trailblazer lift?

bluesilverado

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Does anyone know if there is a lift available for the trailblazer style trucks?? mine is actually a buick rainer, would like to lift it a bit any thoughts?

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
Both body and suspension lifts are available. One of our own members (MarkMC) makes a great product, available in 2.5" and 3" lift other suspension lifts are available from BDS, and Rough Country. Body lifts are available from one of our members HighVoltage @ 3" or Zone off road @ 2". Many members are running Marks products and have no complaints

jham

Nov 20, 2011
Me007gold said:
Both body and suspension lifts are available. One of our own members (MarkMC) makes a great product, available in 2.5" and 3" lift other suspension lifts are available from BDS, and Rough Country. Body lifts are available from one of our members HighVoltage @ 3" or Zone off road @ 2". Many members are running Marks products and have no complaints

I completely agree Marks products and his service is 2nd to none try here Home :: THE LIFT MEISTER

mika

Dec 6, 2011
go wth Markmc's producut, easy to install once you get through the rust. Look him up.:wootwoot:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR

snowyredenvoy

Dec 5, 2011
Roadie, This thread states that marks 2.5'' lift cannot hold a (Offroad) Bumper & winch setup or major offroading, Is this true? I wanted to get his lift with The Bumper and winch will this hold? I dont plan on doing some major offroading but, The winch would be nice.....Sorry to hijack... Thanks:hijack::frown:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Looks like that thread needs updating.

Mark has TWO lifts.

One is like SuspensionMAXX and inserts a spacer on top of the coil spring but reuses the OEM upper shock mount. This has been seen to be weak by a few members who had their upper shock rod tear through the rubber. Other aggressive wheelers have had no problems, but some of us think the OEM mount just isn't as good a design as the alternative.

Mark's NEWER kit is analogous but not identical to the BDS design (which came out first) and it replaces the OEM upper mount with a much more robust design where the shock rod can't pull through anything. That design (from either vendor) is the one I'd recommend aiming for if you want to go the winch/bumper route.

snowyredenvoy

Dec 5, 2011
Thank you, hah I just bought moroe reflex shocks for my envoy and want to put a lift on it, figures... Would they top out and make a bad clunking noise over bumps? Cause then I am sofl. And wasted $140.... Or can I use them? Thank you, I really appreciate it! Sorry again about the :hijack:

jham

Nov 20, 2011
snowyredenvoy said:
Thank you, hah I just bought moroe reflex shocks for my envoy and want to put a lift on it, figures... Would they top out and make a bad clunking noise over bumps? Cause then I am sofl. And wasted $140.... Or can I use them? Thank you, I really appreciate it! Sorry again about the :hijack:

Marks kits are designed to be able to use stock struts and shocks. Plus there's no longer struts for the front on our platform

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
If you plan to switch to Z71 springs in the rear you will have to change the shocks.

snowyredenvoy

Dec 5, 2011
I think there to stiff for my liking. I just hear all these threads about people's shocks topping out and them making a clunk.... But i will just leave stock on and try and sell Monroe's i guess then get Longer shocks. Like The skyjackers...

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
snowyredenvoy said:
Also, Roadie your refering to the 'NEWER" kit as the 2.5'' on this page correct?

Lift Shop :: THE LIFT MEISTER

I thought he had a few variations other than 2.5" and 3", for leveling purposes :undecided:

And I assume that those wheel spacers or adapters are $209 for a set of 4, and not $209 each, right?

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
snowyredenvoy said:
I think there to stiff for my liking. I just hear all these threads about people's shocks topping out and them making a clunk.... But i will just leave stock on and try and sell Monroe's i guess then get Longer shocks. Like The skyjackers...

The skyjackers should only be necessary when going to the Z71 springs with the lift. What you aren't realizing is the Z71 springs give an additional 1.5" of lift along with a stiffer ride.

