reverse mirror tilt mod?

kickass audio

Original poster
Aug 25, 2012
Hi everyone! So I recently did the mod where you switch from a non-DIC cluster to a DIC cluster and I added 4 momentary switches that have blue LED rings on them. Looks really nice but is very bright at night and lights up my face a little. oops. haha.

Anyway, I was looking through the different settings you can make for the DIC features and found that you can make it so the passenger mirror tilts down when you go in reverse. I did not see that option at all when going through the customization features. Does this feature require having power seats? I know there are settings for where you can perform a recall the seat position on the drivers seat when you unlock the truck and a few other things like that. Is the reason why I cannot enable the feature for making the mirror tilt down when in reverse? Is this because I do not have power seats or my driver door module does not have the option for seat memory recall? Do I need to get it programmed at the dealer (if so I will not do that)

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
If you have an LS, you probably don't have the mirrors that are automatically set by the driver setting number (1 & 2) because if it were to do the curb view, it needs the sensor to put it back in the right position when you go back in drive. You would need to have the BCM reprogrammed to make it work and that's if you have the proper mirrors and the wiring is there. And that system works with the power seats with auto recall.

I have it and personally, find it annoying.

Tiggerr

Jun 6, 2013
Perrysburg, OH
Mooseman said:
If you have an LS, you probably don't have the mirrors that are automatically set by the driver setting number (1 & 2) because if it were to do the curb view, it needs the sensor to put it back in the right position when you go back in drive. You would need to have the BCM reprogrammed to make it work and that's if you have the proper mirrors and the wiring is there. And that system works with the power seats with auto recall.

+1 turned mine off in DIC in the first week that I bought it.

kickass audio

Original poster
Aug 25, 2012
Mooseman said:

I wanted to play with the setting to see if I found it useful. My co-worker has the envoy XL with the feature and he said he didn't like it either but was just curious if it was something I could turn on.

Thanks for the input though guys! I always appreciate it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online