Tinted Headlights

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
utenaba4.jpg

B4
3aze5eny.jpg

jpleasant

May 4, 2012
My tail-lights always come out not looking like its crack, but my headlights are good it looks caked on there. I wonder if there is a way to fix them without removing the tint.

Attachments

• image (2).jpg
    image (2).jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 9

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Mine are smoked and I like them, keeps away police also since the brake lights are seen way easier than someone darker

this is 2 coats but my 2 coats can be different then yours or someone else so ima say its a "medium" tint like 30% window tint almost, can see red easily up close but far away look black

IMG_0445.jpg

IMG_0448.jpg

IMG_0442.jpg

jpleasant

May 4, 2012
Those look great mine don't have that shine to them. Next time I do them what do you suggest I do. Should I not wet sand them after the tint is put on? And what gloss and wax should I use?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 6

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
How in the fu*k can you see out of those headlights? Even with HID's the light output wouldn't suck. The tails are super dark also.

jeffro312

Oct 4, 2012
East Haven,Ct
But it looks bad ass doesn't it hehe I had a quick idea of making my Rainiers headlights chrome. But I love my visibility would t want to impair it

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
It looks okay but I do not think the Five O would like it. Good luck to you on not getting fix it tickets.

jpleasant

May 4, 2012
Yea it looks nice during the day but at night I'm blind as a bat. I jus want them smoked like jrSS's tail lights. They actually will prob not be that dark, like I said I'm going to do two(2) very light coats and gloss it like crazy. So should I not wet sand them at the end?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
jpleasant said:
Yea it looks nice during the day but at night I'm blind as a bat.
Hate to say I would mock something like that as exhibiting shallow thinking. Just asking for police attention, or worse - being named in a lawsuit in case ANYBODY gets injured in any incident involving a vehicle modified like that. Don't even drive it at night until you back out of the existing condition.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
I sanded and everything in btween coats....since I dont have a buffer ....my last coat I sprayed one HEAVY ass coat of clear and did NOT sand.

jpleasant

May 4, 2012
Ha yea nothing like that happen around me. I'd rather have them lighter, but right now that's as good as yet are going to get. Me getting pulled over or in a wreck is the LEAST of my worries. It will get removed and done right even if I have to take them all back to factory. I just need to know how to get that shine.

jeffro312

Oct 4, 2012
East Haven,Ct
so your more worried about getting them to shine and be glossy then accidently killing a family of four because they couldnt see you comin....

buy new headlights dude

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
jrSS said:
I sanded and everything in btween coats....since I dont have a buffer ....my last coat I sprayed one HEAVY ass coat of clear and did NOT sand.

You don't need a buffer, I buffed my old tinted tails by hand with a rag and polishing compound. They looked hazy until I waxed them, then they looked like this

0709121617a.jpg

jpleasant

May 4, 2012
What you think? I rarely drive at night and its not that bad to were I can't see anybody. Lets get serious guys. I'm trying to get them fixed.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
jpleasant said:
What you think? I rarely drive at night and its not that bad to were I can't see anybody. Lets get serious guys. I'm trying to get them fixed.

Use brake cleaner to strip the tint off.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Start from scratch...by new and have the taken apart and paint the insides. That'd be your best bet. Smitty5150 does this as a vendor on this site. He does an awesome job. Pm him.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zenkick

Members Online