ANNOUNCEMENT We need the community's help

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
That's what it's all about!

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
2 ideas:

While profits are not as much, there are no initial costs if we do a campaign with Teespring.com. I'll certainly offer up any creative services if desired.

For #7, I will start off by offering 2 prints for raffles, up to 12x18 inches (smaller if desired). Winners' choice from my portfolios (I have about 10 images that are on my site that are not available. Contact me for details). You can see them at ucphoto.net (port pages 2 and 3 are Not Safe For Work). I'll try to do more but will depend on my own finances.

I'm already trying to do my own fundraiser but I've used this site and feel I need to contribute. I would do more if possible.

MCSteven

Reactions: Mooseman

RTTBLT1

Jan 25, 2016
Louisburg, KS
How's this for an idea. Whenever you want to buy ANYTHING on eBay or Amazon, related to the forum or not, post the link in the appropriate section and then come back, click on the link and buy it. Related to GMT's or not, who cares? It's free money for the Nation for the little effort it takes to do this. We could have an "anything not related" thread (diapers, nick knacks, personal hygiene products) and continue to have individual threads for real items of interest (parts, tools, LED's)

Wish I had seen this, I buy quite a bit off Ebay and Amazon.

Couple questions on how this works...

1. Do I need to be signed into my GMTNATION Account and my Ebay/Amazon Account when making a purchase?

2. Will other members/visitors see any of my personal information?

3. Can I add multiple items to my cart and purchase them so the site can benefit from the purchase?

If anyone knows how this works, please let me know. Thanks

Reactions: Redbeard

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
When following a link from the ebay/amazon subforums, the revenue tag automatically attaches to the link. In any of the other forums, you have to manually add "&tag=gmtnation-20" to the link.

Most people don't know/remember to do this, some of the staff will edit the links if we think about it. TBH, I have no idea if you can add a bunch of stuff to your cart first and then purchase.

It works the same way as clicking on ads, and how the site they are on makes money off those clicks.

Mar 30, 2016
KSA
I really wish I could upgrade my membership but with no card and parents still not trusting me with theirs makes it hard to do so. However since I can't do that I did something else

I had an exam a while ago and I parked out next to a uniquely modded Trailblazer LT. So before the exam started I wrote out the following note and put it on his door

WP_20160504_09_54_24_Moment.jpg

WP_20160504_09_54_17_Pro_LI (2).jpg

I wrote it down in Arabic as well since it is the main language here in Saudi Arabia and since its hand-written people are willing to give it a look before tossing it away.

And funny thing is after I finished my exam I actually met him and recommended the site and he thanked me for the note as well.

I plan on writing a lot more as there are a lot of GMTs over here :2thumbsup:

Stryker11

May 20, 2016
North Texas
When following a link from the ebay/amazon subforums, the revenue tag automatically attaches to the link. In any of the other forums, you have to manually add "&tag=gmtnation-20" to the link.

Most people don't know/remember to do this, some of the staff will edit the links if we think about it. TBH, I have no idea if you can add a bunch of stuff to your cart first and then purchase.

It works the same way as clicking on ads, and how the site they are on makes money off those clicks.

So if I just put the link to the amazon deal here on GMT then the revenue tag is automatically added?

Reactions: Redbeard

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
So if I just put the link to the amazon deal here on GMT then the revenue tag is automatically added?

If you're posting in the eBay or Amazon forums, you don't need to mod the link when posted. Everywhere else, which is usually the case, then you do.

For example, I'm looking at some pre-made LEDs on ebay. Normally I'd just post this if I wanted to share the link

Code:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/231246018953?
ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

But in order for us to get any click revenue, I need to add the tag, so it would be
Code:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/231246018953?
ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649&tag=gmtnation-20

Reactions: dmanns67

Wishbone

Dec 5, 2011
Gladly upgraded account again.

Question: My renewal was up in February, should I have gotten an email reminder or something near the annual expiration date?

Reactions: xavierny25

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
We had some periods when emails were not getting out so this is likely what happened.

Reactions: Wishbone

RTTBLT1

Jan 25, 2016
Louisburg, KS
Hello

I have made a few purchases through the Site from links I have posted. One purchase for around $150 and soon to be another for around $55.

I want to be sure I am doing it correctly cause when I make the purchase another page opens for me to pay through my PayPal account.

It's not that I want to know how much the Site is receiving, just want to know that I'm doing it correctly and the Site is seeing it on there end.

Not sure if I need to contact @Jman423 or @djthumper or if one of the Moderators can look into this.

Thanks

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Hmmm we will have to see how much we get. I don't think we get very much per click but every little bit helps.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I've been clicking on all of them even though I didn't buy anything. Costs nothing and may help the site.

RTTBLT1

Jan 25, 2016
Louisburg, KS
I've been clicking on all of them even though I didn't buy anything. Costs nothing and may help the site.

I think I misunderstood...

So the Site gets a kick back from clicking the link?

Or

From making the purchase from the link?...or both?

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Me thinks both but legally I don't think they can actually disclose that info.

Reactions: RTTBLT1

swede

Jun 22, 2014
Click on Goggle ads as much as you want and GMTN get paid a certain amount / click from Google. That's basically how Google ads work.

Reactions: djthumper
Feb 29, 2016
Radford, VA

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

Locksmith

Nov 19, 2017
Columbia,SC
I mentioned to PCM of NC that I am a member! Hopefully they will consider more advertising here. I'm here because May03LT mentioned GMTNation on his YouTube video!

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
We don't charge for advertising which is why we are unbiased.

Reactions: Locksmith

tsmith1156

Jul 9, 2013
Lebanon, Ohio
Well as of right now I financially can’t help out but with income tax in a month or two I will definitely be donating, I have gotten way too much help from these forums to not contribute back

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Unfortunately, the latest update of the forum software broke the tip jar and donation page. If you just want to donate a few bucks rather than becoming a member (either is appreciated!), you can just send an amount to 423network LLC, which is the umbrella company of this site.

I'll ask @Jman423 if he could get the donations and tip jar working again.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online