tech 2win

daddyscaddy05

Original poster
Mar 25, 2019
South Carolina
Has anyone used the tech2win and what's it all about,,, I own 2 05 cadillac sts and want to do more stuff inside that computers radio's and other stuff.. what i read you can't really change nothing with the tech2 but if u have the tech 2 win your suppose to be able to to, dunno if its true or not... and how much is the tech 2 win really couldn't find a price.. I got the jap clone tech 2 and i went in to reprogram the computer and it said i didnt have autherization to use th sps

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
For the 05, you can use the included Tis2000 with the Tech 2 to update modules and do security related stuff. Lots of info here on how to set it up and use it.

From what I can tell, Tech 2 Win is a Tech 2 emulator program to use with other diagnostic links like the VXDiag.

daddyscaddy05

Original poster
Mar 25, 2019
South Carolina
ok so basically the computer laptop version of the tech 2

how many cd's are suppose to be with the tech 2 cuz i only have one that i got with my clone

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
If the "GYMKO" Tech 2 Kit you purchased was of the Bosch Vetronix flavor... then it should have Two CDs with the Gear: (1) The TIS2000 Computer Installation Disk (2) The PDF Instructional Documents. ACDelco maintains and TECH2WIN Web Page that allows you to purchase Individual Accounts for Individual Vehicles at a set price per time period. The Bosch TIS2000 Instructional Documents can be downloaded using the Links provided in @Mooseman's "Sticky-ed" Prior Posts... and while you are at it... Saving ALL that are available to a Folder will allow you to sort of "Read Ahead..." and get better grounded on your Gear ...if any basic questions come to mind.

To enjoy the ACDelco TIS2WEB features, you would have to visit the Link below and Set Up An Account and pay the fee(s) and then follow the Instructions in this Video to access and use various Automotive Computer Diagnostic Hardware and then perform Updates and PASS-THRU activities depending upon which GM Quality Scanner you are using. In your case... The Laptop Installed TIS2000 and related connection equipment in your Tech 2 Kit would allow you to use the TECH2WIN arrangement to work as a PASS-THRU Device. This Instructional Video will help to improve your understanding:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
There should be a link to the Tis2000 install CD somewhere in this section.

daddyscaddy05

Original poster
Mar 25, 2019
South Carolina
ok thank you guys I am sorry if i repost I tried to look up other threads about this and for some reason i can never find them don't know if i am no wording it right or what but u have no idea how much help it is for the info you guys share and give and this I thank you allot

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
This is where to begin to get familiar with your "GYMKO" Tech 2 Hand Held Scanner...So...DOWNLOAD-SAVE -AND-READ-THIS-MANUAL-OFTEN:

...and use the Links and Videos posted here for more in-depth instructions. Keep in mind that before you "freelance" with performing ANY of the tasks with this Very Technical Device...Knowledge is Power...and watching others actually using the Tech 2 will prompt you to KNOW WHAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO DO.... BEFORE YOU DO IT:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

daddyscaddy05

Original poster
Mar 25, 2019
South Carolina
thats what i am tryin to get done I know when you use the sps on a caddy u can go in and program individual stuff like the nav,voice commands the vcim all that stuff but u have to have a laptop in order to do it... well two of them I have uses the old prong hard drives and the other is a cloudbook and we all know how useful them things are lol

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area

daddyscaddy05

Original poster
Mar 25, 2019
South Carolina
ok i know there is prob a thread for this and for some reason my searchin skill's suck on threads,,,, with a tech 2 can you change things on vehicles... like transmission shit points speed cut out voltage of sensors disable stuff or is that another can of worms that I would have to open?

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Have a look at any of @Mooseman 's Threads or Posts...and in the Bottom Signature Line... there are Links to Show you How to Download the GM OEM Complete Digital Service Manual for your particular vehicle. Save that File to your Hard Drive and after you figure out how to Navigate through the Index... visit the section on the 4L60E Transmission and search for information on How to Adjust Shift Points using the Tech 2. It may only appear under the topic of Diagnostic Repair Charts which usually accompany investigating problems, rather than for any deliberate 'Tinkering" with Engine and Transmission Parameters. The same idea applies with How to Turn Sensors On and Off.

The "GYMKO" Tech 2 Kit is NOT a 'Tinker Toy'...and approaching what you want to do in any cavalier manner will only cause you Head-Aches. The use of this Tool for experimentation can produce unintended consequences that may include permanently damaging your Vehicle. You are going to have to 'Burn Through' some amount of Intellectual Energy in order to Better Learn and Use the "GYMKO" Tech 2 Tool Kit... rather than imagining issues that do not presently present you with any actual problems that require immediate solutions. When you narrow things down to actual specifics... the likelihood that some additional help will rise to each occasion will improve. The less hypothetical you are in presenting these issues for 'hand holding' you through each one... the better.

"When The Student is Ready... The Teacher Emerges..." Confucius

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
The Tech 2 or SPS will not allow you to change things like shift points and so on that are not available in normal OEM programming. You can't even disable the rev or speed limiters. Only way you can do that is through a tune with something like HPTuners.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Some Questions....

