4617355312_93fa57b8f1.jpg

4616741711_4606448506.jpg

4617355552_5f3727fa4e.jpg

4617355862_2f8312a39e.jpg

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
jrSS said:
NO top?? Hmmm.. that's gay

Ha Ha Ha :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: thats funny! It doesn't have door handles either:raspberry: it would be a problem for a smoker :undecided: how do I get in :rotfl::rotfl: .....ha ha ha!

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Code Red said:
Saw this on another site.
It's even been discussed on THIS site within the month. :biggrin:
I'm guessing some of you may have seen it before
About every couple of months for five years, I think. It's constantly rediscovered, in this case because the most recent victim/owner wants to sell it.

For some odd reason, the owners never discover trailvoy or GMTN, the sites talking about them.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
It'd be a pain to wash the damn thing. Stupid idea...it'd be ok if it had a top....but not my cup of tea. :no: :no:

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
I actually think its pretty sweet. Of course this is determined on your location, it is in Vegas a place that does not receive extreme amounts of rainfall. It is different and I actually wanted a K5 with the removable top to go beach cruising.

That said, I highly doubt the frame was reinforced properly to account for half of the material that provides strength to the vehicle. It is a huge undertaking to remove that much chassis and not expect problems in the future. Would I own it? For the right price maybe.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
My impression is that it's not even a competent mall cruiser, but good only for parades where the back seats contain various second-rate entertainers, grade-B film stars, disgraced local politicians, and beauty pageant runners-up whose talent consisted of speed-coding C++ algorithms. None of those groups are going to be invited to be in the lead parade limos, so the convertible Trailblazer will have to do. :frown:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
blazinlow89 said:
I actually think its pretty sweet. Of course this is determined on your location, it is in Vegas a place that does not receive extreme amounts of rainfall. It is different and I actually wanted a K5 with the removable top to go beach cruising.

That said, I highly doubt the frame was reinforced properly to account for half of the material that provides strength to the vehicle. It is a huge undertaking to remove that much chassis and not expect problems in the future. Would I own it? For the right price maybe.

Remember these are BOF vehicles not unibody, so this has no effect on the frame at all.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Not disagreeing with you there. Novel idea, but still bad. Reminds me a little bit of a stretched PT cruiser convertible, aka bathtub. The white color doesn't help :rotfl:

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Sparky said:
Remember these are BOF vehicles not unibody, so this has no effect on the frame at all.

True, keep in mind though that the frame and the body are separate, so when you remove a key structural component of the body it will weaken. Did the builder take to proper steps to reinforce the door jambs, what about the space in between which now has no structure to keep it together. Unibody or BOF, the body of the vehicle still plays in the structural rigidity of the vehicle. MAin reason for extra bracing with a sunroof, not only for weight but you have a 2-4 sq ft area missing from the roof this invites twisting, warping and other things that do not bode well for metal.

I think I seen the PT. Now I wonder if it was to be made water proof would it be like one of those Hummer stretch limos with the hot tub in the back.

Two things I notice. One the lift gate is welded so that would help some with rigidity, but not enough to compensate for the entire roof. Two, I bet people in the back seat, that is if this thing does do high way speed, really take a beating from wind.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
I would drive it.

Not far, and not fast, but I would drive it.

Wex

Dec 4, 2011
Doesnt the second row seatbelts attach to the C pillar. I bet if it was a GM prototype, it would be electronically limited to 35 Mph or less and titled to never be driven on public roadways. It most likely was totaled roll over saved from a junk yard.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I would cage it, armor it, lift it, and wheel the shit out of it. Be a great toy.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
I would cage it, armor it, lift it, and wheel the shit out of it. Be a great toy.

I have to agree, I think that truck lifted with a roll cage would look pretty bad ass!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online