tis2000 in 2023?

lsxautumn

Original poster
Nov 10, 2022
Denver, CO, USA
Hello,

I have been trying for a long time to get a working setup with tis2000 using a VM with my vcxnano. I've tried windows xp sp3 and windows 7 32 bit with no luck. I can get it to where it wants the vin but from that point it will freeze out the whole vm and it fails badly. On winxp sp3 I can't even find the drivers for the nano. I am assuming it's something with my setup involving the nano itself. Ever since they switched to Techline connect I can't get my sps2 subscription to work properly either. This site is about the only resource I've found so far that has any useful info on this topic, yet a lot of links are gone now, same with videos. I also plan to buy an obdxpro tool here in the next week or so because I repair instrument clusters for a living and my nano doesn't work too well with the new IPC hammer software that's a game change for GM Clusters. Don't know if anyone here's messed with them.

Anyway I'd appreciate any up to date info about this. I greatly appreciate all the info on this forum.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
You won't be able to use Techline with aTech 2 since it hasn't worked since the switchover. I would imagine they won't since it is like almost 30 years old.

As for Tis2000, check the pinned posts in the Tech 2 section. There are a couple of threads including one to make it work in a VM.

lsxautumn

Original poster
Nov 10, 2022
Denver, CO, USA
You won't be able to use Techline with aTech 2 since it hasn't worked since the switchover. I would imagine they won't since it is like almost 30 years old.

As for Tis2000, check the pinned posts in the Tech 2 section. There are a couple of threads including one to make it work in a VM.
I made a new windows 7 ultimate 32 bit VM installed tis2000 and the dongle crack, looked like it wasn't going to work again. Then I went into device manager changed the bit rate to 115200. Clicked advanced settings, unchecked "ignore the USB device serial number" and checked Enabling the serial port enumerator (serenum) and it successfully reprogrammed first try with a vcx nano. You guys are awesome for sharing so much information. I ordered an obdxpro GT today, wondering if it will work with tis2000 as well.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Hope he checks in. He hasn't logged on since those posts.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online