Weather Tech Floor Mats

woody79

Original poster
Member
Dec 3, 2011
351

Me007gold

Member
Nov 20, 2011
1,106
I don't have any direct experience with them, however I have heard nothing but great things as well, I have Huskey floor mats in my Traiblazer and the fit the bill nicely.
 

blazinlow89

Member
Jan 25, 2012
2,088
I just picked up some Michelin ones from wally world, not exactly a direct fit. However They do have a lot of extra groves built in so the fit flat with all of the bumps and everything.

I have always heard great things about weather tech though.
 

tbuckalew14

Member
Nov 20, 2011
380

Fire06

Member
Dec 18, 2011
7,223
I bought a set of the weather tech digifit from my car. They fit great. Not a lot of grooves for holding water and slush but they really do a great job of keeping the carpet clean. Ifigured if the water and slush got to bad either dump it or wipe it out. I think the trailblazer version runs right out the truck though .
 

Fire06

Member
Dec 18, 2011
7,223
Just checked your link and it does look like it (water ) would flow out of the vehicle. I really like min though:wootwoot::wootwoot:
 

ItsOnVoy

Member
Nov 21, 2011
2,401
I hear that there the best also!! There too expensive for me to spend on mats for this truck!!
 

06Envoy

Member
Dec 4, 2011
419
Talk about timing!
I ordered up some sets yesterday.
I got one of the digital fit's, and a complete set including cargo of the regulars.
My wifey thinks I'm nuts spending $460 on floor mats. But I like how they will protect the side sills even... And they look easy to dump out.


I'll take pics when they come in.
 

woody79

Original poster
Member
Dec 3, 2011
351
06Envoy said:
Talk about timing!
I ordered up some sets yesterday.
I got one of the digital fit's, and a complete set including cargo of the regulars.
My wifey thinks I'm nuts spending $460 on floor mats. But I like how they will protect the side sills even... And they look easy to dump out.


I'll take pics when they come in.

Thanks! I look forward to seeing the pics. I am planning on just buying a front row set for now.

Thanks for all the replies. I can always count on the members here to help out :thumbsup:
 

Mark20

Member
Dec 6, 2011
1,630
I have a set in the Envoy and they are very good mats. Though dirty there is no sign of wear particularly where your heal pivots between accelerator and brake like on other mats. I've had them in the Envoy since shortly after getting it new in 2005. Front mats are fitted perfectly but back mats are generic and I had to trim them to fit.
 

woody79

Original poster
Member
Dec 3, 2011
351
Mark20 said:
I have a set in the Envoy and they are very good mats. Though dirty there is no sign of wear particularly where your heal pivots between accelerator and brake like on other mats. I've had them in the Envoy since shortly after getting it new in 2005. Front mats are fitted perfectly but back mats are generic and I had to trim them to fit.

Do you have any issues emptying water/snow/slush out of them in the winter?
 

woody79

Original poster
Member
Dec 3, 2011
351
06Envoy said:
Talk about timing!
I ordered up some sets yesterday.
I got one of the digital fit's, and a complete set including cargo of the regulars.
My wifey thinks I'm nuts spending $460 on floor mats. But I like how they will protect the side sills even... And they look easy to dump out.


I'll take pics when they come in.

What color did you go for? I have a tan interior and am thinking of getting the black liners.
 

Mark20

Member
Dec 6, 2011
1,630
woody79 said:
Do you have any issues emptying water/snow/slush out of them in the winter?

No, just carefully pick them up and dump any crud out. I do make it a habit in messy weather to sit with my feet hanging out the door and bang them together so I don't get a lot of stuff in the Envoy.
 

RayVoy

Member
Nov 20, 2011
939

Boricua SS

Member
Nov 20, 2011
3,080
Ohio
through my research, the top two dogs in the floor mats world are the Weather Techs, and Husky Liners...

i myself have the husky liners.. and since day one of owning my truck, the carpets look the same way they did since the day i drove her off the dealership lot... nice, durable, and easy to clean...
 

