Torque android obd2

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
Just got the obd2 dongle in the mail so far i dig it. Its bluetooth wireless haven't had time yet to play with all the gauges in the android torque app. Ill report back shortly

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
Alright its the real deal. Works very well. Saved a lot of $$ going this route then the scangaugeII.

Pretty accurate slight delay only because my dongle is the ELM327
However the delay is not enough to complain about. :biggrin:

willn513

Dec 4, 2011
Are there any apps out there like Torque for iPhone users? Can't seem to find any...

dfc739

Jul 29, 2012
Des Moines, IA
Ghost said:
Just got the obd2 dongle in the mail so far i dig it. Its bluetooth wireless haven't had time yet to play with all the gauges in the android torque app. Ill report back shortly

That's weird/funny, I got my ELM327 dongle yesterday. I got the BAFX one from amazon. I installed Torque lite and really like it so far. The only problem I've had is when I tried to change kilometers to miles and celsius to fahrenheit, it froze and subsequently closed Torque any time I tried to restart it. I uninstalled and reinstalled Torque with no problems (except the metric units). Hey, it's free though so can't complain. The problem might also be my phone. I've read about some problems with Evo 4g phones... I might take it on a longer drive tonight to see how well my thermostat is holding engine temperature.

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
dfc739 said:
That's weird/funny, I got my ELM327 dongle yesterday. I got the BAFX one from amazon. I installed Torque lite and really like it so far. The only problem I've had is when I tried to change kilometers to miles and celsius to fahrenheit, it froze and subsequently closed Torque any time I tried to restart it. I uninstalled and reinstalled Torque with no problems (except the metric units). Hey, it's free though so can't complain. The problem might also be my phone. I've read about some problems with Evo 4g phones... I might take it on a longer drive tonight to see how well my thermostat is holding engine temperature.

I dislike the free torque. So just bought it for $4.99 i like it and also lots of free themes even a trailblazer theme haha !! :thumbup:
The lagging is because i had something else running. I have the same dongle u got from Amazon :biggrin:
I have a droid x

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
willn513 said:
Are there any apps out there like Torque for iPhone users? Can't seem to find any...
......must ........ control ........ snarky ......comeback ........ :rotfl:

tblazerdude

Dec 4, 2011
Dashcommand for iphone doesn't list transmission temp according to the site. Does Torque? I want one that shows me Trasmission temp, as well as other things. Scanguage II seems like my only option. stupid iphone.

NewfieEnvoy

Jan 25, 2012
I use Rev and a KiwiWifi on the iPhone but no trans temp. Other than that I love it, price was a bit to swallow up front.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Ghost said:
I dislike the free torque. So just bought it for $4.99 i like it and also lots of free themes even a trailblazer theme haha !! :thumbup:
The lagging is because i had something else running. I have the same dongle u got from Amazon :biggrin:
I have a droid x

I think the phone may contain your lag problem, not trying to insult or anything. I have been trying to help a friend with his X2, rooted romed etc, ran great. Few months go by and it starts running like crap. Makes it funnier that the guys with non rooted/romed x-2 had the same problem. Moto stopped updating so bugs started getting nasty.

On a side note I like my free copy of torque.

the roadie said:
......must ........ control ........ snarky ......comeback ........ :rotfl:

Wish I could like this 100 times.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
tblazerdude said:
Dashcommand for iphone doesn't list transmission temp according to the site. Does Torque? I want one that shows me Trasmission temp, as well as other things. Scanguage II seems like my only option. stupid iphone.

Torque does display trans temp. :biggrin:

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
Matt said:
Torque does display trans temp. :biggrin:

It does. I dont know how to use it tho need time to sit and read or watch videos how to use it.

Speaking of which anyone have the gear rpm ratios from 1st to 5th for a 03 tb ext 4.3L ?

