Volant Air Intake

ComputernerdBD

Original poster
Aug 24, 2014
Hey everyone. Does anyone have the Volant 15742 cold air intake on a 2007 or later 4.2L engine? I was looking at this for my 2007 and cannot see where the additional small tube connects that is currently connected to the airbox. I wanted to be sure it fits before I order this and would like to avoid finding I have an extra open tube that used to be connected to the air filter. I noticed the K&N has it but is not CARB exempt on the 2007, hence why I am looking at the Volant. Thanks

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
From the diagram, it does not appear that the Volant intake takes into account the air injection hose. They only have a port for the MAF sensor. On my K&N, they relocated the air injection hose to the underside of the air intake tube.

Unfortunately, like you mentioned, the K&N intakes are NOT CARB exempt. I would either contact the company or just buy as is and do some of your own modification for the air injection hose, but make sure the hose is post filter.

http://www.volant.com/3dkls/iddb/Tfile/FILE/Instructions/Trucks/15000_Chevy/15742.pdf
Picture1.jpg

ComputernerdBD

Original poster
Aug 24, 2014
Ok I got a nice response from Volant when I emailed them. They gave CARB EO D-526-6 (for which the 07 Trailblazer is covered under) and stated it comes with a 1" elbow fitting for the air pump hose. I guess that settles it then so I ordered the kit. Amazon will send it fast, so I guess I will add that to the list for Sunday. Thanks

EDIT: Ok I got the intake and I see the elbow on the airbox in a similar fashion as the factory one but it appears open to the air..... Not sure what this is but I guess I will install it and see. Is there a danger to unfiltered air getting in that pump?

Last edited:
Reactions: dmanns67

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucashailey

Members Online