so who still uses the old site?

Mounce

Well-Known Member
dmanns67 said:
I am sure a tech would want to charge a forum for their "expertise". I have seen sites pop up on Google like fixit.com or fixya.com with automotive questions with answers provided by a GM Service Tech or a Ford Service Tech. So the author proclaimed.

I was annoyed being put on the global ignore list,. I have yet to go back and make a shill account. Might do that at work on Saturday with a different IP address.
I've seen sites while searching various issues through google where that someone asked a question which was exactly what you were looking for but you've gotta pay to see the answer because a certified tech answered it. That or you could pay to chat with a tech.
 

The_Roadie

Founding Member
Administrator
OK, who the frack is "EnvoyBoy2004". Lit up an account over there, linked to here ONCE I can see with embedded spaces, but other than that, is answering questions competently and quickly for a couple of weeks. Seems like he's read almost all of my posts.

Here's a hilarious example:
http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=137546
 

Mounce

Well-Known Member
The_Roadie said:
OK, who the frack is "EnvoyBoy2004". Lit up an account over there, linked to here ONCE I can see with embedded spaces, but other than that, is answering questions competently and quickly for a couple of weeks. Seems like he's read almost all of my posts.

Here's a hilarious example:
http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=137546
Lol when the guy said "what a useless forum" I chimed in with yeah it is useless, why don't you check out ___________. I thought where the heck did my post go...then I remembered lol.
 

dmanns67

Well-Known Member
Mounce said:
I've seen sites while searching various issues through google where that someone asked a question which was exactly what you were looking for but you've gotta pay to see the answer because a certified tech answered it. That or you could pay to chat with a tech.
I would never pay to chat with a tech :no:
Mounce said:
Lol when the guy said "what a useless forum" I chimed in with yeah it is useless, why don't you check out ___________. I thought where the heck did my post go...then I remembered lol.
I made a poat in that thread too, but I am sure I was on the global ignore list. I was just being a smarta$$. My post is below.

"You are all crazy, that is where the fluxcapacitor goes. And you guys call yourselves automotive enthusiasts :no: "
 

Mounce

Well-Known Member
The_Roadie said:
Haven't been there for ages, but when I did just now, what did I find?

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, that's just too bad. :rotfl: Who's gonna tell everyone that the red wire is for trailer brakes now?

I wish I wasn't banned over there. After I clear everything out of my browser and finally get access back and make a new account I get banned again within hours. Not global ignore banned, literally banned so that I can't even get on over there and see anything.
 

Mounce

Well-Known Member
Yeah, you guys have told me for months to use one of those anonymous browsers but I'd never been caught so didn't bother with it.

Pm heading your way.
 

The_Roadie

Founding Member
Administrator
Your recruiting is noticed and appreciated. :wink:

The Introductions thread continues to be a wasteland of spam and unanswered intro posts. One poor guy followed up his own post with about 12 followups. Wish VS would just give up. They fail to answer any site support questions.

http://forums.trailvoy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31

Our old annoyance seems to be still banned. Must have given up as well:
1.jpg

Note: The spammers have discovered the lack of mods. Over HALF the new posts overnight were spam.
 

Mounce

Well-Known Member
Poor Daniel lol. Pretty much talking to himself over there. :no:

I wonder who loverotties lies to now since he's been banned and can't lie to the noobs about the red wire...
 

swede

Well-Known Member

swede

Well-Known Member
Ok so I know this is going to be a double post but I hope the admin wont hold that against me. The mf'ers on TrailVoy just shit in the wrong house by editing my PM to a fellow swede (see attached picture).

Most swede's uses the same nick in Sweden and on other sites all over the world, so I'm gonna go true TV with a fine tooth come and find anybody that posted there from Sweden and find that person on a Swedish forum. When I do I'm gonna tell them how fucked up TV is and redirect them all over here.
TV doesn't know who they fucking with, man I'm boiling right now.

I know you guys sad they scanning the PM but I wanted to see it with my own eyes. I sent 3 PM to swedes, the other 2 didn't say anything about GMTN and they have been deleted.
 

Attachments

swede

Well-Known Member
I saw your post on TV and love it hahahaha

Swedens biggest car forum is http://www.garaget.org/ and you can do a search to find all the TB's on that forum, I'm going to PM every single TB owner on garaget.org telling them about the shit hole TV and redirect them over here.

It's my mission in life now to take every single Swedish TB owner off the TV forum and on this one, hell yeah!!!
 

Mounce

Well-Known Member
It's not that they edited your pm, it's just that anytime you type gmtnation.com over there it instantly changes it to trailvoy as soon as you send/post it.


