Rusted Frame

TrailBlazerEd

Original poster
Jul 2, 2014
Anyone out there with any frame rust issues? I was changing the oil today on my '02 Trailblazer and was surprised to see some major rust on the passenger side just below where the 3 thru bolts that support the engine pass thru the frame. It has 126,000 miles and I live in Northern Michigan. The frame has surface rust everywhere, but this looks structural.

mapanch

Dec 2, 2011
Sparky has an 02 with major rust issues. Think most of his is on the body panels though.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
I can imagine with living in Northern Michigan you would have some rust issues. Have you taken it to a body shop and have them inspect the structural integrity of the frame?

Welcome to the Nation by the way :thumbsup:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
mapanch said:
Sparky has an 02 with major rust issues. Think most of his is on the body panels though.
My frame is very rusty too. I have a couple good sized holes on the passenger frame near the cat, along with a few other small ones.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Not when you might have already lost structural amounts of metal.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Quite normal in the rust belt. Some more than others. I just picked up an 06 Saab 9-7x that has more rust than my 02 TB with double the mileage. Maybe the time it's built has more recycled Ford content in the metal :rotfl:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmaxdob

Members Online