Trailblazer Rear Speaker Suggestions

Kurb

Original poster
May 3, 2014
I am looking for suggestions for rear speakers for a 2006 Trailblazer EXT. I have a stock system (non-Bose) for now, but I might be upgrading in the future. The rear speakers died, so I have a good excuse to upgrade them now.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I am looking for suggestions for rear speakers for a 2006 Trailblazer EXT. I have a stock system (non-Bose) for now, but I might be upgrading in the future. The rear speakers died, so I have a good excuse to upgrade them now.
My dad put a set of 5-1/4 kickers in the rear door. They don't sound bad.

Reactions: Kurb

triz

Apr 22, 2013
Rear speakers just died on mine as well. Replaced them with Pioneer TS-A1675R. They were inexpensive and sound great. What a difference.

coolasice

Oct 27, 2013
Northern Maine
My in laws bought me some 6-1/2" kickers for the rear.. sound horrible, too bassy. My pioneers sound way better.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I can attest to the kickers being bassy. But that's because the front stage speakers have almost no bass at all. Not entirely balanced but for like 45$ not the worst sounding speaker I've heard. If you are looking to upgrade in the future and don't want to replace the rears again look for something much better. I used to reccomend boston acoustics but since they no longer produce any car audio gear... I have no clue what sounds like what.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
This is going to be bias based answers. There's sooooooo many different manufacturers and applications out there that it will just boil down to your budget and what quality type youre after. Me, I'm a Rockford guy. So I have Rockford Fosgate Prime Series 6.5" components in all 4 doors and 2 12" Rockford Punch P3's. Before going Rockford, I had a cheapy $30 dollar set of AutoTek 6.2C's 6 and half inch components that lasted 5 years. My buddy ran JBL in his envoy but he amp'd those so they sounded really good.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I've heard some really good polks. And some really meh polks. The 651s sound nice though. Forgot about them. And the Rockfords I've listened to sound pretty good too. If you end up around 100$ chances are you're going to end up with a decent speaker in my expirence. Is it of reference quality... no. Is it going to be pretty balanced and have good sound reproduction. Probably. The best thing to do is to try to listen to them.

Reactions: Kurb and Matt

Kurb

Original poster
May 3, 2014
My in laws bought me some 6-1/2" kickers for the rear.. sound horrible, too bassy. My pioneers sound way better.

I can attest to the kickers being bassy. But that's because the front stage speakers have almost no bass at all. Not entirely balanced but for like 45$ not the worst sounding speaker I've heard. If you are looking to upgrade in the future and don't want to replace the rears again look for something much better. I used to reccomend boston acoustics but since they no longer produce any car audio gear... I have no clue what sounds like what.

Too bassy? Isn't that like too much fun, or too much money? Haha!

Kurb

Original poster
May 3, 2014
This is going to be bias based answers. There's sooooooo many different manufacturers and applications out there that it will just boil down to your budget and what quality type youre after.

Yeah. Too many choices. I am trying to narrow it down, and I am already getting some great advice. Gotta love this site.

As far as my budget, I am looking for something that sounds great that I can get for as little money as possible. For now, I am trying to stay less then $100, but I am asking the family for speaker money for Christmas, so things could change in the next month. Of course, if I can get a great deal, I might buy something sooner.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Too bassy? Isn't that like too much fun, or too much money? Haha!
No. Like mid bass. Think resonating buzzing like. It's a very unbalanced sound. If the tweeter could be louder it wouldn't be as bad... my buddy has the polk 651s. I wired them into the bose amp, obviously a bit different then your setup, but they sound excellent for what they are.

Reactions: Matt and Kurb

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gdub2306

Members Online