tb leather seat cover replacement / heated seat repair

KEEBZ489

Original poster
Jan 16, 2018
Howard Beach NY
i have a 2005 tb , brake fluid leaked on the front passenger seat and ate the dye. i cleaned it a dozen times and conditioned it , but no luck. the black dye rubs off meaning someone has to sit on a towel.

i found replacements on ebay for $165 way to expensive i found this on amazon , says its for a silverado but looks like exactly the same pattern. would it work ?

also while i have it apart i was gonna do replace the heated seat pads. the oem / dorman is expensive , has anyone swapped in the generic kit to the factory wiring ?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I fixed mine by grabbing the element from the passenger side at the pick-n-pull yard. Dirt cheap. Do not pass the element under the metal rod at the thighs which is where it usually breaks.

And I doubt very much the Silverado seat covers will work, they are bigger. I'd also scour the yards for one but they will usually be thrashed.

Something to do at the same time, grab the seat foam bottom from the passenger side when you grab the element. It can be modified to fit on the driver side and is usually not as flattened as the driver side if yours has gone flat.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
IIRC the full size seats are bigger than a 360.

They are.
(figured I'd confirm, since I have both)
The seat forms are different shapes, as well.

Reactions: Matt and Mooseman

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Have another look at these vendors for a Trailblazer Specific Leather Cushion Cover...

Having done a complete Gray Leather Seat replacement on my Y2K Indigo Blue Silverado 1500... I can concur with @Matt that mixing & matching could be a problem between the 360s vs the 800 series.

Make sure that you "Pack a Lunch" before you attempt to swap the covers Off and On any GM Vehicle... THIS Link will thoroughly explain WHY it is NOT a "Facile, Trivial Pursuit":

Last edited:
Reactions: Matt and azswiss

azswiss

May 23, 2021
Tempe, AZ
Make sure that you "Pack a Lunch" before you attempt to swap the covers Off and On any GM Vehicle...
Nice write up. This project is quickly moving to the top of the list (driver's side) for the fall/winter season.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrrsm

Mektek

May 2, 2017
FL
I partially removed the seat cover and cut pieces of foam from an old seat and glued them to the areas where the foam had collapsed. This restored the correct shape once I replaced the cover.
Probably any relatively rigid foam will do if you don't have an old donor seat.

Reactions: christo829 and Matt

KEEBZ489

Original poster
Jan 16, 2018
Howard Beach NY
Have another look at these vendors for a Trailblazer Specific Leather Cushion Cover...

Having done a complete Gray Leather Seat replacement on my Y2K Indigo Blue Silverado 1500... I can concur with @Matt that mixing & matching could be a problem between the 360s vs the 800 series.

Make sure that you "Pack a Lunch" before you attempt to swap the covers Off and On any GM Vehicle... THIS Link will thoroughly explain WHY it is NOT a "Facile, Trivial Pursuit":

yeah , i seen those and it looks like the only option. only sucks because i cant find anyone that makes the backrest cover , only bottoms. i would do everything so it all matched

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Last edited:

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area

KEEBZ489

Original poster
Jan 16, 2018
Howard Beach NY
Yeah. All those are nice , but I paid $3000 for the truck ! If it was an SS and lower milage I would put all new , I’m just looking for a cheap leather replacement.

Reactions: mrrsm

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Unfortunately... the words "Leather" and "Cheap" seldom appear together ...as synonyms.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06_4.2_4x4_ls

Members Online