anyway).

A couple pictures of my new Husky liners for comparison.

7b392ada.jpg

12c32427.jpg

d3b31403.jpg

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Nice man! :thumbsup:

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
Feels like Weathertechs are getting bashed a bit here. Could they better? Yes they could? Could the 2012 Ferrari 458 Spider be better? I'm sure I could find some faults given some time. I've had three sets of Weathertechs in MN with kids and have yet to find any suprises or dirty carpet even with what seem like deficiencies.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
MDBT said:
The mat you want looks like the weather tech (no diamondplate), has the front coverage of the Husky Liner, has the backseat coverage of the Weathertech, and costs what the huskies do. Unfortunately those mats don't exist so I chose to save $110 dollars and made my peace with the diamond plate design and the rear seat two piece mat (since there's never anyone sitting back there anyway).

A couple pictures of my new Husky liners for comparison.

7b392ada.jpg

12c32427.jpg

d3b31403.jpg

I'm struggling a bit with the diamond pattern. It is almost cartoonish to me. I do like the bigger dead petal though. My guess is the Weathertechs were designed in the early days of the 360 line up, when they had a full dead petal built right on the floor. Or at least my first 360, the 2004 Rainier did. I was dissappointed both my 2007's didn't have the dead petal built on the carpet. The slyly cut a few things from the 2004 never to return.

MDBT

Jan 26, 2012
silverunicorn said:
Of all the options, if I were buying mats, I would get the Weathertech mats.

Why?

Well, this is why: A message from David MacNeil | Note From David MacNeil | WeatherTech.com

I would absolutely, positively buy from them FIRST just because of their business model.

Chris

Good to see Weathertech's constant barrage of advertisements has done it's work. Husky is made in the USA, good enough for me.

Jkust said:
Feels like Weathertechs are getting bashed a bit here. Could they better? Yes they could? Could the 2012 Ferrari 458 Spider be better? I'm sure I could find some faults given some time. I've had three sets of Weathertechs in MN with kids and have yet to find any suprises or dirty carpet even with what seem like deficiencies.

We know you've had multiple sets, you have posted your opinion on the weathertechs in this thread and many others. Your posts were the reason I started looking into those mats to begin with.

Jkust said:
I'm struggling a bit with the diamond pattern. It is almost cartoonish to me. I do like the bigger dead petal though. My guess is the Weathertechs were designed in the early days of the 360 line up, when they had a full dead petal built right on the floor. Or at least my first 360, the 2004 Rainier did. I was dissappointed both my 2007's didn't have the dead petal built on the carpet. The slyly cut a few things from the 2004 never to return.

Weathertechs aren't perfect, neither are Huskies, that's why I posted this in my last reply:

The mat you want looks like the weather tech (no diamondplate), has the front coverage of the Husky Liner, has the backseat coverage of the Weathertech, and costs what the huskies do.

I think that's reasonable, and I don't think many people will disagree. The only point of contention I would expect would be whether it's better to have the lip drain up front like the weathertech or have the ridge all around like the husky. Both options are valid.

I went back and forth on these mats for months, I posted new pictures because I'd never seen them compared together in one easy to read thread.

Taz6056

Dec 21, 2011
Four years of moderate abuse of my weathertech digital fits, and only today did the weathertech sticker float off of the mat.

Marc.

06-ascender

May 1, 2012
Just picked up a set of Husky liners for my '11 Denali XL for $75 for all three rows plus the cargo area. Not too shabby considering they are over $400 on their site. :thumbsup:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online