If that got you boiling like that, try getting put on global ignore where that to you, everything seems fine and dandy but not a single one of your posts will get posted. From your view, the post will be there and you'll see everything but from everyone else's view, every single one of your posts disappeared and they'll never see your post again.

Now that'll make a fella mad right there.
 

dmanns67

Well-Known Member
Story of my life. Looks like it is getting worse over there. Just clicked on "New Posts" and 10 out of the 30 threads are :spammer: :no:

Did GMC_Rick ever get an account approved here? I am confused on what talking to the Admins here has to do with him being a moderator over there :undecided: Its not like the owners/admins here have any control over the OS anymore.

Even as a mod over on the OS, I do not think he could do more than deleting and banning all of the spammers. Hell the current mods over there cannot even do that now.

They need a more engaged and caring community. Larry might get annoyed with us whores, but we will back him up when it comes to spammers and :nonsense: :yes:
 

The_Roadie

Founding Member
Administrator
dmanns67 said:
Its not like the owners/admins here have any control over the OS anymore.
Right.....because that would be just .... deliciously evil. :crackup:

Seriously, they might whack spammers. Won't bring the community back. Or the competent volunteers.
 

MAY03LT

Founding Member
Lifetime VIP Supporter
dmanns67 said:
Did GMC_Rick ever get an account approved here? I am confused on what talking to the Admins here has to do with him being a moderator over there :undecided: Its not like the owners/admins here have any control over the OS anymore.
Yeah he's approved. If anyone has an active account over there, can you pm him and axe him to check the email that he registered with? Mucho appreciato.

edit 3/24 - whoever you were, THANKS!
 
OK, happy campers, help this new guy out.

WTF is going/did go down?

I just picked up my TB, and thus far both sites have helped me get the glitches handled- which is very much appreciated.

At the same time, I'm finding trailvoy has a huge lack of moderation...ie., all the spam that is rampant there. I am a moderator on one of the world's largest boating sites, and whatever they are doing on trailvoy ain't working.

Not trying to stir up drama or anything else- but I am curious.

Pete
 
Pau Hana said:
OK, happy campers, help this new guy out.

WTF is going/did go down?

I just picked up my TB, and thus far both sites have helped me get the glitches handled- which is very much appreciated.

At the same time, I'm finding trailvoy has a huge lack of moderation...ie., all the spam that is rampant there. I am a moderator on one of the world's largest boating sites, and whatever they are doing on trailvoy ain't working.

Not trying to stir up drama or anything else- but I am curious.

Pete
This may help ya... http://gmtnation.com/forums/index.php?/topic/218-Welcome-to-GMTNation.com!-Here's-the-story...
Btw.. Welcome to the nation!
 

The_Roadie

Founding Member
Administrator
Pau Hana said:
At the same time, I'm finding trailvoy has a huge lack of moderation...ie., all the spam that is rampant there. I am a moderator on one of the world's largest boating sites, and whatever they are doing on trailvoy ain't working.
Used to be under control when all of us were running the place. Then Vertical Scope took over.
If your site is in the motorsport arena, who owns them?
Not trying to stir up drama or anything else- but I am curious.
The drama long since died down in Dec 2011 when 100% of the admins and mods abandoned the old place. Nobody left but a few incompetent curmudgeons who thought they could bring back the glory days, and assorted numb nuts who didn't get the memo that we all left. Vertical Scope makes it hard to attract a community, let alone new mods. They're just milking it as an ad farm. There are exactly zero active mods anymore. The last couple kids who volunteered quit when we heard about ths situation and educated them.
 

Mounce

Well-Known Member
Yeah, every new member would waltz up in there and think "Damn, where's everyone at? This place sucks." and leave unsatisfied and no further ahead than they were when they found the site.

That's where the guys here come in, a few of us go over there and try to corral everyone over here so that they can get help. Unfortunately, that tends to be quite a chore because of VS constantly shutting us down. I've personally had two accounts get banned and on the last one they banned my IP so I haven't gotten around to re-spawning yet. :sadcry: Gonna have to hop through a few hoops (anonymous browser on every visit, new account) to get back up and running over there.
 
The_Roadie said:
Used to be under control when all of us were running the place. Then Vertical Scope took over.
If your site is in the motorsport arena, who owns them?

The drama long since died down in Dec 2011 when 100% of the admins and mods abandoned the old place. Nobody left but a few incompetent curmudgeons who thought they could bring back the glory days, and assorted numb nuts who didn't get the memo that we all left. Vertical Scope makes it hard to attract a community, let alone new mods. They're just milking it as an ad farm. There are exactly zero active mods anymore. The last couple kids who volunteered quit when we heard about ths situation and educated them.
The site I mod on is the Bayliner Owners Club- it's 100% user funded, and ad-free. We run on a shoestring budget, and the content is all about boating. We do a good enough job that Brunswick Corporation (owner of the Bayliner, Meridian, and Trophy brands) has a link on their corporate site recommending us to their customers.

