Robbed at gun point at the bank.

bLAzen03

Original poster
Oct 2, 2012
My Mom got robbed at gun point at Chase bank on Saturday afternoon at 3:00pm. She was at the ATM when a man approached her & demanded 20k. When she said she didn't have that amount the man forced her to go in the bank and empty her savings account. This coward was targeting older women, tell your parents to be careful. Detectives are investigating but since the funds were taken outside the bank the FDIC in not insure a penny.

The loss was over 16k....:mad:

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
bLAzen03 said:
My Mom got robbed at gun point at Chase bank on Saturday afternoon at 3:00pm. She was at the ATM when a man approached her & demanded 20k. When she said she didn't have that amount the man forced her to go in the bank and empty her savings account. This coward was targeting older women, tell your parents to be careful. Detectives are investigating but since the funds were taken outside the bank the FDIC in not insure a penny.

First off, best wishes to your mom.

Did he go inside with her? If not she should have told the teller what was happening. If he did the crime happened INSIDE the bank and should be insured. This is just one more shining example of how well gun free zones work.

gunfreezone.jpg

cody_s

Dec 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Short Bus said:

Did he go inside with her? If not she should have told the teller what was happening. If he did the crime happened INSIDE the bank and should be insured. This is just one more shining example of how well gun free zones work.

gunfreezone.jpg

Couldn't agree more. I'm sorry to hear about what happened, and glad she is okay and unharmed (at least physically, I'm sure there's some emotional scaring). But yes, short bus is right, shows the criminals aren't going to obey gun control laws.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
bLAzen03 said:

Couple issues, but first off. I am sorry for your Mom.

Issues:

Typically Sat afternoons banks are not open...at least to "in" and pull out money

If he went in with her at gun point then the FDIC should cover it.

If he did not, she is dumb to leave the safety of the bank.

You typically can not go right in to a teller and withdrawal over 10K. There is paper work and such for IRS and taxes and other forms I believe.

Detectives should investigate period...not just because the FDIC will not cover it. It is a violent crime with a weapon. Felonies are always investigated.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
HARDTRAILZ said:

You typically can not go right in to a teller and withdrawal over 10K. There is paper work and such for IRS and taxes and other forms I believe.

True...In Jan. I needed to get $10k cash to buy my Denali,I couldn't believe that they needed two days notice to have that "much" cash on hand.This was BOA not some little local bank.
The important thing is that the lady is OK,although she no doubt will be tramatized from this scumbag's cowardly deed....Mike

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Short Bus said:

gunfreezone.jpg

I was watching a program about handguns in America and one statistic really stuck with me.They spoke of the Mark Twain (riverboat era) and how it became fashionable for women to carry derringers in their purses.It was during this period that crimes against women were the lowest ever recorded in America......might think twice if that sweet old lady might pop a cap in your ass:undecided:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.
Robert A. Heinlein

bLAzen03

Original poster
Oct 2, 2012
HARDTRAILZ said:

Issues:

Typically Sat afternoons banks are not open...at least to "in" and pull out money

If he went in with her at gun point then the FDIC should cover it.

If he did not, she is dumb to leave the safety of the bank.

Detectives should investigate period...not just because the FDIC will not cover it. It is a violent crime with a weapon. Felonies are always investigated.

Chase banks are open from 9-4 on saturdays around here. This is a highly populated area where this happend.

He did go with her inside the bank & stood a good 2-3 feet away, the teller asked a few question but nothing as a far a filling out forms or any waiting periods. Within 5 minutes she was outside near a walkway handing over the money, as he reached for the money, with his other hand he pulled out approx 2" stack of bills to make room for my moms money. Right away my mom knew at that point this POS had already done this to someone else.

The following Monday I went to a completely different Chase location & asked the branch mgr what was protocol for something like this & he replied, it's out of our hands once you walk out of that door. The bank complies with the PD but doesn't really follow up any longer...As it's not there money......

When she was approached about 2" of the gun was showing..

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
bLAzen03 said:
as he reached for the money, with his other hand he pulled out approx 2" stack of bills to make room for my moms money. Right away my mom knew at that point this POS had already done this to someone else.

That really sucks. Hope she is doing ok. Buy her a gun because when he reached out with one hand and pulled out a stack of bills with the other, she had a prime window to put a dirtbag 6 feet deep. He was obviously not real bright since he put the gun away or somewhere other than his hand. Hopefully the next person takes the oppportunity in the bank or during the exchange to call for help or with any luck...give him a third eye.

mike_k

Dec 5, 2011
northcreek said:
I was watching a program about handguns in America and one statistic really stuck with me.They spoke of the Mark Twain (riverboat era) and how it became fashionable for women to carry derringers in their purses.It was during this period that crimes against women were the lowest ever recorded in America......might think twice if that sweet old lady might pop a cap in your ass:undecided:

My wife carries a reuger 9mm in her purse and my mom has a .22 that she carries. both have c&c permits. :thumbsup:

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.
Robert A. Heinlein
This

Every time I go to nyc or la I get into it with someone being rude for no reason. One thing I love about being down south is southern hospitality (treat everyone like they are packing)

I'm surprised they let the ops mom pull out that much money without taking them into the office to draw the paperwork... I'd look into that

cmatb08

Jun 3, 2012
This is the reason I carry my glock 40 with me and why I'm buyin my with the baby glock 9mil for Xmas! I hope everything works out for your mom!!! Stupidity should be illegal :hissyfit:

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
northcreek said:
They spoke of the Mark Twain (riverboat era) and how it became fashionable for women to carry derringers in their purses.It was during this period that crimes against women were the lowest ever recorded in America......might think twice if that sweet old lady might pop a cap in your ass:undecided:

Funny you say that, my sweet lady neighbor (70's yrs) at the end of are road carries a 45 in one hand and a dog leash in the other when walking down the road. The other morning I waved to her and up pops her hand & 45 waving back. :rotfl:

This is one thing on my list for 2013 is to take a gun safety class and apply for a CCW.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
the roadie said:
BOA sucks worse than any local bank could work up the momentum to achieve. They are intergalactic-class suck-worthy, without peer. Flee.

Funny that you mention it because my wife and I were just discussing this recently and are making plans to jump ship...Mike.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shinystar696

Members Online