(1) Do you have the Laptop Computer hooked up to communicate with the Tech2 Hand Held Scanner at the RJ-45 Connector on the Left Center side S/S Port using the Silver, Flat 4 Pair Twisted Serial Communications Cable... and then connected to the RJ-45 to DB-9 Serial Port Adapter...and NOT plugged into the RJ-45 Ethernet Port of the Laptop Computer? NEVER plug that cable into an RJ-45 Ethernet Port on the Laptop... it is strictly meant for Serial Communications with the Tech 2.

(2) Did you Cold Boot the Laptop Computer first ... with the USB "Hawk" plugged in (HWK = Hard Ware Key AKA... Dongle) already plugged in and ready to authorize the SPS Connection as a Validation Key Device?

Last edited:

daddyscaddy05

Original poster
Mar 25, 2019
South Carolina
yes i have it all downloaded right i can use the tech 2 through the computer. but when i go to srs it says access denid and i don't know why unless the disk that I got with the clone is not any good,, you don't need the cd in to run the srs do ya?

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Visit this link... and read carefully through each and every step to see if you missed setting up anything in your Laptop Hardware (Devices) for any glaring issues. If you did anything different than what you read in these instructions... you may have to uninstall the TIS2000 suite entirely and start a fresh installation ....very carefully... from scratch.

When you say that you can " ...use the tech 2 through the computer..." exactly what do you mean by that?
After the complete and proper installation of the TIS2000 SW... You should not require having the TIS2000 Installation CD inserted and active in the Disk Drive to get SPS (...not srs) to work.

daddyscaddy05

Original poster
Mar 25, 2019
South Carolina
Some Questions....

(1) Do have the Laptop Computer hooked up to communicate with the Tech2 Hand Held Scanner at the RJ-45 45 Connector on the Left Center side using the Silver, Flat 4 Pair Twisted Serial Communications Cable... and then connected to the RJ-45 DB-8 Serial Port Adapter...and NOT plugged into the RJ-45 Ethernet Port of the Laptop Computer? NEVER plug that cable into an RJ-45 Ethernet Port on the Laptop... it is strictly meant for Serial Communications with the Tech 2.

(2) Did you Cold Boot the Laptop Computer first ... with the USB "Hawk" plugged in (HWK = Hard Ware Key AKA... Dongle) already plugged in and ready to authorize the SPS Connection as a Validation Key Device?
I don't have the hawk dongle i have a regular usb serial dongle... I downloaded the crack that moose had put on his thread and i can't figure out what i am doin wrong with it,, II am at a loss

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
You may have put your finger on the problem. The two "Dongles" may be in conflict with one another if you installed "The Software Crack" first...and then added in the "USB Dongle" afterwards. If it were me... I would start all over again with the slight inconvenience of flushing the first installation of the TIS2000 on the Windows Laptop and stick with using the USB Dongle for the next re-installation of the TIS2000 Software Suite.

Others may disagree... but having had no trouble during these procedures I covered in fine detail and with imagery over in my "GYMKO" thread... I can only recommend what has worked perfectly in my own experience. By the way... The USB "HWK" (Hard Ware Key) and the USB "Dongle"... are one and the same thing.

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
More than likely, you can't use the crack and the dongle at the same time.

Did you read the "read me.txt"? I know it's a bit in Engrish but it tells you what to do and which files to replace.

daddyscaddy05

Original poster
Mar 25, 2019
South Carolina
More than likely, you can't use the crack and the dongle at the same time.

Did you read the "read me.txt"? I know it's a bit in Engrish but it tells you what to do and which files to replace.
[/QUOTE
I go to open it and it says error I have a cheep dongle that i bought the usb to serial. I am hoping i don't have to buy the one for the tech 2

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Reactions: mrrsm

daddyscaddy05

Original poster
Mar 25, 2019
South Carolina
I want to thank you mooseman and mrrsrm for the help and the info,, I got that key to work last nite.. I took my time and reread and reread.. I think i was just so frustrated the last couple of days with buyin a laptop so I could run tis2000 and having to fix it before i could even use it. as i had to replace the screen do to it gettin wet and having mold in it... but i can get into my sps now,,, so thanks again for all the info and help

gigiore

Jun 12, 2019
Romania
I have an MDI and I installed 2 different Tech2Win versions but when I try to connect to the car I get the message "No communication with ECU"
The MDI manager detects the MDI and I can connect to it.
Also the Tech2Win detects the MDI, but doesn't communicate with the car.
The MDI I think is ok because I can use it with GDS2 and TIS with no issues.
Does anybody know if Tech2Win has special requirements regarding Windows version (XP/7 32bits or 64bits)?
Any other ideas I should try?

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Have look at this Link ...perhaps what is written here can help you with your Set Up. In my experiences with Windows Applications...whenever Two Versions of ANY application are installed... their Drivers and .DLLs can often conflict with each other...regardless of which version you choose to use at any given time. I'm suggesting that you UNINSTALL BOTH VERSIONS and then decide which of the two versions you trust the most...and go with that flavor.

The Link below covers the issues of Windows 32 Bit vs. 64 Bit Operating Systems for this type of device and while these may not be exactly like your particular MDI Device... the suggested adjustments or disabling of certain laptop Windows controlled devices using the Device Manager just may do the Trick:

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
How To Set Up a TIS2WEB (TIS2000) for use with a “Generic Pass ThruDevice:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online