They don't pay us a dime, so we are not beholden to them.
 
On this same note, I have to add this- I do see value in both sites, and can understand how the acquisition by a conglomerate of TV led to the creation of this site.

What I don't agree with is the way some of the members here troll TV and then act in a fairly juvenile manner about their actions.To me, the goal should be the sharing of knowledge about the platform, and should not devolve into combative rhetoric.

The above being said, I figure there ought to be some way to build this site without spamming the other site.
 
Pau Hana said:
What I don't agree with is the way some of the members here troll TV and then act in a fairly juvenile manner about their actions.To me, the goal should be the sharing of knowledge about the platform, and should not devolve into combative rhetoric.

The above being said, I figure there ought to be some way to build this site without spamming the other site.
Well said. :goodpost:
 
Not for sure if it's me being talked about.. But I will just say this if it is..

Both sites are great for resources... The os is really only good for archived material as the way I see it.

Roadie,may,blkshdw, all the guys that have been round our platform for a long time have all came here and a lot of them don't have their accounts over there because of the jailbreak. So when I see someone New over there I let them know about this place because you won't get New info from the guys that are gone from there.

There are members over there resurrecting 3 to 5 year old threads and I think expecting an answer..
I was There before asked and asked and asked questions And no answers.. Then someone told me bout this site and had answers rite away instead of a month and no answers over there. Which is really frustrating when your new to the platform and trying to get info and no one to help.

So call it spamming or what ever you want to.. I just don't want the New guys to feel like I did when I first joined over there and start thinking that the community of enthusiast for our trucks is dead.

I try helping a lil here and there but There are lots of things I don't know about and it's hard to link them to here since tv blocks anything dealing with the nation..


I guess if you guys feel I'm being a douche and need to tone it down over there tell me n I will.. I don't wanna become "that" guy.. But I also don't wanna have guys that are interested in working on and modding their trucks to feel like there is no place anymore that shares their passion.
 
Not pointing fingers, as I wouldn't know who to point at, and (more to the discussion) the goal should be a forwarding of the knowledge base, and never devolve into that which TV is/has become.

As there is really no moderation there, how about a generic post that notifies users of the existence of this site. Or, can one post a link to the tech (or other) section that drives traffic this way and flies under the ban radar?

I am in total agreement that the need to have info in either maintaining or modding these rigs is critical, especially as the platform is aging. We did so for years when I owned a Grand National, and the forums pertaining to the G-body platform has all the info from basic maintenance to rebuilding the car into a terrible 10 second 1/4 mile monster- with info on the vendors that support same. There are several different GN sites, and very little sniping.

That should be the goal here is my point. The tech knowledge is great, as si the mod info- let's make it better and more inclusive.
 
The only way to post links for here that don't get turned into saying trailvoy.com is to either space it all out so it doesn't become an actual link.. Or to go a lil different route like my let me Google that for you.. As that seems to not get redirected to trailvoy.com


Edit: also hard to not know who I am over there vs here... [emoji13] lmao
 

dmanns67

Well-Known Member
Pau Hana said:
On this same note, I have to add this- I do see value in both sites, and can understand how the acquisition by a conglomerate of TV led to the creation of this site.

What I don't agree with is the way some of the members here troll TV and then act in a fairly juvenile manner about their actions.To me, the goal should be the sharing of knowledge about the platform, and should not devolve into combative rhetoric.

The above being said, I figure there ought to be some way to build this site without spamming the other site.
You do realize the admins, mods, and members who made TV what it was is here now right? I know you have read the story already. Trust me, we do not need to "troll" TV to build this site. Some of the incompetent/hard headed members on TV can stay there for all we care.

There is a big difference between trolling and legitimately trying to help noobs over on TV. By helping, I mean redirecting them over here. TV is a waste. Tons of spam threads, introduction threads will have hundreds of views and zero welcoming posts, tech threads will go unanswered or incorrect information.

GMTN is the future. We are not going to post helpful information on TV. The only help they will get on TV is a link on how to find the Nation. You may call it trolling, but we call it helping. If it was not for the members at the GMTN posting links to this site on TV, I would have never found this awesome forum and community.

Most of us have found this forum from bread crumbs left behind by other members. I know I greatly appreciate it, so some of us are returning the favor.
 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
18,654
Messages
567,575
Members
11,280
Latest member
customheating

Members online

Latest posts

Top Bottom