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
AtlWrk said:
GM 4L60-E transmission - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

3.059:1

1.625:1

1.000:1

0.696:1

R
2.29:1

(there is no 5th :wink:)

Hmm learn something new everyday i didn't know there was no 5th haha

on Torque PRO there is two options for Transmission temp method 1 and method 2 neither work? unless i am supposed to be driving? Another complaint is i cant get MPG to calculate? it just sits saying 02 sensor. disappointing more than likely im not setting it up right

AtlWrk

Dec 6, 2011
Ghost said:
Hmm learn something new everyday i didn't know there was no 5th haha

on Torque PRO there is two options for Transmission temp method 1 and method 2 neither work? unless i am supposed to be driving? Another complaint is i cant get MPG to calculate? it just sits saying 02 sensor. disappointing more than likely im not setting it up right

Add the GM predefined set.
Settings>Manage extra PIDs/Sensors>(menu)Add predefined set>Pontiac/Gm/Opel/Vauxhall

This will add another 2 trans temp PIDs: GM Method 1 and GM Method 2.

One of those should work.

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
AtlWrk said:
Settings>Manage extra PIDs/Sensors>(menu)Add predefined set>Pontiac/Gm/Opel/Vauxhall

Thanks my droid x is having issues with the SD card so i have to use my Motorola xoom tablet until i can.pick up a new sd card. Torque dislikes a faulty sd card which has been giving me faulse readings.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Your 2004 doesn't have a MAF so proper mpg estimates may not be available.

Envoyer

Oct 17, 2012
I love this app. I purchased the pro version after testing the free one. I use my Samsung 10.1 Tablet. It has great response time and with the proper PIDs you can get all kinds of information. Since I tow a lot it is nice to know trans and oil temp. I use a modified phone cradle to hold the tablet for easy viewing while driving.

:thumbsup:

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
AtlWrk said:

Ok i clicked that there is like a hundred different choices. Knock retard
Injector pulse width etc etc

NewfieEnvoy

Jan 25, 2012
TorqueDash.jpg

My new dash! lol Just received my OBD2 Bluetooth adapter yesterday and threw my Tab7+ running torque on the gauge cluster to try it out. Torque is best 5 bucks I've ever spent, wow. I also have a Kiwi Wifi that I use with my iPhone so I have some comparisons to make.

Kiwi Wifi - $150 VS Clone ODB2 BT $19
Other than the method of connection I see no difference in up date rate. The Kiwi has a cable to the dongle which is annoying but it does have an on/off switch which is nice. The BT is low profile, forget its there, but no off switch so it has to be removed when not in use.

Torque ($5) VS REV ($40)
Price is obvious. Initial startup, REV is easier to use for the first couple minutes until you find your way around Torque. REV is customizable but very limited. Torque will pretty much let you customize every aspect, look & feel to adding custom PID's. After using REV for a year I am amazed at how limited it is compared to Torque.

For anyone that's interested here's the BT OBD2 adapter I bought, no issues. I buy a lot of stuff from DX.com and have never had a problem.
OBDII Bluetooth Car Diagnostic Cable - Black + Blue + Orange (DC 12V) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

FYI - there will be a Kiwi Wifi for sale on Ebay before the week is over :biggrin:

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
NewfieEnvoy said:
TorqueDash.jpg

My new dash! lol Just received my OBD2 Bluetooth adapter yesterday and threw my Tab7+ running torque on the gauge cluster to try it out. Torque is best 5 bucks I've ever spent, wow. I also have a Kiwi Wifi that I use with my iPhone so I have some comparisons to make.

Kiwi Wifi - $150 VS Clone ODB2 BT $19
Other than the method of connection I see no difference in up date rate. The Kiwi has a cable to the dongle which is annoying but it does have an on/off switch which is nice. The BT is low profile, forget its there, but no off switch so it has to be removed when not in use.

Torque ($5) VS REV ($40)
Price is obvious. Initial startup, REV is easier to use for the first couple minutes until you find your way around Torque. REV is customizable but very limited. Torque will pretty much let you customize every aspect, look & feel to adding custom PID's. After using REV for a year I am amazed at how limited it is compared to Torque.

For anyone that's interested here's the BT OBD2 adapter I bought, no issues. I buy a lot of stuff from DX.com and have never had a problem.
OBDII Bluetooth Car Diagnostic Cable - Black + Blue + Orange (DC 12V) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

FYI - there will be a Kiwi Wifi for sale on Ebay before the week is over :biggrin:

My adapter was $26± from amazon got it in 3 days. Dealextreme is a great site but can't comment on there shipping speed yet. My adapter has no on or off either i leave it plugged in 24/7. I wouldn't waste $150 on the brand name adapter just my 2¢. The app is amazing isn't it ?? Btw nice gauge setup bro !

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memoremix

Members Online