Tax Refund

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Jkust said:
What do you all do for a living that you actually get a refund????

Work in a minimum wage job, with kids and a mortgage...but fill out the W2 or whatever it is to pay the maximum tax each pay. Then with filing differently, we get money back.

But, to be honest, I would prefer to earn enough to have to pay every year than get a deduction.

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
My itty bitty refund will pay the remaining bill on this little kitchen remodel project I am working on. Yes I am remodeling a 5 year old kitchen and NO I do NOT want to talk about it.:hissyfit:

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
Matt said:
But, to be honest, I would prefer to earn enough to have to pay every year than get a deduction.

Yes I preferred it to so worked my ever loving ass off to get there. Taking into account the risk, forgoing all luxuries and just standard things for many years and insane work it took to get here, you wouldn't feel that way. If however, I was gifted in some way a high paying job but didn't have to do anything to get it, I suppose I wouldn't mind simply giving more money to the black hole government. And again keeping it apolitical, I wouldn't mind getting a tune on my 9-7 if I got a refund.

MichEnvoyGuy

Dec 3, 2011
Badbart said:
Refund!? What's that?

+1

I havent received a refund since I was 18...lol. Last year, I owed the feds $3800. And thats just last years - you dont want to know what I owed when I cashed in a big chunk of shares to buy a boat about 5 years before that!! :frown:

I blame it on making some bucks on the stock market, had to pay capital gains, etc.. I claim 0 dependants and pay tax on every earning I make. Im in a tax bracket where it makes me hate life, but the feds do sure love me :eek:

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Paying the gov't money sucks. When I went thru my divorce I took out all my 401k and payed laywers fees and bills we had together, and got nailed on taxes. I owed like $6000 all together. Had a lean against my truck, takin money outta my check. Just sucks. Never wanna go thru that again.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06_4.2_4x4_ls