Speaker specs

Gordo

Original poster
Mar 26, 2012
Hi all, I have a blown speaker in my 02 Envoy, Drivers door. I pulled it to get a replacement but am wondering if I shouldn't change them all while I'm at it. Head unit is plain, basic stock. I need to know what size therears are. Don't want to pull the panel unless I need to!

Thanks!

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
They are all 6.5 inch. I have Kicker DS65's and love them. Almost drop in stall especially with cable adapters.

Here are some shots of what I did.

Attachments

• IMG_1196.jpg
    IMG_1196.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1195.jpg
    IMG_1195.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1194.jpg
    IMG_1194.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1199.jpg
    IMG_1199.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 13

Gordo

Original poster
Mar 26, 2012
Mark20 said:
They are all 6.5 inch. I have Kicker DS65's and love them. Almost drop in stall especially with cable adapters.

Here are some shots of what I did.

Did you eliminate the factory tweeter when you did this?

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Yes, they are glued in so removing them really wasn't worth the effort. I cut the wires from the original factory connector where they went through a small hole in the OEM front speaker mount, enlarged the hole a little to pass the new connector's spade terminals through and then connected them to the new speaker which is a coaxial design. Look carefully in the picture with my hand, you will see two connectors. The OEM was so well attached also, again it didn't pay to take it off.

Gordo

Original poster
Mar 26, 2012
Mark20 said:
Yes, they are glued in so removing them really wasn't worth the effort. I cut the wires from the original factory connector where they went through a small hole in the OEM front speaker mount, enlarged the hole a little to pass the new connector's spade terminals through and then connected them to the new speaker which is a coaxial design. Look carefully in the picture with my hand, you will see two connectors. The OEM was so well attached also, again it didn't pay to take it off.

Thanks for thi tips Mark!!

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
One more tip, make sure you don't have a bose sound system this will change up speaker size protocal in our trucks.

GS_Geoff

Jul 7, 2012
STLtrailbSS said:
One more tip, make sure you don't have a bose sound system this will change up speaker size protcal in our trucks.

OK... sorry, can you explain this to a guy who is bad with electrical/wiring stuff? Are you referring to a difference in impedance?

xj2202009

Mar 27, 2012
I have a pair of kickers ds65 they do sound pretty good, will be replacing the front soon with ds65 also..

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online