DEAL Review: Lime-Swap PCM tuning

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I just wanted to quickly write about Lime Swap's service. Jeremy was great. Answered all my questions quickly and the turnaround was fast. On top of that, he's cheaper than the other guys at $99 including shipping back (in the US). He also has a loaner service if you need that.

And something that's not mentioned too much on his site, he also does V8 tunes, which are also cheaper, which I will also be doing for my Saab soon, now that my TB is working again!

Thanks Jeremy. It will be a pleasure sending more of my business your way.

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
I have used limeswap also a while back and for the money I was pleased. Jeremy is very friendly and willing to answer questions and work with you.

Having said that there were things in the tune that could have been done that were not. I asked him to turn off engine torque management which he did not do. And the only other complaint was that he had it running super rich wot. It was set in the 9's a/f and was actually smoking it was so rich. I added a couple deg to the cam timing, and also ignition timing, leaned the fuel back down to around 12.2 wot and has much improved.

Would I send him another pcm if I didn't have hptuners? Yes.

Very well priced and worth the money. Thanks :smile:

stickypoop

Oct 14, 2014
ahh so he does ship to Canada? Awesome! I was holding off on getting one thinking shipping would either be an unreasonable cost or it would take far too long.

Were the results noticable?

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
He does ship to Canada but has to charge an extra $25 US. Still cheaper than the other guys. I used a US address service near the border as I was going there anyway so it was convenient and cheaper for me.

In my case, it made no difference because I went from a PCM tuned by PCMforLess (at the time) to this spare one I had tuned by Jeremy. Reason I did it was to get rid of a pesky code after I changed my timing chain and tensioner so I can pass my Etest. My TB had been parked part of the winter because of this. When I went to the tuned PCM initially, I was still going through some other issues after I had swapped the engine but did feel the firmer shifts (level 2) and was more responsive. It's basically a butt-o-meter subjective feeling. I doubt that MPG's were changed much. I also had fan codes turned off for e-fans at the time. Not a bad idea so you can use a normal 2008+ viscous fan clutch in case your electro-viscous clutch fails. Much cheaper and more reliable.

Reactions: HARDTRAILZ

Emcee

Mar 14, 2015
I just had mine done by him last month. The best part about the loaner program is that he'll send it to you with your settings pre-loaded so you can test them out before sending yours in for tweaking. I ended up changing a few things and am very happy with the outcome.

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Makes sense to do that instead of just sending a stock PCM.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evenson1

Members Online