Thinking of DIY'ing an Efan kit, am I missing anything?

JimHTP

Original poster
Jul 30, 2012
Accidentally posted this in fullsize forum. I emailed ADMIN asking to move it. Please delete the post in the fullsize forum, NOT this one.

Derale Performance Deluxe Adjustable Controllers with Pipe Threaded Probes 16749 - SummitRacing.com

Dual fan temperature control...

I6 Trailblazer DIY LS1 Dual Fan Conversion kit

PCM for less dual LS1 e-fan kit

And of course 98-06 cam/fbird e fans + custom tune ( installing cai and cat back too)

various wires, solder, heat shrink and crimp containers...

Should come to

$43 controller
$139 wiring harness
$75-100 efans

Considering this is a savings of $100 over the PCM4less plug and play and should cool even better it seems like a great idea. But i'm no EE and I'm not sure I've got everything I need. Can some more experienced electric fan DIyers help me out?

JimHTP

Original poster
Jul 30, 2012
Not sure if anyone cares but I spoke with Kelly at PCM4LESS and checked around to compare amperage and it looks like this very inexpensive $40 dollar controller should work just fine.

jaguarjoe

Nov 22, 2012
With 2 fans, will you use 2 controllers?

I don't see the value in that $$ harness. Looks like it could be easily hand crafted.

When I put a Lincoln 2 speed fan in my old Jeep, I used circuit breakers on the power side because the high speed winding drew 136 amps at start up.

JimHTP

Original poster
Jul 30, 2012
It does seem pricey, but I have no clue how to build a harness to interface with an e-fan at all, so I don't have too many options.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keithdm

Members Online