tahoe hybrid wheels and tires

00brado

Registered Member
Original poster
Jun 6, 2012
42
can some wone photoshop some thaoe hybrid wheels on my truck plz im thinking of getting some.


View attachment 21273
 

Attachments

  • 035.jpg
    035.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 54

HARDTRAILZ

Moderator
Nov 18, 2011
49,661
Never knew they had a 1SS 6.0 Half ton back in 2000...
 

00brado

Registered Member
Original poster
Jun 6, 2012
42
Mine would be considered as a 1ss if there would be one.
 

HARDTRAILZ

Moderator
Nov 18, 2011
49,661
00brado said:
Mine would be considered as a 1ss if there would be one.

Does it have a 6.0L? My research shows it was not an option for a 2000 regular cab.
 

00brado

Registered Member
Original poster
Jun 6, 2012
42
I hate to bust your bouble mr smarty pants but there was some built in 200 like 87 of them and Thay had or have a small block 400 like mine does. There rare like a regency edition was built in 2004 that are a rear breed. But I don't need to twist my young with you. Call it what you want. Here is my rims I want.
View attachment 21293
 

Attachments

  • 5593152073_b7557a97ee.jpg
    5593152073_b7557a97ee.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 248

HARDTRAILZ

Moderator
Nov 18, 2011
49,661
00brado said:
I hate to bust your bouble (bubble) smarty pants but there was some built in 200 (I think you mean 2000) like 87 of them and Thay(they) had or have a small block 400 like mine does.

Can you please share some pics of this motor in there? Would be cool to see such a rare setup. The 6.0L are beasts, esp when I drove the one of first 3/4 tons they came in. It was a reg cab long bed, but was fun to play with in open parking lots!

00brado said:
There rare like a regency edition was built in 2004 that are a rear (rare) breed. But I don't need to twist my young with you. Call it what you want.
Regency editions were built by a place in TX, but could be ordered through a dealership. Only came with the 4.8 and Motor Trend was not real impressed with the performance. They did look good with the red on black.

00brado said:
Here is my rims I want.
Not my cup of tea, I like these better...
untitled-2.jpg


if you are trying to stay with a stock GM wheel.
 

Bartonmd

Hobbyist
Nov 20, 2011
545
00brado said:
I hate to bust your bouble mr smarty pants but there was some built in 200 like 87 of them and Thay had or have a small block 400 like mine does. There rare like a regency edition was built in 2004 that are a rear breed. But I don't need to twist my young with you. Call it what you want. Here is my rims I want.
View attachment 7407

You have a 6.6L? The 6.0 is 364ci...

I'd also like to see this!

Mike
 

00brado

Registered Member
Original poster
Jun 6, 2012
42
There's a regency turbo that goes to the car show here ill get pics next time I see it and post them. But as soon as it stops raining ill get some pics and list them also.
 

00brado

Registered Member
Original poster
Jun 6, 2012
42

Attachments

  • IMAG0145.jpg
    IMAG0145.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 18

Bartonmd

Hobbyist
Nov 20, 2011
545
So... The question remains... It's some custom build 400 small block, or it's a 6.0L (364ci)?

Also, is it the all aluminum Caddy/SS/Max 6.0, or is it that they took the iron block 2000 truck 6.0 and put it in there?

Mike
 

00brado

Registered Member
Original poster
Jun 6, 2012
42
Looks to me to be a alumnium block but i found that it does have the 6.0L stamp on it
 

Bartonmd

Hobbyist
Nov 20, 2011
545
00brado said:
Looks to me to be a alumnium block but i found that it does have the 6.0L stamp on it


Wiki says the 6.0 in 1999 and 2000 were cast iron heads, and aluminum heads in 2001+, but since the aluminum block 6.0 didn't come out until 2001 (as a 2002 model Caddy) (and when the SS was introduced in 2003) I'm going to guess it's an all cast iron 3.78" bore 300hp/360ft-lb 3/4 ton truck engine.

Mike
 

HARDTRAILZ

Moderator
Nov 18, 2011
49,661
Bartonmd said:
Wiki says the 6.0 in 1999 and 2000 were cast iron heads, and aluminum heads in 2001+, but since the aluminum block 6.0 didn't come out until 2001 (as a 2002 model Caddy) (and when the SS was introduced in 2003) I'm going to guess it's an all cast iron 3.78" bore 300hp/360ft-lb 3/4 ton truck engine.

Mike

Wiki also says that reg cabs did not have 6.0, but it may be the one of 11ish aluminum 6.0 reg cab 1500's built in 2000....
 

Bartonmd

Hobbyist
Nov 20, 2011
545
Depending on where it says 6.0 (block, heads, intake?), it may be that somebody put a 6.0 intake on a 5.3L (which did have aluminum heads in 2000), and passed it off as a 6.0L...

Mike
 

00brado

Registered Member
Original poster
Jun 6, 2012
42
Well I'm sorry but Wikipedia didn't climb under my truck an scrape the block to find out the material of it to let you know. You asked I looked an I told what it is. That's the problem with buying used stuff. You don't know what you have. I'm just going buy what I see.
 

