Rotors / Brakes

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
I loved the brakemotive set that I installed in my tb when I had it. They looked great and performed even better. Maybe they've downgraded in the last 5 years, though.

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
I inspected my rotors this morning and discovered that they are developing hot spots on the front. I can understand why the way I drive lol but they are still braking smooth. I think I will either sand them down (with sanding disk while rotating the rotors 100 rpms or so) or have them turned next week when I am off. ceramic Brake pads still look good.

These are the Callahan Set I found on ebay, they have held up very well so far. I am thinking of trying some EBC pads next go around. Anybody used EBC pads before?

Tiggerr

Jun 6, 2013
Perrysburg, OH
BT I've used EBC a few times on bikes and cars they're not bad. Honestly I prefer the NAPA premium pads myself. Whatever they call their top of the line. Good wear, quiet, not too bad on dust. EBC is decent though. Never had a problem

Reactions: BlazingTrails

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
BlazingTrails said:
I inspected my rotors this morning and discovered that they are developing hot spots on the front. I can understand why the way I drive lol but they are still braking smooth. I think I will either sand them down (with sanding disk while rotating the rotors 100 rpms or so) or have them turned next week when I am off. ceramic Brake pads still look good.

These are the Callahan Set I found on ebay, they have held up very well so far. I am thinking of trying some EBC pads next go around. Anybody used EBC pads before?
I used EBC drilled/slotted rotors paired with redstuff pads on my maxima. Great combination. I drove the car in a couple of autocross's and never had any fade or warped rotors. When below freezeing the redstuff pads did not bite real good until a half second later after they warmed up.

Some maxima owners tried the redstuff pads with brake motive rotors and they ate the rotors up fue the the hard material they are made of. Yellowstuff would be a better choice for an SUV.

Reactions: BlazingTrails

Chickenhawk

Dec 6, 2011
tblazerdude said:
I have contacted two reputable, high performance, brake/rotor manufacturers, Centric and Akebono. Both informed me that if the vehicle is driven where/during road salt is used then slotted or cross drilled rotors would be a terrible choice. The rust will form inside the slots and holes, at an alarming rate. It will weaken the metal from the inside out, in double time. I see the OP is from FL, so all should be good. Just an FYI to you winter drivers.
On the other thread, I posted a photo of exactly that - my slotted rotors after 7 years, showing the rust starting from the inside and flaking off the braking surface of the inner rotor. They had ground the pads away to almost nothing. (The outer pads could have lasted another 50,000 kilometers easy if I didn't have to throw away the pads and rotors.)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online