Update and why I won't be posting much (long)

silverunicorn

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
So things are going well....or so I thought.

Got a call last week that the nodule they found in my thyroid (which was found in the original September PET scan) is cancerous as well. Papilary Carcinoma. They do believe this is also contained to the area it is in, and is unrelated to the kidney cancer that I had surgery for earlier.

So I have an appointment with the surgeon for this next week. We'll see what happens.

I guess if there is "good" news, it is that both the tumors they have found are "cureable" with surgery.

Was in a funk again but getting a new pinball machine helped that out, LOL.

Thanks for listening!
Chris

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery going your way brother

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I remember wasting a lot of my youth and money on pinball machines. Actually thought about getting one just for old times sake.

Good thing that the new cancer was found early. Keep up the good fight.

Numbnutz

Dec 11, 2011
You'll come out of this just like you did the last time. Give that b@st@rd a good kick in the ass.

silverunicorn

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
stormsurge said:
Hope the best for ya. I go in for scans at the end of the month. Fingers crossed.

Thank you. Hope all gors well for you as well.

I just wanted to say that I realize I may sound like I am whining. I know that I am very blessed, and very lucky. There are so many people with cancer that have it far more difficult than I do. Many don't like to talk about it. Talking about it helps me to deal with it. So far, the 2 types I have can be sergically removed, and hopefully that will be that. No chemo, no radiation, just surgery. At least for now.

Pray for all of those dealing with this bitch of a disease.

Thank you.
Chris

silverunicorn

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Well, the hits just keep on coming!

My surgeries are completed.

My thyroid surhery was on Monday. I was released from the hospital Tuesday at 11 am. My mother passes away from complications from a laproscopic surgery on Tuesday at 8:27 pm. It is all so surreal. She developed sepsis which got to her blood and shut down her organs. Everythign happened so fast.

Not sure I can take much more this year :sadcry:

Chris

Bodyslide

Dec 5, 2011
Sorry for all the difficult times you are having. Our thoughts and Prayers go out to you and the family.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
All I can say is that I am so sorry for your loss and my deepest condolences.

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
Sorry about all the bad things going on right now bro but try to remain strong. You all are DEEPLY in my Prayers

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jesussaves

Members Online