Transmission suddenly out while driving! No reverse or any drive gears

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Could be an.electrical issue or just bad solenoids. Time to break out the DMM and check continuity and voltages.

Chevyboy3689

Nov 3, 2018
Iowa
Yeah I'm pretty certain is electrical. I've never noticed harsh shifts or slipping and if it was a bad solenoid they would constantly be gone right? I dropped pan and surprisingly it looked pretty good. No metal just a little bit of black sludge and of course it's been raining for the last few days. So it is true when it rains it pours

havoc1999

Oct 13, 2015
Pennsylvania
Did you ever figure out what the problem was? Because I now have the same problem. When I first start it, I can put it in gear and it moves normally. After a short time, (<1 minute) I lose all gears and only hear a "whirring" when I hit the gas. If I shut it off and wait a few minutes it "resets" and the process starts all over again. (2004 Envoy XL, 4x4, 215K miles, but I put a 67k motor and good tranny in about 9 months ago)

havoc1999

Oct 13, 2015
Pennsylvania
I had to have my tranny rebuilt. Also had a transgo shift kit, Manual Valve Position Pressure Switch, Valve body separator plate, Sonnax Pinless Accumulator Piston Kit and corvette servo installed while they were rebuilding it. The transmission guy said with all of the upgrades, it should be bulletproof now. Knocking wood!

havoc1999

Oct 13, 2015
Pennsylvania
Well, 2 years later and I'm on my second cracked flex plate. The only reason I can think of is with the harder shifts from the upgrades in my tranny, especially the corvette servo, the factory flex plates aren't designed for the stress. Be careful when doing these mods as they can lead to unanticipated problems.

mntegra01

Mar 26, 2018
Virginia
Well, 2 years later and I'm on my second cracked flex plate. The only reason I can think of is with the harder shifts from the upgrades in my tranny, especially the corvette servo, the factory flex plates aren't designed for the stress. Be careful when doing these mods as they can lead to unanticipated problems.
Make sure your DOWEL pins are BOTH there. We had it happen at our shop. Kept cracking flex plates

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online