Speaker help please.

Stuntmanmike77

Hey everyone. I recently bought a new set of 6.5 speakers for front and rear with a new hu. Just want to eliminate the bose junk in there. Anyway, the speakers I bought will not fit in the pods correctly especially in the front with the 8" subwoofers were. All 4 were removed today hoping to mount mine in the existing pods. Every site I went to said this truck takes 6 1/2 all around. Is there a trick to mounting these correctly or do I need adapter plates and if so, which ones. Thanks in advance.

DAlastDON

Options are to mod the existing mount plates to accept the 6 1\2" speaker. Make your own mount plate\spacer. Or purchase after market mount plates\spacers from a third party.

I used these this vendor when i replaced a neighbors blown bang & olufsen factory speakers in her audi with morel speakers. She ordered them from someplace online and they custom made the speakers to match the impedance of the factory system. I do not know what the factory speakers sounded like but those morel speakers gave me chills and a stiffy when paired with the factory stereo system in her audi.

Matt

Silver Supporter
What Don said, you need adapters.

Blckshdw

I guess it would depend on where the mounting holes on the speakers are, but if it was feasible for you... Get some door pods from a non-Bose junk yard 360/370, ditch the factory speakers, and drop your new ones into those?

xavierny25

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Answered questions
Members
Latest member
DENALIV84X4
Top Bottom