Timbren

asautt

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Since we will be towing a boat with the TB I just got a set of Timbren SES. Anybody using them? If you installed them yourself did you have any problems gettting the old bump stops off?

Thanks
Alan

recondrill

Jan 8, 2012
I installed a pair a few years ago, they work great. Installation was nearly impossible. I ended up taking the TB in to a "official" seller of Timbrens and paid to have them installed. They even asked if I was sure if I had the right set (which I did). I think they used Pledge to lube up the ends of the Timbrens to aid in sliding them in place.

Good Luck!

asautt

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
I'm glad to see that you are happy with the Timbrens.

I think I'll ask the electricians at work for some of their wire pulling juice...
or maybe there's some KY laying around the house somewhere :undecided:

Alan

greggraves

Mar 30, 2014
I bought some of these but I cannot get them to go into the cup. Soapy water, 2 jacks, 2 blocks of wood ... won't go in. Any ideas? The local Timbren-listed shop won't touch my Trailblazer, they only do semi's.

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Just a thought: Clean out and smooth the inside of the cups. Line up the bumpers, get the jack in place, saturate the rubber with brake cleaner and jack fast. The brake cleaner makes the rubber slippery but evaporates fast.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online