Truck Awning, would you want one?

Grimor

Original poster
Mar 28, 2013
So, I was looking around for a decent awning that I could just pull out the side of the truck and stow just as easily. I didn't really find anything I liked for a decent price. So I'm working with a (Chinese) company to make a custom size one that should look right on our trucks.
tbawning.jpg

would be 6' x 6' with a 6' extension and fit with our rails. And since some of us are lifted, the legs will adjust from 72"-96"

possible screen or changing rooms available if enough people express interest.

Shooting for less than $300 for the awning with extension

No commitment, but am I alone in wanting one?

Grimor

Original poster
Mar 28, 2013
Good news, MOQ (Min order Qty) is only 20 units. So this increases the chances of this becoming a real product.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Just can't justify it honestly. Maybe twice in 5 years have I actually thought...man do I wish I had an awning right now. I do think they are cool and look at them occasionally. The Aussie's have some awesome ones that swing around from side to rear of truck. Smittybilt has a reasonably priced option as well if you do not get to 20.

Grimor

Original poster
Mar 28, 2013
HARDTRAILZ said:
Just can't justify it honestly. Maybe twice in 5 years have I actually thought...man do I wish I had an awning right now. I do think they are cool and look at them occasionally. The Aussie's have some awesome ones that swing around from side to rear of truck. Smittybilt has a reasonably priced option as well if you do not get to 20.
I like the wing ones that wrap around
1110133953.jpg

If I could find one that not either 4' or 8' I might consider one. I'm really wanting that nice clean 6' length when stored.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
It is 6.5 feet so close to what you want. Cheap and available.

Grimor

Original poster
Mar 28, 2013
I might order one just to see if I like the fit. side poles look a bit light weight

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Depending on how the poles are you may be able to swap them out.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mynamesjeff

Members Online