RPO Code GU6 & YD3

jbones

Original poster
Member
Dec 5, 2011
658
I happened to look at my sticker yesterday and saw no G80, I always assumed G80.:frown: Deciding to look up all the codes I found:

GU6 Axle Rear 3.42 Ratio
YD3 Differential, driver selectable rear locker


I'm assuming this now tells me stay on the pavement and gravel roads, and as mentioned by Roadie in another G-80 thread my configuration may need more assistance then the 2wd with G-80?
 

RayVoy

Member
Nov 20, 2011
939
Hmmm, have not heard of the YD3 rpo code until now.

Most of what I can locate points to the front axle; however, I did find reference to the rear.

We need to find out more.
 

jbones

Original poster
Member
Dec 5, 2011
658
RayVoy said:
Hmmm, have not heard of the YD3 rpo code until now.

Most of what I can locate points to the front axle; however, I did find reference to the rear.

We need to find out more.


Need any additional info from me?
 

RayVoy

Member
Nov 20, 2011
939
Ok, AFAI can tell, it is used in reference to the front axle "Front Axle for Scheduling GVW Plate"

It looks like a computer code to calculate the max load on the front axle.

If you do not have G80, you have just an open diff in the rear (the front is only available in an open configuration).

With an open diff and power to only the rear (not in 4x4), you have only one wheel drive, put it into 4x4 and you will have 2 driving wheels (one front and one rear).

With a posi mechanical locker (G80) and not in 4x4, you will have 2 driving wheels (both in the rear), add 4x4 and you will have 3 driving wheels.

Take it off road? If you have 4x4, yes of course. I have been off road many times without a locker. Have I ever been stuck, yep, have with a locker as well (note, when stuck with a locker, you are very stuck). The moral is, whatever you drive, you need to know the limitations of the truck, and, of yourself.
 

jbones

Original poster
Member
Dec 5, 2011
658
RayVoy said:
Ok, AFAI can tell, it is used in reference to the front axle "Front Axle for Scheduling GVW Plate"

It looks like a computer code to calculate the max load on the front axle.

If you do not have G80, you have just an open diff in the rear (the front is only available in an open configuration).

With an open diff and power to only the rear (not in 4x4), you have only one wheel drive, put it into 4x4 and you will have 2 driving wheels (one front and one rear).

With a posi mechanical locker (G80) and not in 4x4, you will have 2 driving wheels (both in the rear), add 4x4 and you will have 3 driving wheels.

Take it off road? If you have 4x4, yes of course. I have been off road many times without a locker. Have I ever been stuck, yep, have with a locker as well (note, when stuck with a locker, you are very stuck). The moral is, whatever you drive, you need to know the limitations of the truck, and, of yourself.

Thanks for the help, I guess when I hit the light off road duties i'd best make sure both driving wheels stay on the ground. Suppose that's what I get from buying fleet vehicle, rpo show it was built for Hertz rental fleet, I got her with 16, 000 on her from the dealeship.
 

RayVoy

Member
Nov 20, 2011
939
jbones said:
I got her with 16, 000 on her from the dealeship.
They probably bought it at auction.


jbones said:
rpo show it was built for Hertz rental fleet,
What is that code? I didn't know there was more than one code for fleet vehicles, didn't know they were company specific.
 

jbones

Original poster
Member
Dec 5, 2011
658
RayVoy said:
They probably bought it at auction.


What is that code? I didn't know there was more than one code for fleet vehicles, didn't know they were company specific.

I dug up the carfax I ordered when I bought it, it confirms first registered owner as a rental vehicle company, and sold at auction on 3/5/08 with 14,585 miles.

C1U FLEET INCENTIVE ENTERPRISE RENT-A-CAR (B/C/D/E/F/H/J/K/L/N/U/W TRK CKGMLPST)
 

RayVoy

Member
Nov 20, 2011
939
C1U is almost a list of deletes, things the rental guys don't want to pay for.

You probably don't have Onstar, probably don't have the oil life indicator, probably a few other things.
 

jbones

Original poster
Member
Dec 5, 2011
658
RayVoy said:
C1U is almost a list of deletes, things the rental guys don't want to pay for.

You probably don't have Onstar, probably don't have the oil life indicator, probably a few other things.

Yep, whole lot of deletes.

View attachment 18922

I assume these PICS confirm:

View attachment 18924
 

Attachments

  • DSCN0091.jpg
    DSCN0091.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCN0063.jpg
    DSCN0063.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCN0064.jpg
    DSCN0064.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 13

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Member
Nov 19, 2011
9,957
Portland, OR
jbones said:
I assume these PICS confirm
Yep. That's a stock axle. The G80 has a lot more little bits inside:

axle31.jpg


Ooops, that's the broken one after an "incident" in Montrose, CO. :redface:

Here's a good one.

axle21.jpg
 

Wyle

Member
Dec 4, 2011
200
jbones said:
I dug up the carfax I ordered when I bought it, it confirms first registered owner as a rental vehicle company, and sold at auction on 3/5/08 with 14,585 miles.

C1U FLEET INCENTIVE ENTERPRISE RENT-A-CAR (B/C/D/E/F/H/J/K/L/N/U/W TRK CKGMLPST)

When I dug into all my RPO codes, I found
KCV FLEET INCENTIVE ALAMO RENT-A-CAR (C/D/E/F/G/H/J/K/M/N/U/W/Z-TRK CKGMLPST)

Welcome to the non-G80 rental car club.
 

Chickenhawk

Member
Dec 6, 2011
781
Add mine to the list of fleet vehicles. Our 2007 was made for one of the rental car companies, but interestingly it was never sold to them. It doesn't have some of the common deletes such as the trailer hitch delete, and does have the sunroof option. Ours was actually used by GM at the GM plant in OK. It appears to have come off the assembly line as a fleet vehicle and then put right back into service by GM.

It has been a spotless and dependable truck.

But this thread sparks a question. Does anyone know the specific RPO codes, or if there are RPO codes, for oil life monitor or oil life monitor delete? I can't find any listing for either on the 2007 RPO codes.
 

jbones

Original poster
Member
Dec 5, 2011
658
Chickenhawk said:
Add mine to the list of fleet vehicles. Our 2007 was made for one of the rental car companies, but interestingly it was never sold to them. It doesn't have some of the common deletes such as the trailer hitch delete, and does have the sunroof option. Ours was actually used by GM at the GM plant in OK. It appears to have come off the assembly line as a fleet vehicle and then put right back into service by GM.

It has been a spotless and dependable truck.

But this thread sparks a question. Does anyone know the specific RPO codes, or if there are RPO codes, for oil life monitor or oil life monitor delete? I can't find any listing for either on the 2007 RPO codes.

I don't know, sorry, but here's a site you may find it at, until someone replys with it.
RPO Codes.com- GM option codes,GM rpo codes,Regular Production Options,General Motors options
 

Chickenhawk

Member
Dec 6, 2011
781
In answer to my own question, it appears the UJ2 oil life monitor is not used on our platforms because the oil life monitor is standard across the board. I can see no indication that this could be deleted in fleet vehicles, and I wonder how fleets would disable this.
 

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
14,950
North Las Vegas
Chickenhawk said:
In answer to my own question, it appears the UJ2 oil life monitor is not used on our platforms because the oil life monitor is standard across the board. I can see no indication that this could be deleted in fleet vehicles, and I wonder how fleets would disable this.
That is what I would like to know. If it was a simple disable then there must be a way to re enable it.
 

Forum Statistics

Threads
23,328
Posts
637,956
Members
18,531
Latest member
jvest

Members Online