Throttle Body

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
CLEAN IT REGULARLY

Please sticky this...

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
How do I clean it? Can I just take off the air box and then spray it down with the power washer? :raspberry:

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Regulator said:
How do I clean it? Can I just take off the air box and then spray it down with the power washer? :raspberry:

You definitely can, but others may want to avoid the power washer.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Regulator said:

I don't see why not :rotfl:

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
:rotfl:

So who is making the article with all the pics and info to explain HOW and WHEN to clean the throttle body?

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Ghoster said:
:rotfl:

So who is making the article with all the pics and info to explain HOW and WHEN to clean the throttle body?

Are we able to grab pictures from TV to make that article? If so I can put it together really quick doing that lol

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
Are we able to grab pictures from TV to make that article? If so I can put it together really quick doing that lol

The TV article pics are marked, so no, you can't. If it was that simple I would be doing it!!:biggrin:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Ghoster said:
The TV article pics are marked, so no, you can't. If it was that simple I would be doing it!!:biggrin:

That is what I figured but thought I would ask

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
jham said:
I am planning on doing mine tomorrow when I install my spacer so I can do this

Don't be shy on pictures lol

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
jham said:
ok i wont be and but i will never top you as a picture whore lol

No biggie, We have other picture whores on here :rotfl: lol

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
jham said:
I am planning on doing mine tomorrow when I install my spacer so I can do this

Please don't make me lose respect for you by telling me your adding a Throttle Body Spacer? There is absolutely no documented benefit!

jham

Nov 20, 2011
Regulator said:
Please don't make me lose respect for you by telling me your adding a Throttle Body Spacer? There is absolutely no documented benefit!

i thought about it I got it for free. well I would hate to lose your respect so I wont add it

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
jham said:
i thought about it I got it for free. well I would hate to lose your respect so I wont add it

Post it up on Craigslist and make 20 bucks, there will be no benefit at all to adding it to your truck!

I would still suggest cleaning your throttle body though if you haven't in a while.

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
For free...I might run it. It least to try it personally. Please do take several pics. Should make for a good resource. If you don't get to it I can do mine since it needs done.

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
the roadie said:
There's a hint in there that the previous victim of the throttle body spacer ripoff mafia couldn't accept money from you. Unless you got it given to you as a gift by somebody who did zero research. :confused:

You would be amazed at the perfectly good and functional items I give away for free. If I cant use it and you need it, there is a good chance you get it for free, but that does not mean I ripped you off. Perfectly functioning spare tire setup and the spare tire and rim...I gave them away, doesnt make them any less valuable to someone else, but to me they were junk.:biggrin:

If someone gave me one, I would try it:yes:

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
...If I cant use it and you need it, there is a good chance you get it for free... :biggrin:

I am going to remember this the next round of upgrades I get off of you. :raspberry:

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
I did give you that spare tire stuff first... The upgrades are a little different as they are still needed for use or funding the next upgrade:raspberry:

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
I took pics of my throttle body cleaning from last Friday, was going to make a thread this weekend but if you have it covered then I'll look at making a thread for another process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
jham said:

i had one on my 03 ext (before i discovered the other site)
there was not any noticable difference from before it was put on.
so did one of these :bonk: and chalked it up to lesson learned.

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
07 TB RIDER said:
I took pics of my throttle body cleaning from last Friday, was going to make a thread this weekend but if you have it covered then I'll look at making a thread for another process.

Extra pics can't hurt. May help someone looking to a different angle on the picture or something. Post all ya can!

v7guy

Dec 4, 2011
one of our members did a pretty good video

[video=youtube;VdvgsaDmkac]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdvgsaDmkac[/video]

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
v7guy said:
one of our members did a pretty good video

[video=youtube;VdvgsaDmkac]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdvgsaDmkac[/video]

That's Drew, MAY03LT. He's got a lot of good how to videos on his channel.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online