06Envoy

Member
Dec 4, 2011
419
woody79 said:
What color did you go for? I have a tan interior and am thinking of getting the black liners.

I picked out all black for both sets....

I think they have a tan color as well.
 

woody79

Original poster
Member
Dec 3, 2011
351
Fire06 said:
I like the black ones

I also like the black ones. I have a gray interior not tan. I really need to get my eyes checked :dunce:

I just placed an order for a front set of black floor liners. I'll post pictures once I get them installed.:wootwoot:
 

Jkust

Member
Dec 4, 2011
945
Sure I've got the digital fit for all three areas in both my 9-7 and the Rainier. I ordered them as soon as I bought each truck and bought them for my prior Rainier as well. They do what they say and provide protection beyond what any flat floor mat can provide. My four beefs with them are:
1. The second row which is one solid floor mat doesn't exactly match the contours of the bench seat frame. As though they simply got the template wrong. I let them know this with the first set I bought and got no response. and;
2. While my first Rainier had a built in dead petal, neither of my 2007's does and the Weather Tech's are cut as though they were built for a 360 with a dead petal. In other words your foot can still touch the carpet where the floor mat should simply not have a notch cut out of it. and;
3. Again the rear cargo area could be fitted to cover all of the carpet not just the flat area. and;
4. They are made out of a porous type material especially in the channels that seems to needlessly get discolored causing you to need to detail the floor mats to get them back to the original color. The porosity is enough to get dirty and stay dirty but not enough to add any value to the product. I end up having to scrub them gently with a plastic brush which in turn slightly scuffs the mats up which to me is undesirable.

They protect I think as well as any floor liners out there but not as good as an enthusiast would like. My beefs are nit picky but for the several hundred dollars each set cost, I think nit picky is fair.
 

woody79

Original poster
Member
Dec 3, 2011
351
deepblue said:
Get the Floorliner DigitalFit... not the floor mats... Got mine in the fall. Front/rear/cargo mat....for the win. great way to handle winter slop. Easy to clean.


2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer | WeatherTech FloorLiner - car floor mats liner, floor tray protects and lines the floor of truck and SUV carpeting from mud, snow, water and dirt | WeatherTech.com

I did end up going with the DigitalFit floor liner. I was willing to pay the extra as I've heard a lot of good things about them.
 

MDBT

Member
Jan 26, 2012
223
Jkust said:
Sure I've got the digital fit for all three areas in both my 9-7 and the Rainier. I ordered them as soon as I bought each truck and bought them for my prior Rainier as well. They do what they say and provide protection beyond what any flat floor mat can provide. My four beefs with them are:
1. The second row which is one solid floor mat doesn't exactly match the contours of the bench seat frame. As though they simply got the template wrong. I let them know this with the first set I bought and got no response. and;
2. While my first Rainier had a built in dead petal, neither of my 2007's does and the Weather Tech's are cut as though they were built for a 360 with a dead petal. In other words your foot can still touch the carpet where the floor mat should simply not have a notch cut out of it. and;
3. Again the rear cargo area could be fitted to cover all of the carpet not just the flat area. and;
4. They are made out of a porous type material especially in the channels that seems to needlessly get discolored causing you to need to detail the floor mats to get them back to the original color. The porosity is enough to get dirty and stay dirty but not enough to add any value to the product. I end up having to scrub them gently with a plastic brush which in turn slightly scuffs the mats up which to me is undesirable.

They protect I think as well as any floor liners out there but not as good as an enthusiast would like. My beefs are nit picky but for the several hundred dollars each set cost, I think nit picky is fair.

I'm waiting to pick up a full set of mats for my 9-7x for a couple of months as I don't expect to drive it more than once or twice until April. I had decided on the Weathertech digital fit mats after some research and user comments, but your post here has me second guessing. If none of the 3 mats cover everything like they say they do then why am I paying $100 per row for them?

