Small Lift In Front For Cheap .75-1" using eBay plates!

jerflash

Original poster
Aug 12, 2020
NYC
Hey All,

Just came here to share some knowledge for anyone wanting a small lift in the front to level their truck. This is just to make it level with the back end and give a slight bump to ground clearance without getting the mad saying she can get in anymore lol. It picked up between .75" to 1" in the front end.

I picked up 2 sets of these small spacers to put on top of my shock mounts up front. 2 come in each pack and 1 is said to raise the truck .5" so i stacked 2 on one another. They measure 1/4" each and we have just enough threads in out shock tower bolts to make these work and get full engagement. (be sure to check on yours first if you do this.) with our geometry 1/2" comes out to around /.75-1"

IMG_6448.JPG

I threw these in while Also doing tie rod ends. Took it in for alignment and the camber was dead on without any messing around. upper Ball joints are not at any crazy angle either so sweet. oh and also threw in new moog problem solver upper ball joints because the cheap chinese ones were toast after 3 years and 30K miles lol.

IMG_6446.JPG

IMG_6447.JPG

I will be doing some 5100s and a bigger lift in the future but these were cheap and I had 2 year old Monroe assemblies in there so they are still good.

sitts pretty nice now!

IMG_6449 (1).JPG

Let me know if you have any questions

Attachments

• IMG_6449.JPG
    IMG_6449.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: Mooseman

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Interesting. I know years ago some lift kits were similar where a 3" spacer would really lift it up but would break if any real side loads were applied. We called them death lifts. These are much more moderate and still uses the original mounting bolts unlike those other lifts.

Certainly an option for leveling.

jerflash

Original poster
Aug 12, 2020
NYC
Ya its pretty much something that SuspensionMaxx used to offer. Part number SMX-T50 which was a 0.50" aluminum spacer that added 0.75" of lift. You can still find the part in thier 2.5" lift kit which has a sping spacer that adds 1.75" lift and the top spacer adds the extra .75". They dont offer it on its own anymore but i kinda like this better since there is more material

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
33chevyrod

Members Online