trailblazer pulls to the left

spddmn77

Original poster
Oct 15, 2012
Everytime i brake on the highway my tb pulls to the left, but the minute i press the gas it straightens out. Also when i drive it feels like it's swaying. It's really disturbing especially that i drive m y kids and family around. I replace the upper bushings on the control arms. Any help would be great, nextnto fix asap as this is our only means of tranportation. Thanks in advanced!:mad:

Reactions: GeneralLee01

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
Check your right front brake caliper and see if you can compress the piston with some light force. I would also suspect your right front rubber brake hose and that it may be collapsing on the inside.

Generally when the vehicle pulls to one side when braking, the opposite side brake is heating up and is slightly faded when the brake pedal is applied, thus having more bite on the opposite wheel.

If you change the brake hoses they need to be changed in pairs...ie, both sides. Caliper may need to be rebuilt as well.

Reactions: mrrsm

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
A brake only operating on one side (as suggested by gmcman suggested) will cause the vehicle to pull to the side.

The swaying, however, may be indicating something is broken in the suspension..

I'm going to be very blunt, for the sake of your family have a professional look at the truck.

spddmn77

Original poster
Oct 15, 2012
RayVoy said:
A brake only operating on one side (as suggested by gmcman suggested) will cause the vehicle to pull to the side.

The swaying, however, may be indicating something is broken in the suspension..

I'm going to be very blunt, for the sake of your family have a professional look at the truck.
Planning on doing that today. Just been really busy. Thanks

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I doubt very much you'll hear anything as the OP hasn't been here since 2013.
🧟‍♂️

sandrunner

Mar 6, 2019
San Antonio
Had a similar issue on my Envoy after doing F/R brakes, ball joints, lower control arms, sway bar bushings (F/R), and shocks/struts (busy day). Turns out the lower control arms to the brackets were loose. Easy to check by looking under the truck while someone turns the wheel back and forth. If the bolts are loose or the bushings are bad, you'll see the arm move when the wheel is turned.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online