The Quitting Smoking Thread

meerschm

Aug 26, 2012
One more thing to add is that I remember from my quit smoking class (25 years ago) that the health effects of not smoking is similar to loosing 40 pounds.

Good to keep in mind if a few extra pounds come during the holidays and from less smoke related stress on the body (after you quit) or you indulge being able to actually taste food.

keep it up and enjoy a long and healthy life

Merry Christmas!

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Quit smoking 8+ years ago. Once in a great while I enjoy a nice cigar.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
1991 for me. Pack a day and I had started at the age of 10 (yeah, I know). Didn't stunt my growth though.

What pisses.me off is both my younger boys are smoking even though neither of us smoke (wife never smoked). Dunno if we should keep pestering them (my wife is good at that) or just leave them alone until they come around on their own.

ddgm

May 7, 2013
That was my biggest reason to quit. I have a daughter and a son and they both smoke. My wife never smoked cigarettes either.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
We both quit about 30 years ago to try and deter our boys (it worked, neither smoke as adults).
Have to fess tho, on a trip to Colorado in spring I did hit the pipe on my birthday ...no tobacco was injured.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online