Toning down the TB a bit... local parts available/wanted soon.

fishsticks

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
After vetting the Toyota this weekend, I've decided to bring the TB back down to earth a bit. I really need it to get some better scores in the MPG department. Not going back to stock, but definitely less than where I'm at.

Everything listed is also for sale (make offers) but I'm REALLY looking for local trade options as I'm missing some of my stock parts. Local trades can be done at my place (we can swap parts in my garage).

I am looking to:

-Trade my 35s for some 33s in approximately the same condition (80%ish). MTs or ATs. Mine are 35x12.5x17 Treadwright Guard Dogs (MTs) on BFG KM2 carcasses. I have 4 of of these and a matching BFG AT spare. I'm keeping my wheels. We can work out mounting. Note that to run these and not rub when flexed you will need to cut a little of the front fender (not much) and may want to purchase the rear control arms listed below.

-GR Fab 1" longer rear control arm set (4). These have the rod end option on the frame side and will make your rear end all sorts of flexy. They are WAAAY beefier than the stock control arms. They will push the rear tires back about 1" as well which keeps 35s from rubbing the fronts of the fenders wells while flexed. I am selling these outright at $275 firm. I won't sell these until I have made a deal on my tires. I will install them for you if you are local.

-I'll be removing my Rough Country 2" front spacers and SuspensionMaxx 2" rear spacers. I'll sell these for $100 (plus shipping). I have 88 front and Z71 rear springs as well but plan on keeping them on the truck for now. I also have some extra top shims for the front (like Mark's old kit).

-I am looking to buy a stock front bumper steel reinforcement. (The one that goes under the plastic). I'm also looking to sell/trade my tube winch bumper. The bumper is designed for a 3" body lift but I'm pretty sure it could be modded to work on a non-body lift rig. It attaches to the frame in the stock mounting locations. It has light mounting tabs and recovery hooks. Welds are good and strong, this bumper has been USED and has held up fine. The winch and lights are going to the Toyota. I'd trade the tube bumper for a stock steel reinforcement and $50. (Less than half of what I have in just materials into it).

-The body lift is staying for the forseeable future as I have things welded to the truck and don't yet feel like cutting them off. This might change if I can get everything else traded/sold. I'd really like this to be a local deal as we can trade rear bumper/hitches (saves us both A LOT of work). Offering to buy my rock sliders as well would help motivate me. :smile:

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Damn, it's a shame that we are so far apart. I would consider the tire swap if it wouldn't be such a huge issue. :sadcry:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Sad to see it go down:frown:

But I am sure the new rig is bit more reliable when you stab the go pedal offroad.

fishsticks

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
Sad to see it go down:frown:

But I am sure the new rig is bit more reliable when you stab the go pedal offroad.

That Yota is easy-mode compared to wheeling the TB. Low on both transfer cases and put it in third. It just doesn't stop. The TB is still way more utilitarian though and I plan to keep it for a long time. Just need a bit less lift and tire for my new mission. I'm actually kind of anxious to see how a body lift only rig does. I may start down the expo road with it.

Dibs have been called on the control arms from ORTB. Post up here if you still want them. If that deal falls through, I'll go down the list in order of posting time.

High Voltage

Nov 18, 2011
Had to post this! :biggrin:
Totally understand! Love the TOY!

[video=youtube;J7N81H8KF9c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7N81H8KF9c[/video]

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online