Sparky said:
I thought he had a few variations other than 2.5" and 3", for leveling purposes :undecided:

And I assume that those wheel spacers or adapters are $209 for a set of 4, and not $209 each, right?

Yes the $209 is for a set of 4. It has been confirmed else where.

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
I ordered a 3" suspension lift from Mark back in August to throw on my 02 TB for my brother to take to Montana for the winter. Great product, easy to install (Ive pulled the front suspension apart at least 4 times so I knew exactly what had to be done), and replaces the weak rubber part. Bought a new set of Bilstein HDs for the front, this is my 2nd set up front and I dont plan on pulling it apart again so I figured the extra $120 for new front shocks was worth it.

For the rear, I believe I have 2" spacer pucks under the rear springs. I will warn you, I had to compress (yes, compress) the rear to put the stock replacement Bilstein HDs back on. Needless to say, I didnt go anywhere once I realized this (and because I was waiting for the front shocks to come in), I ordered some Pro Comp ES9000 series shocks that guys on OffroadTB suggested. They are absolutely great, a little stiff, but the proper length so its not stressing the shocks all the time.

Do the 3" lift over the 2", especially if you want to throw extra weight up front and/or if you have high miles like I do (~125k when I installed it). The stock rubber upper mounts were pretty worn, if I wasnt replacing them with the lift I would have bought new rubber mounts.

markmc

Nov 20, 2011
ScarabEpic22 said:
I ordered a 3" suspension lift from Mark back in August to throw on my 02 TB for my brother to take to Montana for the winter. Great product, easy to install (Ive pulled the front suspension apart at least 4 times so I knew exactly what had to be done), and replaces the weak rubber part. Bought a new set of Bilstein HDs for the front, this is my 2nd set up front and I dont plan on pulling it apart again so I figured the extra $120 for new front shocks was worth it.

I ordered some Pro Comp ES9000 series shocks that guys on OffroadTB suggested. They are absolutely great, a little stiff, but the proper length so its not stressing the shocks all the time.

Did you have to order the dust boots separate?
What is the boot part# ?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I believe that once upon a time someone did lift a ranier and it looked good with the rounded wheelwells.

fishsticks

Nov 21, 2011
markmc said:
Did you have to order the dust boots separate?
What is the boot part# ?

I have a set of boots if you need them Mark. They are red if it matters.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I have a neon green set if you perfer.

snowyredenvoy

Dec 5, 2011
Whats the advantages over the 2.5? other than hight? What other parts are needed? Stock lenght shocks would be out of question temporarly? Does this put alot more stress on other parts of the truck vs the 2.5? well its a half inch so most likely not.Thanks:undecided:

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
snowyredenvoy said:
Whats the advantages over the 2.5? other than hight? What other parts are needed? Stock lenght shocks would be out of question temporarly? Does this put alot more stress on other parts of the truck vs the 2.5? well its a half inch so most likely not.Thanks:undecided:

The 3" kit replaces the upper strut mount which is a weak point. It is a more robust design.

snowyredenvoy

Dec 5, 2011
Danget, you people got me!:crazy: Lets not get any higher lmao. Looks like thats the best way to go. Just with very moderate offroading... I will be rolling around with a pretty big voy lol. Biggest I will ever see!:biggrin: Another reason to park next to a voy haha, Also how will it effect my upper and lower control arms? Could this casue significant damage in long run? Whats the side effects? Sorry for all The questions. Damn neewbiesss lmao

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
snowyredenvoy said:
Danget, you people got me!:crazy: Lets not get any higher lmao. Looks like thats the best way to go. Just with very moderate offroading... I will be rolling around with a pretty big voy lol. Biggest I will ever see!:biggrin: Another reason to park next to a voy haha, Also how will it effect my upper and lower control arms? Could this casue significant damage in long run? Whats the side effects? Sorry for all The questions. Damn neewbiesss lmao

As with any mods like this, you'll tend to wear things faster than if you stayed at stock height. But significant damage? No, not unless you abuse it or push too far.

