so who still uses the old site?

Wow that's pretty bad they banned you like that lol. At least you got here before they did that to ya!

Welcome :tiphat:
 
Dan, doesn't look like you're banned, maybe they put you on 'miserable user' status or something instead.
 

Mounce

Well-Known Member
BlazingTrails said:
My account was not banned. But I could not get anything to work and there were popups... Oh the popups. The ads have ads, discussing I hate that place. Can't even stand it enough to try and recruit the newbie suckers. Poor fellows......
What browser were you using? I've only ever been on there via google chrome and have never had a popup.
 

dmanns67

Well-Known Member
BlazingTrails said:
My account was not banned. But I could not get anything to work and there were popups... Oh the popups. The ads have ads, discussing I hate that place. Can't even stand it enough to try and recruit the newbie suckers. Poor fellows......
Not only are there tons of ads and pop ups, but last time I was on, there was tons of threads about selling cell phones, Ipads, Iphone, Ipods, etc. I posted in everyone that I seen to come here. What a joke.
 

Mounce

Well-Known Member
dmanns67 said:
Not only are there tons of ads and pop ups, but last time I was on, there was tons of threads about selling cell phones, Ipads, Iphone, Ipods, etc. I posted in everyone that I seen to come here. What a joke.
I haven't seen any of those threads...extremely odd lol.
 

Robbabob

Silver Supporter
The only real way to know if you are banned is to log out over there and look for your posts. When logged in, they let you THINK you are all good.

I'd bet Mounce is banned for the reference of your name over there.... just maybe.
 

Robbabob

Silver Supporter
Curious Garth... LOL

banned doesn't mean you can't log in, or maybe I am using the wrong "word". They let you in, but keep your posts and pvt messages invisible to everyone but you. You think you're getting away with or helping others, when in fact you are just wasting your time.

Quite clever, actually.
 
Robbabob said:
Curious Garth... LOL

banned doesn't mean you can't log in, or maybe I am using the wrong "word". They let you in, but keep your posts and pvt messages invisible to everyone but you. You think you're getting away with or helping others, when in fact you are just wasting your time.

Quite clever, actually.
You're thinking Global Ignore, which is what they did to me. Banned, they leave your posts, but under your name is says "no longer with us" and I don't believe you can log in anymore.
 

Hatchet

Well-Known Member
I'm surprised i'm still allowed in over there.
 

Mounce

Well-Known Member
So um...this just happened. I guess they finally found me, took them long enough :rotfl: Doucherotties or Mr. "active member" probably reported my posts. :no: :hissyfit:

Edit: Also, this is different than global ignore..I can't view anything on the site now, each time I try it pops up saying "your password is xxx days old click here to reset" then it takes me to that screen. I can't log out or anything, I guess I won't be back over there via this laptop.
 

Attachments

Mounce

Well-Known Member
dmanns67 said:
Time for multiple shill accounts. Wonder how they track accounts on their autoguide forum app :undecided:
The problem is, currently I can't go back over there. My laptop and my phone were logged in as Garth and I can't log either one out.. They've got me on that one..
 

dmanns67

Well-Known Member
Mounce said:
The problem is, currently I can't go back over there. My laptop and my phone were logged in as Garth and I can't log either one out.. They've got me on that one..
Do you have the autoguide app? Its is like tapatalk. I guess if you would be banned on the site, autoguide would be no different.
 

Mounce

Well-Known Member
dmanns67 said:
Do you have the autoguide app? Its is like tapatalk. I guess if you would be banned on the site, autoguide would be no different.
Don't have it. Might try that sometime. Genuinely frustrated with the fact of getting BANNED right now so I won't be back at it soon lol. I just wish they would've put me on ignore...so much simpler.
 
Mounce said:
The problem is, currently I can't go back over there. My laptop and my phone were logged in as Garth and I can't log either one out.. They've got me on that one..
Clear the cache on each, then next time you go to the site, you'll be clear. Simpler still, use a different browser.

Edit: Being banned means all your posts are still visible. So your messages are still working. If you go on ignore, everything goes bye bye, and no one will stumble on what you've posted. Banned = better option
 

Mounce

Well-Known Member
Blckshdw said:
Clear the cache on each, then next time you go to the site, you'll be clear. Simpler still, use a different browser.

Edit: Being banned means all your posts are still visible. So your messages are still working. If you go on ignore, everything goes bye bye, and no one will stumble on what you've posted. Banned = better option
Didn't think about a different browser lol.. Also, will clearing the cache log me out? If not, I'll still be stuck in this cycle.
 

dmanns67

Well-Known Member
Blckshdw said:
Clear the cache on each, then next time you go to the site, you'll be clear. Simpler still, use a different browser.