I will go back to shopping around.
 

markarock

Member
Dec 12, 2011
9
I have Weathertechs in the front and they are great. Very easy to "dump out" when dirty, and they wash up very easily--come very clean with not much fuss. They protecth the carpet completely in our wet and snowy and slushy weather in the winter, and just keep dust and grit off the carpet in the summer. I'm sold on them.
 

Jkust

Member
Dec 4, 2011
945
MDBT said:
I'm waiting to pick up a full set of mats for my 9-7x for a couple of months as I don't expect to drive it more than once or twice until April. I had decided on the Weathertech digital fit mats after some research and user comments, but your post here has me second guessing. If none of the 3 mats cover everything like they say they do then why am I paying $100 per row for them?

I will go back to shopping around.

Well like I said I am being very picky exactly because of the high cost for them. They need a 2.0 version to address what I bet are common complaints for a lot of vehicles. That said, I think even with the slight issues, they are still worth the money for the protection they provide. I expect that if there is carpet, they should cover it. I think the best part of them is the passenger liner that is a single piece that does a good job expecially collecting sand. If I had a gun to my head, I could live without the fronts and definitly the rear cargo area but the center seat is really where the money is at.
 

Taz6056

Member
Dec 21, 2011
49
LOVE my WeatherTech digital fit floor liners, for those keeping track, I also opted for the black liners.

Marc
 

Foz

Member
Dec 4, 2011
38
I've had the weather techs in my TB since october and love em, but like JKust said they dont cover the dead pedal area. Not really a huge complaint tho. Def worth the $$ IMO.
 

TrailBlazn420

Member
Dec 4, 2011
141
My dad has the WeatherTech floor mats in the front, back and cargo area of his 2011 Cadillac SRX. Let's just say they've paid for themselves already by catching whatever is thrown at them.:thumbsup:
 

woody79

Original poster
Member
Dec 3, 2011
351
TrailBlazn420 said:
My dad has the WeatherTech floor mats in the front, back and cargo area of his 2011 Cadillac SRX. Let's just say they've paid for themselves already by catching whatever is thrown at them.:thumbsup:

Great to know thanks :thumbsup:

Just got tracking info on mine, should be here tomorrow :wootwoot:

I'll post pics if anyone else is interested in seeing how they look.
 

06Envoy

Member
Dec 4, 2011
419
Mine have arrived today.
First up are the digital fits. They don't seem to cover as much of the sill as I thought they would, and they don't go as far back as I thought they would.
The generic front fits just plain don't fit well.

I'm not so sure they were worth the $460...time will tell
I'll have more pics as I install the cargo and 2nd and 3rd row's.

Here are the pics so far. (Warning! Pic Heavy)
3679-100-0901.jpg


3680-100-0905.jpg


3682-100-0909.jpg


3681-100-0907.jpg


3683-100-0910.jpg


3684-100-0912.jpg
 

woody79

Original poster
Member
Dec 3, 2011
351
06Envoy

Thanks for the pics. In the pictures do you have the drivers seat pushed back? or is it in the normal position. I am starting ot worry they don't go as far back as I thought. At least they cover the area around the pedals very well. That's the one area were mine looks bad now. The carpet around the pedals (accelerator mostly) is badly worn due to salt and stuff, we did get the car used and it did not come with floor mats.
 

ItsOnVoy

Member
Nov 21, 2011
2,401
Yeah I feel like they do not go back far enough also! maybe they do that on purpose? Because they know your feet will not really touch that area and that many will pull there seats up a lot and give it room? That could be a reason you know! Do you have those in the back also and the cargo area right?
 

06Envoy

Member
Dec 4, 2011
419
woody79 said:
06Envoy
Thanks for the pics. In the pictures do you have the drivers seat pushed back? or is it in the normal position. I am starting ot worry they don't go as far back as I thought. At least they cover the area around the pedals very well. That's the one area were mine looks bad now. The carpet around the pedals (accelerator mostly) is badly worn due to salt and stuff, we did get the car used and it did not come with floor mats.
Yes, the seat is all the way back and it is my normal driving position.
Yes, I think the mats will hide the messy carpet well enough until it gets to the back portion.

