Viper 571XV - Rear Door Detection Issues

CaptainXL

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I just had my Viper alarm system installed by an authorized Viper dealer. No issues with the remote start but when I arm the vehicle with the windows down and reach in and unlock the rear doors to open them the alarm doesn't go off until I close and then open the doors one more time. Is this normal? If I open the hatch glass the alarm goes off right away. Is there some type of delay I am not aware of? I am using the XK-01 which I was told provides for rear door sense.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
So if you unlock the car and then open the doors the alarm will not go off? If so that is not right or maybe the viper system doesn't do that? It should tho because my system does that (not a viper tho). If I unlock the door from the inside nothing, once I open the door inside or outside it will go off and tell me my door sensor went off etc.

I know the place I went to for my system and prob for yours also, there is a harness that will roll up your windows for you if there down once you lock the car. Pretty cool too!

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
CaptainXL said:
I am using the XK-01 which I was told provides for rear door sense.

I thought the way it worked was that the BCM does not transmit rear door status over the data wire with the ignition off. That's why we have to grab both rear door triggers at the bcm and diode isolate them to the instant trigger (-) of the alarm.

This is the first time I've heard of this so it would be good to know the outcome.

seanpooh

Jan 24, 2012
I too have the Viper system (5701) and the rear doors really don't apply much. I doubt it's an installation error because they have done a good job. Everything functions.

I had them activate the passive arming so when I leave my vehicle and close my doors (and all other doors are shut), it will take 30 seconds for the viper system to arm itself then 10 seconds after that for the doors to lock automatically.

The thing is though, with the auto locking it doesn't care if the rear doors are opened or closed. As long as the driver, passengers and trunk are closed, the viper will arm and lock regardless of the rear doors.

So for example; if I get home, turn off the Envoy, get out and shut my driver door the countdown begins. When I open the rear door to get some thing out, it still will eventually arm and lock. When it does and I shut the door, no alarm goes off.

I guess Viper didn't think it through about the rear doors or maybe we're suppose to buy something extra.

CaptainXL

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
MAY03LT said:
I thought the way it worked was that the BCM does not transmit rear door status over the data wire with the ignition off. That's why we have to grab both rear door triggers at the bcm and diode isolate them to the instant trigger (-) of the alarm.

This is the first time I've heard of this so it would be good to know the outcome.

Hmm. Will have to check this with the ignition on and off. Thanks for the tip. But I am pretty sure the alarm went off when I opened and closed the rear door the second time. Perhaps they have it grabbed wrong somehow. I don't see how.

bmntrail04

Oct 18, 2012
CaptainXL said:
Hmm. Will have to check this with the ignition on and off. Thanks for the tip. But I am pretty sure the alarm went off when I opened and closed the rear door the second time. Perhaps they have it grabbed wrong somehow. I don't see how.

So when they installed the rear diodes did they put them in back wards od did they hook it up on tye wrong trigger wire? Seams to me that its hooked up to the wrong trigger wire( for example all gm door triggers are negative when u shut the door it becomes positive so it could be hooked up incorrectly

CaptainXL

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
NinjuhhNutz said:
any update here?

Sorry, I will definitely take another look at my alarm within the next couple days. I've been busy raising kids ...so priorities.

Off the top of my head I believe the XK01 uses the purple OBD2 data wire to monitor the rear hatch. For certain I know the XK01 turns on the rear window element when its colder than 32 F.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online