Stock radio lights up but turns off immediately?

drkhead

Original poster
Jun 26, 2012
2007 Envoy SLE.

Had to revert back to stock radio (CD player - non-bose). Plugged in everything fine, but the unit will not stay on.

I can press buttons and get the clock to display, but it disappears within 5 secs and goes "off" again. Cannot activate radio at all.

Is this some type of factory lock on the radio?

Any ideas would be very helpful. Thank you!

drkhead

Original poster
Jun 26, 2012
Just an FYI

This is the same car same vin that this particular radio came out of.

Black LT

Dec 4, 2011
Did you use an adapter for the aftermarket radio?
If so, you just had to unplug it and plug the stock radio in - and now this?
If that's the case, not sure what/why.

I would pull the radio fuse for a while and replace. See if it resets something! It worked for me once - no radio - couldn't turn it on - pulled the fuse to check it - put it back in and alls been well since.

Did you have an aftermarket amp and stuff also?

drkhead

Original poster
Jun 26, 2012
Black LT said:
Did you use an adapter for the aftermarket radio?
If so, you just had to unplug it and plug the stock radio in - and now this?
If that's the case, not sure what/why.

I would pull the radio fuse for a while and replace. See if it resets something! It worked for me once - no radio - couldn't turn it on - pulled the fuse to check it - put it back in and alls been well since.

Did you have an aftermarket amp and stuff also?

Yeah, it's very strange!

I had all aftermarket, but had to bring the ride into the dealership and reverted entirely back to stock; so no amp, no sub, just plugging the original wiring back into the unit.

I suppose it could be dead, but I do get power to the unit. Just weird.

You don't suppose that flashing my PCM with a tune could have caused the stereo to go into factory lock? (since I've last used this stereo, I have upgraded to CAI, e-fan and tuned for both with deleted fan code).

Black LT

Dec 4, 2011
Did you do the work? Just asking to be sure there's no wires just unhooked at one end and not taped/capped that may be shorting out.
Did you try pulling the fuse?
I think there's 2 connectors at the radio. Pull the radio again and unhook them, make sure the pins are OK. Hook it up and try it before reinstalling - wiggle connectors.

:undecided:

I don't remember, but I read a post or two on locked radio's - I think they said something (maybe 'locked') - they didn't just act weird.

drkhead

Original poster
Jun 26, 2012
Black LT said:
Did you do the work? Just asking to be sure there's no wires just unhooked at one end and not taped/capped that may be shorting out.
Did you try pulling the fuse?
I think there's 2 connectors at the radio. Pull the radio again and unhook them, make sure the pins are OK. Hook it up and try it before reinstalling - wiggle connectors.

:undecided:

I don't remember, but I read a post or two on locked radio's - I think they said something (maybe 'locked') - they didn't just act weird.

I'll try it when I get it back, thanks a lot!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spellman1989

Members Online