They owned their cars for years. Now Ontario police say they're stolen property

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

pell

Jun 5, 2017
Pelham, NH
So you're telling me; classic cars are being stolen, then resold for tens of thousands of dollars. Purchased by law abiding citizens with hard earned money, and the best law-in-forcement does in threaten the buyers with processing stolen property? These are classic autos, you cant tell me in these days that a stolen '39 ford was reported then one was registered? Even a 8 year old would question it. These are not $50 used lawn mowers. Plus the government had to be watching these huge cash transactions making sure they got their taxes. Even the TV show from the 50's "Highway Patrol" had a Hot sheet.

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
If the police does find the stolen cars, they have no choice to take them as they are stolen. However, what I think should have happened is that they should have been declared unrecoverable and let either the insurance pay them out, or let the lot owner sue the thieving partner although likely would not get anything. Or it's the lot owner that's just wants to be a dick and pushing to get the cars back but he is the legal owner. Is the MOT responsible because they let stolen vehicles get registered? Not likely as they were not reported stolen at the time. it's just a stupid situation. And why it took YEARS for the lot owner to find the VINs and have then reported stolen. Just sounds fishy.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hologram

Members Online