Bartonmd

Hobbyist
Nov 20, 2011
545
00brado said:
Well I'm sorry but Wikipedia didn't climb under my truck an scrape the block to find out the material of it to let you know. You asked I looked an I told what it is. That's the problem with buying used stuff. You don't know what you have. I'm just going buy what I see.

If you had to scrape anything off of it, it was likely steel (ETA: Sorry, I thought you were saying you scraped off something to see the 6.0L casting. Nevermind)... But then again, I thought you were saying you bought this new, and it was made by Renency, or something? If you bought it used, somebody probably blew up the 4.8 that came in that truck, and put a 6.0 out of a junkyard in it, later... If it's all aluminum, could be an SS/Max 345 horse 6.0L (ETA: out of a wrecked 2003+).

Mike
 

HARDTRAILZ

Moderator
Nov 18, 2011
49,661
You may want to keep it or return it to stock since a factory 6.0 1500 is prolly a collectors piece. There are people on here that can run the vin number and see if it is a factory 6.0 truck.
 

00brado

Registered Member
Original poster
Jun 6, 2012
42
Ok my vin has t in it which says its a 5.3 but the block has 6.0 l stamp on it. And I scraped the side of the block to find out if its iron or aluminum and its alumnium.
 

Bartonmd

Hobbyist
Nov 20, 2011
545
00brado said:
Ok my vin has t in it which says its a 5.3 but the block has 6.0 l stamp on it. And I scraped the side of the block to find out if its iron or aluminum and its alumnium.

Yeah, somebody stuck a junkyard 6.0 out of an escalade/SS/Max in it after they blew up the stock 5.3L, then. Cool, at least you've got the 6.0, one way or the other!

Mike
 

00brado

Registered Member
Original poster
Jun 6, 2012
42
At first I was sceptical but now that I see what beauty we have created I'm buying them tomarrow. Verry good job done thanks agane.:thumbsup:
 

TollKeeper

Guru
Dec 3, 2011
6,891
Brighton, CO
I like that look alot. Its a nice look, without being Ghetto..
 

00brado

Registered Member
Original poster
Jun 6, 2012
42
TollKeeper said:
I like that look alot. Its a nice look, without being Ghetto..

its borderline ghetto but really i dont think i have seen any thing likt it. i like the rims becouse there rally type, not aftermarket and light as hell being there designed for the gm larg suv hybrid's. so i think it will be agood match for my truck and what im shooting for.
 

Bartonmd

Hobbyist
Nov 20, 2011
545
Big 'rims' aren't "ghetto" any more, anyway... 80% of the big wheels you see on SUVs are driven by middle aged men, or soccer moms. If you live in the suburbs and own a full size truck or SUV, you're issued them (along with Frampton Comes Alive LPs).

Mike
 

mike_k

Registered Member
Dec 5, 2011
242
Bartonmd said:
Big 'rims' aren't "ghetto" any more, anyway... 80% of the big wheels you see on SUVs are driven by middle aged men, or soccer moms. If you live in the suburbs and own a full size truck or SUV, you're issued them (along with Frampton Comes Alive LPs).

Mike

depends on how big though, the soccer moms usually have 20's and the ghetto ones usually have 24"+ around here
 

TollKeeper

Guru
Dec 3, 2011
6,891
Brighton, CO
Anything over 20" is ghetto, and for me, thats even pushing it... I dont like anything over 18 really.
 

HARDTRAILZ

Moderator
Nov 18, 2011
49,661
Some model suv's come only with 20's stock. You cant hardly find a new one without at least 17's.

It is about style and ratio to me. s-10 with 20's looks too big, but a suburban with 20's it seems to fit.
 

00brado

Registered Member
Original poster
Jun 6, 2012
42
I could go weeks with out seeing any kind of custom ride. But my parrents just crashed there 12' Yukon Denali so I got there wheels for the mean time. I'll post pics later. And yes these r 20's
 

HARDTRAILZ

Moderator
Nov 18, 2011
49,661
00brado said:
I could go weeks with out seeing any kind of custom ride. But my parrents just crashed there 12' Yukon Denali so I got there wheels for the mean time. I'll post pics later. And yes these r 20's

I cant leave my subdivision without seeing custom rides.

How long do you get their wheels for?
 

00brado

Registered Member
Original poster
Jun 6, 2012
42
HARDTRAILZ said:
I cant leave my subdivision without seeing custom rides.

How long do you get their wheels for?


For good there denali it totaled
 

HARDTRAILZ

Moderator
Nov 18, 2011
49,661
00brado said:
For good there denali it totaled

You just put your rims on there for insurance to take it?
 

00brado

Registered Member
Original poster
Jun 6, 2012
42
No there's it totaled and dad bought it back for cheep so he could get the ls6 for a project. And I got the rims.
 

HARDTRAILZ

Moderator
Nov 18, 2011
49,661
00brado said:
No there's it totaled and dad bought it back for cheep so he could get the ls6 for a project. And I got the rims.

Nice. Sucks they wrecked, but got you hooked up!
 

Forum Statistics

Threads
22,103
Posts
621,887
Members
16,626
Latest member
katcarrnh

Members Online

Members Online

Members Online