Lower control arms aren't a problem IIRC, but the upper can give you a bad ball joint angle. Since there is no aftermarket part available to correct for this (last I checked), the solution appears to be flip the sides and upside down (driver side on passenger side, upside down, and vise versa). It helps relieve the ball joint angle. I would recommend loading the suspension to find the neutral zone before cranking down the UCA bolts, just so that the bushings aren't constantly under pressure when the vehicle is at rest. Same with the lower bushings, if you can. They'll last longer that way.

What I'm not sure on is if the alignment specs change any when you do this, but I do know you WILL want an alignment after the lift.

I'd love to see an aftermarket UCA become available that totally takes care of the ball joint issue. That, or extended spindle arms. Neither seem very likely to happen however.

For me, I suspect I'd go with the 2.5" lift - I've never gone offroading (yet), and if I do it wouldn't be heavy offroading so I doubt I'd be tearing anything up. The lower price of the 2.5" kit appeals to me a bit more :biggrin: But we'll see when that time comes.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
snowyredenvoy said:

Come park next to me when your done, I dare ya! :raspberry:

2011-10-29150119.jpg

Where is Michigan are you? I am an hour south of South Bend, if you want some experienced help I am more then available and always willing to help get another truck a little further off the ground!

fishsticks

Nov 21, 2011
Sparky said:
What I'm not sure on is if the alignment specs change any when you do this, but I do know you WILL want an alignment after the lift.

You are correct. The UCA flip causes a positive camber condition.

I need to get that writeup over here as well, don't I?

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
fishsticks said:

Yes, yes you do :yes:

I wonder how many shops can figure out how to do an alignment properly on a lifted GMT360.

fishsticks

Nov 21, 2011
Trailblazers, but a good comparison of what you're looking at...

P1080031.jpg

Left: (Me) 4ish inches suspension lift, 3" body lift, 35's.
Middle: Mark's lift, 32s
Right: Stock

(More pics in the Northwest Forum)

fishsticks

Nov 21, 2011
Sparky said:

I wonder how many shops can figure out how to do an alignment properly on a lifted GMT360.

It's actually not too hard. I align the truck myself now in the garage.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
snowyredenvoy said:

It will change the geometry slightly, you will need to get an alignment afterwards. You may have some extra wear on the components. Side effects? That will depend on you. It has been know to cause you to want to actually take it off-road and use it. Caution it may cause nausea and altitude sickness. You will want to get taller tires. You will actually have to climb up into the truck. :cool:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
How'd you get a 4 inch lift on yours? I thought 3 inches was the max you could go without binding front CVs?

fishsticks

Nov 21, 2011
Sparky said:
How'd you get a 4 inch lift on yours? I thought 3 inches was the max you could go without binding front CVs?

I have extended shock mounts and 88 springs as well. I did a lot of testing and was the one to find the limit that our CVs will take. I actually have about 4.5" of front lift, but it's easier to say 4".

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
fishsticks said:

Why yes you do. :yes:

Sparky said:

The shop I go to does a great job. When I bring it in the guys asks me what changes I made or I had was just rough on it on the trails. Firestone's lifetime alignment is the way to go.

fishsticks

Nov 21, 2011
djthumper said:
Why yes you do. :yes:

The shop I go to does a great job. When I bring it in the guys asks me what changes I made or I had was just rough on it on the trails. Firestone's lifetime alignment is the way to go.

The last alignment I had done was at a Firestone. They aligned it with a bent inner tie rod. :dunce:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
fishsticks said:
The last alignment I had done was at a Firestone. They aligned it with a bent inner tie rod. :dunce:

I guess I am lucky. My guy is an off-roader and likes the look on the TB.

snowyredenvoy

Dec 5, 2011
About 35 mins south of Detroit haha. Thanks btw. If I ever end up over there I'll let you know lol.Lmao i would be scared to park next to you! haha:rotfl:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danfromutah

Members Online