To the Mods....

Badbart

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Regarding the "Happy Holidays" logo at the top of the page....can we have a Merry Christmas logo for those of us that believe in Christ? Or would that offend someone?

havie22

Dec 4, 2011
I dont mind!

jham

Nov 20, 2011
Badbart said:
Regarding the "Happy Holidays" logo at the top of the page....can we have a Merry Christmas logo for those of us that believe in Christ? Or would that offend someone?

I think they would like to but in the world of political correctness it would be asking for trouble IMO

I would not mind it though

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
jham said:
I think they would like to but in the world of political correctness it would be asking for trouble IMO

If you knew me personally, you would know that I say will "Merry Christmas" to everyone... if you don't like it, too bad, because "I" celebrate Christmas. However, when in a professional environment, I choose to keep it PC so fewer people could be potentially offended.

Personally, I think these "Merry Christmas" and "Under God" controversies are a crock. It is people that can't just shut up and be happy. If you don't want to say it, DON'T, but don't you DARE try to stop me from saying it if I so choose!! :hissyfit:

See folks... that's how easy it is to start a controversial political, religious, or racial tangent.

You are all entitled to say whatever you want here, within reason and good taste, without fear of being called out by the staff. Sooner or later, some topic will pop up that will get shut down or edited due to the violent nature in which members react to some discussions, but we really hope to avoid that.

Anyway... Merry Christmas!!

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
NAVIDAD.gif

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
Jman423 said:
No habla the spanish!

Don't you live in Florida? It should be your second language :biggrin:

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
07 TB RIDER said:
Don't you live in Florida? It should be your second language :biggrin:

Don't let him kid you.... its pretty much his first language! :raspberry:

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
Ghoster said:
Don't let him kid you.... its pretty much his first language! :raspberry:

:rotfl:

Dec 4, 2011
Badbart said:

:iagree::iagree::iagree: Not to offend anyone, but even my Jewish friends wish me a Merry Christmas. And by the way Merry Christmas and a most Happy New Year to all

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Merry Christmas!

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Personally I think anyone that gets offended at someone wishing them a merry christmas is a little :weird: Of all things to get offended over in this world it seems a rather bizarre thing :blinkhuh:

But knowing that there are crazy people like that I guess I can see why they opted for the generic "happy holidays" and it doesn't bother me too much I suppose.

But anyway, Merry Christmas everyone. Where has the time gone, it is only a few days away :eek: Really hoping FedEx delivers on the 22nd as promised :ugh:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Happy Christmahanakwansaka!

Merry Christmas Everyone

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
I'm an atheist, but not one of the Bible hating, don't say god or put a cross anywhere I can see it atheist. I realize that we live in a mostly christian society, and in fact I celebrate Christmas, but it's more of a celebration of family and friends to me (most of them are christian, practicing on not).

Soooo.........

naughtyclaus2.jpg

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
See the problem isn't offending the Jews. They are just fine with Chrismas. It is the non Jews that we didn't have to deal with 20 years back that are the problem. I also don't have an issue with athiests however insisting that nativity scenes be removed is a problem for me. We are sadly what used to be a christian country and a few of us still remember how it is supposed to be. Most of the European countries are a disaster with their push to diversity and the resulting trouble. The backlash has caused them each to lose their identity. We need a huge shake up to right the ship or we will follow much of Europe and Greece. Say what you will about the millions and millions and millions of illegal Mexican aliens but at least they are Roman Catholic. Now someone please tell me a Polish joke.

Badbart

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
It seems we are missing some post....

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I do not miss them. Some things are better unsaid and unseen

IslandRunner

Dec 4, 2011
If MERRY CHRISTMAS offends anyone then their Holidays must suck, Mine rocks so I don't care what every other religion is doing but I hope they are having fun.

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
I do not miss them. Some things are better unsaid and unseen

I saw them. Some made me laugh, some made me :crazy:

MichEnvoyGuy

Dec 3, 2011
You folks can say your greetings any way you want as far as Im concerned - I wont get offended whichever way you choose to express it. I dont come here for cutesie greetings! :tongue:
With that being said, this Christmas/Holiday season, please do not forget to buy a gift for your T36x :wooot:

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
MichEnvoyGuy said:
You folks can say your greetings any way you want as far as Im concerned - I wont get offended whichever way you choose to express it. I dont come here for cutesie greetings! :tongue:

With that being said, this Christmas/Holiday season, please do not forget to buy a gift for your T360 :wooot:

I don't have a T360.

