Vibration and hesitation when hitting bump or pit hole

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Hey guys,
been forever. I haven't been around much because of this project been working on lately! I'm sure I've missed alot :tongue: Anyhow recently been facing a vibration as if something is dislocated when I hit a bump too fast or hit a hole in the street. I can't really describe the noise but I get a vibration, and start feeling as if something is holding back my truck and not to mention the noise maybe grinding noise if you may. There's no steering wheel vibration of any kind when this happens.

I hope it's not my Front differential going out :|

Lasts a few seconds then disappears like magic. Looked and pulled things around they seem tight, but will taking it to mechanic friend later tomorrow. When the problem doesn't occur she drives like a charm no vibrations or anything at high speeds, braking, turning, etc...

I know for a fact I'm do for Differential Oil change soon, and my Upper control arms are weak including Ball joints which i'm changing end of the month. I'll also be changing my shocks too they got around 90K (kilos) on them

Doing my best to describe the problem so please forgive me :S

meerschm

Aug 26, 2012
fadyasha said:
Hey guys,
been forever. I haven't been around much because of this project been working on lately! I'm sure I've missed alot :tongue: Anyhow recently been facing a vibration as if something is dislocated when I hit a bump too fast or hit a hole in the street. I can't really describe the noise but I get a vibration, and start feeling as if something is holding back my truck and not to mention the noise maybe grinding noise if you may. There's no steering wheel vibration of any kind when this happens.

I hope it's not my Front differential going out :|

Lasts a few seconds then disappears like magic. Looked and pulled things around they seem tight, but will taking it to mechanic friend later tomorrow. When the problem doesn't occur she drives like a charm no vibrations or anything at high speeds, braking, turning, etc...

I know for a fact I'm do for Differential Oil change soon, and my Upper control arms are weak including Ball joints which i'm changing end of the month. I'll also be changing my shocks too they got around 90K (kilos) on them

Doing my best to describe the problem so please forgive me :S

how is your water pump?
mine acted like that somewhat when it went.

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
meerschm said:
how is your water pump?
mine acted like that somewhat when it went.

Nah, it's more of the area down where the differential and axle is. Pump and Clutch where changed this summer for the 3rd time lol

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
fadyasha said:
Nah, it's more of the area down where the differential and axle is. Pump and Clutch where changed this summer for the 3rd time lol

lol, I have all kinds of noises going on:crazy:, if your thinking the front differential area have you checked the fluid level, any leaks?

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Denali n DOO said:
lol, I have all kinds of noises going on:crazy:, if your thinking the front differential area have you checked the fluid level, any leaks?

Normal vibrations are fine which would come from a weak link or joint but this is a bit more internal which is kind of worrying. Differential oil check will be tonight hopefully! That's my number one on the list lol

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
fadyasha said:
Normal vibrations are fine which would come from a weak link or joint but this is a bit more internal which is kind of worrying. Differential oil check will be tonight hopefully! That's my number one on the list lol

That's what I have to do, was suppose to do it yesterday but was too busy. I found this video to help me out since I've never checked that fluid before, now I see how easy it is to do. You describe yours as if something was binding up, creating the vibration and some resistance to moving forward at the same time.

[video=youtube;qST91kDjTIE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qST91kDjTIE[/video]

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
The golden videos by MAY03LT, who hasn't seen them :wink: That's exactly the feeling I get. It's as if something gets stuck in the middle then it's gone. I'm placing my bet on the Diff oil so thanks for confirming that thought. I changed both Diff oils in the fall of 2010. lol

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Finally got around to taking a look into the problem. Just by lifting my truck realized my cv boot was toast and grease was everywhere and the inner tie rods too! The amount of play while in the air was nasty.

Anyways got the parts and took it to my mechanic friend where she lays gutted lol!

After that gonna check the diff fluids and I hope this solves the problem. Changing the brakes while down there too

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Back again! No replies :tongue: after putting everything back together turns out there's some amount of play in the right axle. Dunno the technical term in English but anyhow the inner part of the axle goes into the bottom part of the engine area right? Well that's toast and so is my axle.

That whole right side needs replacing which from what i understood consists of 3 main parts. Now since this is kind of a big service decided to do my motor mounts, front hubs, and oil change

Oh yeh and my front differential has a leak! It's gonna be a expensive month :sadcry: should get my truck back tomorrow or Sunday.

In the meantime driving my father in laws ford five hundred! :sadcry:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Mastroeni

Members Online