teaser question

jham

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
I am going to be ordering alot of parts for a project need a little help should I get 3.8 to 1 ratio or 4.3 to 1? I know there's not alot to work with here but the people that know what they are talking about will understand I hope don't wanna give all my secrets out :raspberry:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
If you're talking about changing from the stock ratio on that item from the normal 2.7-to-1, don't bother. I have been thwarted on trails 100 times for lack of ground clearance or traction. Never thwarted for lack of raw torque.

jham

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
the roadie said:
If you're talking about changing from the stock ratio on that item from the normal 2.7-to-1, don't bother. I have been thwarted on trails 100 times for lack of ground clearance or traction. Never thwarted for lack of raw torque.

So 3.0 to 1 might be a better option for adding that part that I don't have

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Seems that the people in the know are really down on the ultra-low everyone used to go with. Many say a 3:1 is about the best if you have good axle gearing for your 1:1.

I got some ideas of where this is going and think i really like it....

jham

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
Seems that the people in the know are really down on the ultra-low everyone used to go with. Many say a 3:1 is about the best if you have good axle gearing for your 1:1.

I got some ideas of where this is going and think i really like it....

I figured you would like where this is heading

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Im just glad to see you are still alive. I was almost positive you either sold the tb or you were dead.

jham

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
STLtrailbSS said:
Im just glad to see you are still alive. I was almost positive you either sold the tb or you were dead.

I would have to be dead for my tb to get sold lol been working tons

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memoremix

Members Online