My pic was meant to try to lighten the thread up a little, topics like this can get way to serous at times.

MichEnvoyGuy

Dec 3, 2011
Short Bus said:
I don't have a T360.

My pic was meant to try to lighten the thread up a little, topics like this can get way to serous at times.

There, fixed :tongue:

Well it did in fact lighten it up, it made it feel like a very long ride on a very short bus....hehe. j/k. Ok I better get back to bed, Im slappy happy :crazy

Badbart

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
I'm just tired of seeing people being afraid of "offending" someone and not standing up for something they supposedly believe in.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
In my business, I get a lot of gift baskets and Christmas cards this time of year. Only one actually said "Merry Christmas". They all say Happy Holidays, Seasons Greetings or are really generic and have a list of bank holidays and a calendar.

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
Jkust said:
In my business, I get a lot of gift baskets and Christmas cards this time of year. Only one actually said "Merry Christmas". They all say Happy Holidays, Seasons Greetings or are really generic and have a list of bank holidays and a calendar.

I sent out a couple of baskets this year. It seemed like the majority of the ones to choose from were Happy Holidays or Seasons Greetings. Seems like corporations are going to make us politically correct whether we want to or not.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
Ghoster said:
I sent out a couple of baskets this year. It seemed like the majority of the ones to choose from were Happy Holidays or Seasons Greetings. Seems like corporations are going to make us politically correct whether we want to or not.

Yes definitly. And the left still complains about corporations...

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
Now that this is taken care of can a staff member tell me why sometimes the smilies don't work? :undecided:

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
Ghoster said:
I sent out a couple of baskets this year.

Whatcha send me? :biggrin:

Shabba

Dec 1, 2011
It occurs to me that if freedom of speech offends you, you shouldn't be driving a Chevy truck.

Probably the Saab owners *nods*

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Remember everyone, even though this is an American based site...it is on the World Wide Web. There are going to be members here from all over. Not all of them will have the same beliefs that we do. I think that the goal here is to make everyone feel welcome. :grouphug:

I don't believe the intent of having "Happy Holidays" as opposed to "Merry Christmas" is so much not to offend, as it is to not have members feel alienated. There is a difference. :twocents:

Shabba said:
It occurs to me that if freedom of speech offends you, you shouldn't be driving a Chevy truck.
Chevy trucks are driven in parts of the world where there is no freedom of speech. :undecided:

jham

Nov 20, 2011
BO TIE SS said:
Remember everyone, even though this is an American based site...it is on the World Wide Web. There are going to be members here from all over. Not all of them will have the same beliefs that we do. I think that the goal here is to make everyone feel welcome. :grouphug:

I don't believe the intent of having "Happy Holidays" as opposed to "Merry Christmas" is so much not to offend, as it is to not have members feel alienated. There is a difference. :twocents:

Chevy trucks are driven in parts of the world where there is no freedom of speech. :undecided:

very well said :thumbsup:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
07ChevyTruck said:
Now that this is taken care of can a staff member tell me why sometimes the smilies don't work? :undecided:

Because they are lazy?

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
djthumper said:
Because they are lazy?

I don't think so. This site is new and there is still a lot of work to be done. :thumbsup:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
07ChevyTruck said:
I don't think so.
Nah, the SMILIES get lazy sometimes. They moonlight around the holidays as elves, and Santa works their little butts off hard all night. When they're on duty here during the day, sometimes they nod off. It's the price we pay for the tiny amount we feed 'em. It will get better next week, as soon as they shake off their hangovers. View attachment 17424

Attachments

• th_Smiley_Beer.jpg
    th_Smiley_Beer.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 61

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
the roadie said:
Nah, the SMILIES get lazy sometimes. They moonlight around the holidays as elves, and Santa works their little butts off hard all night. When they're on duty here during the day, sometimes they nod off. It's the price we pay for the tiny amount we feed 'em. It will get better next week, as soon as they shake off their hangovers. View attachment 1965

Thank you. :Lager Louts:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
See, roadie knew who I meant was being lazy.

I know how long the site has been here since I joined up before the big exodus. :wink:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cunra731

Members Online

No members online now.