ItsOnVoy said:
Yeah I feel like they do not go back far enough also! maybe they do that on purpose? Because they know your feet will not really touch that area and that many will pull there seats up a lot and give it room? That could be a reason you know! Do you have those in the back also and the cargo area right?
It could be the reason why, but it looks goofy being so short up like that!
I have the digital fit for the rear cargo area and generic fits for the 2nd and 3rd row's.
I couldn't find the digital fit 2nd and 3rd rows for the XL/EXT versions on thier webpage. Maybe I'm just blind though.
 

MDBT

Member
Jan 26, 2012
223
06Envoy said:
Mine have arrived today.
First up are the digital fits. They don't seem to cover as much of the sill as I thought they would, and they don't go as far back as I thought they would.
The generic front fits just plain don't fit well.

I'm not so sure they were worth the $460...time will tell
I'll have more pics as I install the cargo and 2nd and 3rd row's.

Here are the pics so far. (Warning! Pic Heavy)

Thanks for the pics, you have saved me a lot of frustration. I definitely will not be getting the weathertech digital fits.
 

Jkust

Member
Dec 4, 2011
945
MDBT said:
Thanks for the pics, you have saved me a lot of frustration. I definitely will not be getting the weathertech digital fits.

Having the seat all the way back is unusual but I agree that they WT's should go back at least as far as a $20 WalMart set. As mentioned, having owned three sets of Weathertech digitals in MN, probably the benchmark state for testing floor mats, that part hasn't been an issue. As for the door sills, regardless of what you get, it would be nice to have some clear sill protector material on them like what came on it when the car was new.
Take a picture of the passenger side at a usual distance for an average height person and it doesn't look as bad. Anythime you are maxing anything out, it is going operate at the margins anyway. I'm average height and that issue didn't make it onto my beef list above.
 

MDBT

Member
Jan 26, 2012
223
Regardless of seat position I would still expect a floor mat to go to the seat rails instead of stopping 4-6" short. The only picture I could find on the weathertech web site of a floor mat that is as woefully short as these is the one for the VW Tiguan. The rest appear to extend from the back side of the pedals to the seat rails including large trucks like the expedition and burban. With the easy exit system enabled the seat will go back all the way regardless of your driving position and so you'd have a gap in the coverage when you were entering/exiting the vehicle. Though I could turn the feature off, I simply don't like the premise of paying for a custom fit mat that doesn't fit.

Husky has some new mats that are similar in design/look to the digital fits, but they don't make them for the TB. Even though I prefer the material used on the weathertech I'm leaning towards a set of the old form-fitted huskies. They would be around $100 cheaper shipped and better coverage than the weathertechs. I haven't really seen any alternatives for custom molded rubber floor mats. Most others are either universal or don't offer full coverage.
 

06Envoy

Member
Dec 4, 2011
419
Oh boy. Sometimes I am such a dumbass. After I was complaining to my wife about the horrible fit of the generics, my wife went and pointedout to me that I had them installed ass backwards.
They look and fit much better now. I like how they fit inside the digital fits.
Damn I feel like such a goof, but it's best to come clean.

I have the generics over top of the digital fits so they catch more winter gunk.
Here are the final pics, including proper drivers side, rear cargo and passenger side.
3810-100-0918.jpg


3809-100-0916.jpg


3811-100-0921.jpg


3813-100-0924.jpg


3812-100-0923.jpg
 

MDBT

Member
Jan 26, 2012
223
The more I look at pictures....the more I want to just go to an upholstery shop and have them cut some new carpet to lie over top.
 

Jkust

Member
Dec 4, 2011
945
06Envoy said:
Oh I have the generics over top of the digital fits so they catch more winter gunk.

Funny thing is I bought the WT Digitals for the 9-7 as soon as I got it home because they said it was going to be a heavy snow year from the La Nina. So far zero snow and honestly the WT's are going to waste this winter.
 

Forum Statistics

Threads
22,953
Posts
634,070
Members
17,938
Latest member
TrailblazerLTExtended

Members Online