NEED HELP Screen problem tech 2 vetronix

moniato93

Original poster
Sep 13, 2024
España
Buenas soy nuevo en el foro pero he visto que sabéis mucho del tema...resulta que tengo una máquina de diagnóstico tech 2 para mí Saab y hace unos meses la pantalla empezó a verse borrosa y casi no se pueden leer las letras ...me gustaría saber de qué puede ser y si me podéis echar una mano..un saludo

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Sorry, site rules. You must use English.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
OK, I used Google Translate to translate your original Spanish text to English as the picture/screen shot thing won't work for us. You can copy and paste your translated text.

Hi, I'm new to the forum but I've seen that you know a lot about the subject...it turns out that I have a tech 2 diagnostic machine for my Saab and a few months ago the screen started to look blurry and you can barely read the letters...I'd like to know what it could be and if you can give me a hand...regards
Could you post some pictures of the screen?

Is this an original true Vetronix Tech 2 or a Chinese clone/copy? Does it beep and go through its self test and go to the main screen even though you can't see it well?

Reactions: mrrsm

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
eBay DOES have quite a few Vendors selling the Replacement Screen Modules for the Tech 2 for from $80 to $100 USD:

Aqui:

Mira...

TECH2SCREENA.jpg

TECH2SCREENB.jpg

Y Aqui...

Mira...

TECH2SCREENC.jpg

TECH2SCREEND.jpg

charkmapman

Mar 19, 2023
New York
Buenas soy nuevo en el foro pero he visto que sabéis mucho del tema...resulta que tengo una máquina de diagnóstico tech 2 para mí Saab y hace unos meses la pantalla empezó a verse borrosa y casi no se pueden leer las letras ...me gustaría saber de qué puede ser y si me podéis echar una mano..un saludo
If it is "clone" Tech2 GM is blocking them due to virus/malware in software.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
If it is "clone" Tech2 GM is blocking them due to virus/malware in software.
I question this, as the Tech2 clone is running the same software as the original.

My Tech2 Clone accesses GM just fine.. So????

@Mooseman - Any insight on this?

Reactions: mrrsm

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
@charkmapman ... What is the "source" of your information... and Do you own a Tech 2 ...GM OEM Version ...or Otherwise? The "GYMKO" Tech 2 Clone that I own has --never-- failed me and it functions without the need to venture to the defunct TIS2WEB Site, now the TECH2WIN On-Line Site by simply using the SPS Software for updating Calibrations available on the TIS2000 Software CDs or USB Drives via the PCMCIA Version 33.004.that Dwells in Slot 1 of the Two Slots on top of the Tech 2.. which is 'Good To Go' all the way up to 2013, after which the Later Model Pass-Through Scan Tools supersede it...

Last edited:

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Thanks for the clarification...

moniato93

Original poster
Sep 13, 2024
España
Hello guys, thank you for your answers and intention to help...
My Tech 2 is original, it is not a clone. When I turn it on, you hear the beep and it starts and I see the Saab logo but it gets blurry and I can barely navigate the menu. I bought a screen on AliExpress that is compatible for my DMF 50081 but when soldering. the flex and plug it in you can't see anything...the screen is not original but the seller tells me that it is compatible and the problem is already driving me crazy and I can't find anyone in Madrid to repair my tech2 that's why I ask for help...regards to all

moniato93

Original poster
Sep 13, 2024
España
As soon as I can, I'll send you photos of the tech2 and some video so you can see the problem...what bothers me is that with the original screen it turns on but it looks blurry and with the one I bought directly it doesn't turn on or you can see anything ...if it were a motherboard it would turn on and it would look the same as the other one...but nothing can be seen...it has already confused me...greetings and thanks again to everyone

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
How does the original screen module compare to the clone? Do the printed circuits and chips look similar? It's possible that the clone screen is not compatible with the real Tech 2.

If the soldering work required is beyond your capabilities and equipment, there should be an electronics or computer repair shop that should be able to do this.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vickes

Members Online