Edit: Being banned means all your posts are still visible. So your messages are still working. If you go on ignore, everything goes bye bye, and no one will stumble on what you've posted. Banned = better option
I guess they really gave me the shaft by putting me on the global ignore list.
 

Mounce

Well-Known Member
Blckshdw said:
Clear the cache on each, then next time you go to the site, you'll be clear. Simpler still, use a different browser.

Edit: Being banned means all your posts are still visible. So your messages are still working. If you go on ignore, everything goes bye bye, and no one will stumble on what you've posted. Banned = better option
I'm in via different browser :yes: sure as hell won't log in as Garth there ever again lol.

Will still be on a hiatus from there for a little while though..
 

dmanns67

Well-Known Member
Mounce said:
I'm in via different browser :yes: sure as hell won't log in as Garth there ever again lol.

Will still be on a hiatus from there for a little while though..
Would clearing cache and changing browsers do the same thing for an ignored account :undecided:
 

Mounce

Well-Known Member
dmanns67 said:
Would clearing cache and changing browsers do the same thing for an ignored account :undecided:
You'll still be ignored... The reason that I need to do that is because they won't allow me to do anything..can't make a new account or even view anything there on my usual browsers.

You, however, can still get on over there and can log out and make a new account.
 

dmanns67

Well-Known Member
Mounce said:
You'll still be ignored... The reason that I need to do that is because they won't allow me to do anything..can't make a new account or even view anything there on my usual browsers.

You, however, can still get on over there and can log out and make a new account.
Gotcha. I might try to make a shill account and post nothing but nonsense. They will have to find something else to ban me for other than spamming.

You know what is funny about all this is that all of the other spamming that goes on over there and nothing is done about it. Yet our mentioning of GMTN gets us banned/ignored :blinkhuh:
 

Mounce

Well-Known Member
Blckshdw said:
Clear the cache on each, then next time you go to the site, you'll be clear. Simpler still, use a different browser.

Edit: Being banned means all your posts are still visible. So your messages are still working. If you go on ignore, everything goes bye bye, and no one will stumble on what you've posted. Banned = better option
Just looked..all of my posts are gone. I can see them where people quoted me but the original posts is mia. :no:
 

The_Roadie

Founding Member
Administrator
Garth was banned and his posts deleted. A regular member can't even see that he ever was on the membership list. That's worse than what they did to me because they couldn't delete my posts. Dmanns67 is indeed on global ignore.

The lazy-ass VS admin failed to even track down and delete posts where Garth was quoted, so his bread crumb trail still leads back here. Hilarious to take incompetent forum administration to such a level.

And these asshats get PAID to run forums into the ground like that?
 

The_Roadie

Founding Member
Administrator
Check out this thread:
http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=94034

Noob necroposts in a stale thread. The useless GM Customer Svc flack posts her usual no-help-at-all answer, the dealer finds the part to solve the noob's problem, and then THANKS the flack as if she assisted him for real instead of being a waste of good oxygen.
 

dmanns67

Well-Known Member
The_Roadie said:
Check out this thread:
http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=94034

Noob necroposts in a stale thread. The useless GM Customer Svc flack posts her usual no-help-at-all answer, the dealer finds the part to solve the noob's problem, and then THANKS the flack as if she assisted him for real instead of being a waste of good oxygen.
:duh:

What a joke. Has a "legit" GM Customer Service Rep ever tried to register on this site before?
 

The_Roadie

Founding Member
Administrator
Nope, and if they did apply, they would quickly flee in horror when "somebody" started editing their posts to reflect the reality of their less-than-useless pseudo self-serving advice. Most corporations do useful things with their social media team, like helping customers. GM Customer Svc just parrots out the "let our honest and competent dealer network solve all your problems" lies again and again.

It's sad. And embarrassing for them.

But it does remind me I haven't fed that parrot for a long time.
 

IllogicTC

Well-Known Member
I think that's the whole point of customer service - to direct people to an approved source for parts, service and repairs. They shouldn't be trying to offer advice on fixing, I'd imagine that should be GM_Service_Tech or something.
 

dmanns67

Well-Known Member
I am sure a tech would want to charge a forum for their "expertise". I have seen sites pop up on Google like fixit.com or fixya.com with automotive questions with answers provided by a GM Service Tech or a Ford Service Tech. So the author proclaimed.

I was annoyed being put on the global ignore list,. I have yet to go back and make a shill account. Might do that at work on Saturday with a different IP address.
 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
18,654
Messages
567,575
Members
11,280
Latest member
customheating

Members online

Latest posts

Top Bottom