Suggestion: Reviews Section

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
How about a section to post reviews of vendors, products, dealers as well as sellers and buyers from our classifieds. People asking what bearing hubs are good or bad, suspension parts, shocks, etc. would be useful for them to find such information. Also, people selling and buying here we can post their experiences with dealings in the classifieds, which would help in keeping people in line I would think. Seen that in a snowmobiling site I used to frequent. This could be a contentious issue so no biggie if we don't adopt that but reviews of everything else would be good.

We should have a sticky on the posting format, which would be similar to most online retailers:

Title: Name of product/dealer/retailer/seller/buyer being reviewed

Number of stars: 0-5
Pros: strengths of the thing being reviewed
Cons: weaknesses of the thing being reviewed
Summary: short description and reasoning for the review

Full review: Complete story of the thing being reviewed and circumstances

WarGawd

Sep 2, 2012
Mooseman said:
How about a section to post reviews of vendors, products, dealers as well as sellers and buyers from our classifieds.

<snip>

Title: Name of product/dealer/retailer/seller/buyer being reviewed

Number of stars: 0-5
Pros: strengths of the thing being reviewed
Cons: weaknesses of the thing being reviewed
Summary: short description and reasoning for the review

Full review: Complete story of the thing being reviewed and circumstances

Seems like a useful idea to me. Maybe even consider adding another header for relevant part number and possible equivalent part numbers from other suppliers?

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
WarGawd said:
Seems like a useful idea to me. Maybe even consider adding another header for relevant part number and possible equivalent part numbers from other suppliers?

I'm not too sure about that. Maybe if you actually used those other parts, which can be reviewed in a separate post and post a link to the other review. For example, I got a bad set of Raybestos wheel hubs that I replaced with Timkens so I would put links in each of the reviews to the other review. Putting the part number of the one being reviewed should definitely be included.

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Just bumping this to see if there is any more interest?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online