We need a plan (suggestions)

markmc

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Due to the mass exodus from TV, several vendors (such as myself and high voltage) need suggestions of how to
end our Vendor status over there without lose of revenue..

I know there was a rush to leave, but we vendors kinda needed more notice of what to expect..left us on a sinking ship without life raft..
But thats ok, i/we understand the delema..just need some suggestions..

Until we figure out a good plan, i suggest we as vendors band together and bump any vendors threads as much as possible..

The threads need to be bumped without posts of reference to new site to avoid being band or deleted prematurely..

Any suggestions are welcome..Please :undecided::undecided:

navigator

Dec 3, 2011
Mark I know yourself and everyone else tells folks to email you "because you get them faster". I think a good option would be to have all the vendors adopt that and when you email a reply make sure the users know that most folks have moved over here.

It is a fine line of not helping VS but still helping the people and giving you the traffic you need.
I know some folks have made choices not to go back but I expect if you guys stay there and serve that community while gently nudging folks here, I don't think anyone would think differently of you. Every item you sell to trailvoy members helps anyone in the market because it increases your ability to provide new items.

Don't cut off your nose to spite your face :smile:

fishsticks

Nov 21, 2011
markmc said:
Due to the mass exodus from TV, several vendors (such as myself and high voltage) need suggestions of how to
end our Vendor status over there without lose of revenue..

I know there was a rush to leave, but we vendors kinda needed more notice of what to expect..left us on a sinking ship without life raft..
But thats ok, i/we understand the delema..just need some suggestions..

Until we figure out a good plan, i suggest we as vendors band together and bump any vendors threads as much as possible..

The threads need to be bumped without posts of reference to new site to avoid being band or deleted prematurely..

Any suggestions are welcome..Please :undecided::undecided:

Link to your new website in your sig over there. Google will find you eventually.

You and PCM4Less are probably the most active vendors over there, so I doubt your threads over there are going to drop to the bottom of the first page any time soon. You also have stickies dedicated to your products.

ORTB members still plug your products... and ORTB is known to Google.

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
Why not suggest to people that inquire that they sign on over here, where you can speak freely and get opinions, input, and suggestions from members who have bought from you in the past. Have anyone inquiring send you an e-mail, so its not posted on the forums over there. You already know the members that are here will give you guys glowing recommendations. Any way we can help you, we will. Plus it can't hurt us if you help recruit new victims!! I mean members!!:biggrin:

markmc

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
navigator said:
Mark I know yourself and everyone else tells folks to email you "because you get them faster". I think a good option would be to have all the vendors adopt that and when you email a reply make sure the users know that most folks have moved over here.

It is a fine line of not helping VS but still helping the people and giving you the traffic you need.
I know some folks have made choices not to go back but I expect if you guys stay there and serve that community while gently nudging folks here, I don't think anyone would think differently of you. Every item you sell to trailvoy members helps anyone in the market because it increases your ability to provide new items.

Don't cut off your nose to spite your face :smile:

I agree
The vendors could also serve as scouts discreetly..

tbuckalew14

Nov 20, 2011
fishsticks said:
Link to your new website in your sig over there. Google will find you eventually.

You and PCM4Less are probably the most active vendors over there, so I doubt your threads over there are going to drop to the bottom of the first page any time soon. You also have stickies dedicated to your products.

ORTB members still plug your products... and ORTB is known to Google.

I would suggest this too...post your new website up.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I like the idea of asking them to email when they inquire in one of your threads. Once they do that, you are free to tell them to come here or to deal with them directly. I know there are literally 1000's of pics of my truck on a multitude of sites with vendors products clearly seen and TV decals. I hope that anyone finding those can be directed here and have to basically rely on the vendors to do so.

markmc

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
tbuckalew14 said:
I would suggest this too...post your new website up.

There is a link to my new website over there.. and the new site has a link to here..
But i need a Moderator to make it a sticky??
Is there any Mods left over there that can do that without causing an issue with VS?

We kinda need to fly under the radar till the dust settles..imo..

fishsticks

Nov 21, 2011
markmc said:
There is a link to my new website over there.. and the new site has a link to here..
But i need a Moderator to make it a sticky??
Is there any Mods left over there that can do that without causing an issue with VS?

We kinda need to fly under the radar till the dust settles..imo..

If you have a link to your site in your sig, it will appear on EVERY post you've ever made over there.

When Google comes along and scrapes TV, you'll have a bunch of links to your new website from an already highly ranked site. Instant pagerank!

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
fishsticks said:
If you have a link to your site in your sig, it will appear on EVERY post you've ever made over there.

When Google comes along and scrapes TV, you'll have a bunch of links to your new website from an already highly ranked site. Instant pagerank!

The guy in the rain coat is correct! Make sure you link to your site in your signature. It will get you ranked faster. I can inquire about the sticky for you.:thumbsup:

markmc

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ghoster said:
The guy in the rain coat is correct! Make sure you link to your site in your signature. It will get you ranked faster. I can inquire about the sticky for you.:thumbsup:

Greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

i dont know who to trust over there any more, and it seems we have a spy here as well..:undecided:

walterc4553

Dec 5, 2011
Three prong approach.

1. Anytime you do a sale post the new customer in your list of customers on this site and the OS (with customer permission). This not only helps you with bumps but also helps potential customers by providing contacts.
2. When you have question raised by you on through e-mail or the OS threads or PMs. Post your response even e-mail ones. This will help with bumps and also provide helpful answers. Also include your new website. After a while this will be the first thing people see is the link to the site.
3. Have your website direct users to here for further questions and recommendations from customer.

mika

Dec 6, 2011
See what I can do to help, you helped me with what I needed so I will do what I can to help you.:thumbsup::thumbsup::yes::smile:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
I think you opening your website was a great start! If you have it linked in your sigs like everyone said is going to be a big winner for you. If you want testimonials for the site I am sure a bunch of us would do that for you as well.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher