ThinkDiag Scan tool

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Something I just saw on the Caprice forum and thought I would share here since we are also scan tool dependent. This one is almost as powerful as the Tech 2 but has a few limitations. Unknown if it will allow you to program modules. It is subscription based which is not my personal favourite but it's still cheaper than high dollar tools.

Reactions: xavierny25

TJBaker57

Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
Something I just saw on the Caprice forum and thought I would share here since we are also scan tool dependent. This one is almost as powerful as the Tech 2 but has a few limitations. Unknown if it will allow you to program modules. It is subscription based which is not my personal favourite but it's still cheaper than high dollar tools.

I was just looking over their offerings yesterday!

Not a potential buyer, but trying to keep up with the offerings.

Reactions: mrrsm

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Well, got my answer about using it as a passthrough.
Mooseman wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:06 am
One question, does it have the capability to program the software on modules? For example, if I replace a module, can it be used as a passthrough for ACDelco TDS?
The ThinkDiag is not a J2534 pass through device. It only connects over Bluetooth with the ThinkDiag app (iOS) or ThinkDiag+ app (Android).

• Sad
Reactions: mrrsm and Reprise

Martyelzz4

Jan 3, 2013
Sprague, WA
Only a 60 day warranty on the obd 2 Thinkdiag.. top 2 pins pulled out to far after a year so would cost another $(US) to replace it. Tech Support use to be great but now pretty much worthless as you never get the same person. Google does not recognize AT&T android phone tablet as a valid device thus cannot update to new software. (I wanted a full 10" screen for my 74 year old eyes) They will not make any provisions for not being able to get software from the Play Store. I'm going to take the Thinkdiag apart and see if I can fix it. But basically their Tech Support is worthless...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online