Washer fluid leak

Badbart

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Has anyone had this problem? Seems to be leaking at the pump or where the pump plugs into the resovoir!? I can fill it with water and it works great, until the water all leaks out.
Also got two codes with a "Service Engine Soon" light. P0128 and P0106. Guess I'm due, it's got about 127K miles on it now.

Steveinfl

Dec 6, 2011
Not sure about the engine codes but my washer reservoir does a similar thing. If I fill mine to the top I will typically lose 1/4 of the tank then the leak stops. I actually removed the entire washer reservoir and used some gasket material to tighten up where the pumps enter the tank. It improved but still leaks only when completely full.

If you take it apart I would probably glue the pumps in with a plastic epoxy and let it set up for a day. Silicone didn't work for me either.

Good luck

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
P0128 is engine too cold. Probably thermostat and/or sensor (replace both IMO).

P0106 is MAP sensor. But a brief googling showed some people having that fix itself after the t-stat and temp sensor replacement. Seems odd but worth doing that first I suppose.

Not sure about the washer leak.

Badbart

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
From what I've read the common cause of the low temp is indeed the t-stat. I also will follow the throttle body cleaning instructions, as that seems to be related to the MAP sensor issue. It's great to have these resources available! Much thanks to all who contribute! Sounds like a good weekend project.

Gevans17

Jan 8, 2012
Badbart said:
Has anyone had this problem? Seems to be leaking at the pump or where the pump plugs into the resovoir!? I can fill it with water and it works great, until the water all leaks out.
Also got two codes with a "Service Engine Soon" light. P0128 and P0106. Guess I'm due, it's got about 127K miles on it now.

Mine was leaking thru the pump housing itself. Had to replace the pump to get it stopped. Washer Pumps are approx $15 at AZ

Badbart

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Gevans17 said:
Mine was leaking thru the pump housing itself. Had to replace the pump to get it stopped. Washer Pumps are approx $15 at AZ

Good to know, thanks.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shinystar696

Members Online